Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Critical] Smartcasting on Malady Causes Bugsplat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resolude

11-25-2012

Upon smartcasting the item Malady, the game instantly crashes and causes a Bugsplat. Originally, I thought I had potions on item slot number two, but as the game progressed, I built into Malady and that fell to item slot number two. I pressed two and the game instantly crashed.

Repro steps:
1) Build a Malady
2) Put it on item slot two
3) Smartcast it (not sure if you could repro with regular casting, but I smartcast)
4) Press 2
5) Game crashes

EDIT:
I should note that the title should say Major and not Critical, as this doesn't break the game. It causes a massive inconvenience to a user if he or she stumbles upon it, but it's not game-breaking. Sorry about that. Can't edit titles.

Resolude

11-25-2012

Was able to reproduce using item slot one, so it's safe to assume the item slot doesn't matter. Will try with non-smartcast and report back.

Resolude

11-25-2012

Tried again, using regular casting on my items. Client did not crash. Client will crash on smartcasting, regardless of slot. The only item obviously affected by this is Malady, as the boots, daggers, and amplifying tomes that went along with my test game were not able to crash the client.

Just to summarize, smartcasting Malady regardless of item slot or game type will instantly crash the client. I'll be trying other new items to see if they're susceptible.

New items appear to be okay. Malady is the culprit here.

Resolude

11-26-2012

Bump.

Resolude

11-27-2012

Shameless bump.

RedTruth

11-27-2012

Quote:
Resolude:
Upon smartcasting the item Malady, the game instantly crashes and causes a Bugsplat. Originally, I thought I had potions on item slot number two, but as the game progressed, I built into Malady and that fell to item slot number two. I pressed two and the game instantly crashed.

Repro steps:
1) Build a Malady
2) Put it on item slot two
3) Smartcast it (not sure if you could repro with regular casting, but I smartcast)
4) Press 2
5) Game crashes

EDIT:
I should note that the title should say Major and not Critical, as this doesn't break the game. It causes a massive inconvenience to a user if he or she stumbles upon it, but it's not game-breaking. Sorry about that. Can't edit titles.

I came across the same crash! I had Malady in item slot 3 I believe, and was trying to use potions.

Resolude

11-28-2012

Another bump. Will bump until fixed.

Resolude

11-28-2012

Second page. Bump again.

Tiernos

11-28-2012

I've also had this bug, playing some karma games I thought it was a problem with karma at first. Yes I tried malady on karma, want to fight about it?

Resolude

11-29-2012

Quote:
Tiernos:
I've also had this bug, playing some karma games I thought it was a problem with karma at first. Yes I tried malady on karma, want to fight about it?

So it's also regardless of champion (as I assumed but never confirmed).

Bump. Riot pls.