Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexMasta

11-25-2012

So, they nerfed rengar again. If anyone played the Beta when he was just released then some of you may have seen reason for his 1st nerf pre live release, he was pretty much unstoppable. But as what has happened even after release they've nerfed him not once but twice, won't bother to go into the deep details as to what has been changed since anyone reading this should probably know his skill set. I just didn't see the need to nerf him again. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

at lvl 1 his double q can kill a champ

Mathemagically

11-26-2012

He breaks the meta. That is why he is nerfed.

He is an assassin and a successful one, he has the burst, the reliable gap closer as well as stealth. He is able to gib the carry before someone peels, offering little counter play once he jumps on the carry. In a meta where most of the damage of the team is put into two champion, Trading an assassin with a carry should win you the teamfight every time. He got nerfed twice in order to preserve the meta.

Evelynn with DFG was very similar. Too bursty, undetectable, support can't react fast enough to peel. Like Rengar, she is complete anti-thesis of the 3 tanks 2 carry meta, so nerfs were handed out accordingly to preserve the meta.

Rengar wasn't without counters, Because Rengar moves so fast compared to other member of the team when he ulti, a strong disengage team is able deter Rengar from jumping on the carry, wasting his ulti. Without ulti, Rengar is even more kitable than Udyr. But this whole thing is "anti-fun"(Whatever the **** that means) and Riot really like the meta.

Zenmetsu Saseru

11-26-2012

To hell with your "meta". I've won games going mid with Vayne, there is no reason to preserve the meta if it is going to evolve. Stifling change (if you think is happening) is never good for a game.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathemagically View Post

He is an assassin and a successful one, he has the burst, the reliable gap closer as well as stealth. He is able to gib the carry before someone peels, offering little counter play once he jumps on the carry. In a meta where most of the damage of the team is put into two champion, Trading an assassin with a carry should win you the teamfight every time. He got nerfed twice in order to preserve the meta.

Evelynn with DFG was very similar. Too bursty, undetectable, support can't react fast enough to peel. Like Rengar, she is complete anti-thesis of the 3 tanks 2 carry meta, so nerfs were handed out accordingly to preserve the meta.

Rengar wasn't without counters, Because Rengar moves so fast compared to other member of the team when he ulti, a strong disengage team is able deter Rengar from jumping on the carry, wasting his ulti. Without ulti, Rengar is even more kitable than Udyr. But this whole thing is "anti-fun"(Whatever the **** that means) and Riot really like the meta.
no

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmetsu Saseru View Post
To hell with your "meta". I've won games going mid with Vayne, there is no reason to preserve the meta if it is going to evolve. Stifling change (if you think is happening) is never good for a game.
false

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TisTheWay View Post
at lvl 1 his double q can kill a champ
nub or troll

ImpTaimer

11-27-2012

I feel like I'm about to stick my hand in fire and ask why it burned me but...

What got nerfed? You didn't hint anything that got nerfed and expect people to know what you're talking about.

I find when I play Rengar that at the end of the match my physical and magic damage are so close to each other. Sometimes my magic passes my physical because of my build (sunfire and/or thornmail) and/or because of using W to clear minion/monsters and harass.

Did they nerf his AP ratios? Did they nerf the necklace? Did they nerf his passive?

Because I can see all three of those getting nerfed.

His W is destructive, and lets him play AP effectively, especially since he can get a lot of use out of Sheen/Trinity/Lichbane. Time your AA with Q, blam-blam.

His necklace is very cost effective. It's like a personal Doran's that snowballs. At any point you can just sell it for a "better" item. I would say the best perk of the item is the leap range. I personally don't get it because I prefer to build Rengar tanky and/or get a Trinity.

His passive is probably the reason people hate him the most. He can spam it as much as he wants as long as he touches a bush, and god forbid you're being chased inside a bush cause you're not getting away without hard CC.

Out of those three, I wouldn't care one bit if his AP got nerfed or the necklace got nerfed. If only his passive got nerfed, I'd have a harder time ganking. The range is barely enough to gank mid, and sometimes you'll find yourself running out the bush instead of leaping even though the target is/was in your circle when you decided to initiate.

I could be wrong all together and they're just nerfing his cooldown numbers. This would hurt the other reason people hate him, his Ferocity. Nobody seems to want to counter him building it. I basically use abilities as an excuse to last-hit minions and build ferocity in the process.

as Desolator

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
nub or troll
CerealBoxOfNoob

Dumaraz

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathemagically View Post

So, anti-fun constitutes broken gameplay machanics in which regardless of player-skill/response-time, the player can't react at all to a given situation resulting in player death.

That's something any and every game should heavily investigate and exercise a fix, especially when tournament competitive-play.