Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Idea.] Dante the Darkslayer (Work in Progress)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

12-19-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:
My thought: Ult Taunts enemy champion for 1.5/2/2.5 seconds. For the duration of the ultimate Dante takes 50% normal damage from non target champion, and stores the other 50% for later use (up to 400, 500, 600 damage). At the end of the taunt the stored damage is converted into a health shield which gains his full AD scaling and has a minimum of 100/200/300 +1.0 AD health (lasts 3 seconds or until broken), furthermore Dante can reactivate the ability within the next 3 seconds to step through the void to appear behind his target. While the shield is active all enemies within 400 units of Dante have their attack speed slowed 20/25/30%, and take 30% of the shield's max health per second in damage.

This is really good...I like it...A lot.. Only issue is he isn't part of the void. Maybe more like Virgil's Air-Trick from Devil May Cry 3 would be more...What's a good word for "being core to his character"?

It's a pretty big revamp but excellent nonetheless. Definitely makes him an actually AD bruiser. Hat's off to you sir. ^^

Dzanio

12-19-2012

Glad you approve; I tried to make it incorporate all the separate elements you had already thrown out there, just in a more logical manner.

Whoops, backstory wrong. Maybe I should read those. :P Made a silly assumption about Helba's former apprentice.

NobSaiboot

12-19-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:
Whoops, backstory wrong. Maybe I should read those. :P Made a silly assumption about Helba's former apprentice.

You're not too far off though. Great idea for a legendary skin though.

Dzanio

12-19-2012

Any plans to implement some of the synergy changes I've suggested between q and w, or any energy restoration combos? Just curious.

NobSaiboot

12-19-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:
Any plans to implement some of the synergy changes I've suggested between q and w, or any energy restoration combos? Just curious.

Still throwing ideas around. But it's time for some z's...G'Night.

NobSaiboot

12-21-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:

Alright...I've figured out the energy restoration part and a little extra synergy for the Q and W.

Dzanio

12-21-2012

Q: Enemy champions hit at the end of this dash are slowed and have Insert Name of Mark Here (Mark of the Dark Slayer? -- -.- I should just stay away from names and lore...) Applied to them.

W: Is the cd reduced/energy restored per mark consumed? Does consuming the mark eliminate the slow? Would be an interesting idea; might want to cap energy restored in this way, perhaps to a maximum of a full refund. Would probably increase base energy cost to 90 ish in this event.

Quote:
Royal Guard/Air Trick (R) : Dante taunts a single enemy champion, decreases the amount of damage by all sources by 35% and storing all damage dealt after the decrease for later use. At the end of the taunt the stored damage is converted into a health shield, which slows enemy attack speed and deals damage based on the shields maximum HP. Dante can reactivate this ability when the shield is up to reappear behind an enemy champion and silence them.

I re-read this and noticed that the wording on this suggested that it provided 100% damage mitigation. Should read: 35% (have this scale up w/ ranks in the ultimate ~10%/rank is probably appropriate) of damage Dante would normally take from all sources is instead stored for later use (this is your damage mitigation). At the end of the taunt duration Dante gains a temporary shield for the damage mitigated (I feel this needs a cap). Enemies within a certain radius of Dante have their attack speed slowed, and take % max shield health in damage every second for 3 seconds or until the shield breaks. While the shield is up Dante can Reactivate this ability to reappear behind target enemy, briefly silencing them (I'm debating if reactivation should sacrifice the shield; thinking not, but if not then it definitely needs to have a health cap or it's overpowered).

NobSaiboot

12-22-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:
Q: Enemy champions hit at the end of this dash are slowed and have Insert Name of Mark Here (Mark of the Dark Slayer? -- -.- I should just stay away from names and lore...) Applied to them.

W: Is the cd reduced/energy restored per mark consumed? Does consuming the mark eliminate the slow? Would be an interesting idea; might want to cap energy restored in this way, perhaps to a maximum of a full refund. Would probably increase base energy cost to 90 ish in this event.

I re-read this and noticed that the wording on this suggested that it provided 100% damage mitigation. Should read: 35% (have this scale up w/ ranks in the ultimate ~10%/rank is probably appropriate) of damage Dante would normally take from all sources is instead stored for later use (this is your damage mitigation). At the end of the taunt duration Dante gains a temporary shield for the damage mitigated (I feel this needs a cap). Enemies within a certain radius of Dante have their attack speed slowed, and take % max shield health in damage every second for 3 seconds or until the shield breaks. While the shield is up Dante can Reactivate this ability to reappear behind target enemy, briefly silencing them (I'm debating if reactivation should sacrifice the shield; thinking not, but if not then it definitely needs to have a health cap or it's overpowered).

Alright. Should be a little more clear now.

Dzanio

12-22-2012

I like the champ now . There's a small typo in the ult description where you use "has" instead of "have;" starts with "enemies w/in a certain radius (have).."

NobSaiboot

12-22-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:
I like the champ now . There's a small typo in the ult description where you use "has" instead of "have;" starts with "enemies w/in a certain radius (have).."

Fixed...And thanks for putting in almost as much time as I did into this. You've been extremely helpful.