"No, you are NEVER getting [insert limited skin here]"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arächnophobia

11-25-2012

I like this whole re-relase lmiited with an obvious difference to notify if its limited or new.
Like giving kitty katarina diff colored ears maybe.

GENIUS

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arächnophobia View Post
I like this whole re-relase lmiited with an obvious difference to notify if its limited or new.
Like giving kitty katarina diff colored ears maybe.

GENIUS
It would be interesting. It is very possible this wouldn't even please alot of the people begging for re-release as they wouldn't be getting the high valued rare skin but a duplicate (not truly the same).
They could do it as an experiment to see if people really think these old skins are just super awesome or just want them because...well they can't get them.

Transmorgify

11-25-2012

Funny how so many people don't seem to understand what limited means.
Cry some more children.

SpiritHacker

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liracy View Post
And I am laughing the entire time. You're never going to get it. Why? Because Riot told us that once they sold them, that was it. PERIOD.

Sure, you can do the trade, doesn't devalue my skin any, why? Because the same amount are in circulation. People see my Kitty Kat, or my UFO Corki and they're jealous, they wish they had it, they ask me how I got it, it feels awesome to tell them I got it by being a veteran of the game.

QQ more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpugp6DIb3I
So you understand my point perfectly, unlike half the people in here - you get that there will still be X number in circulation no matter how many trades take place - and you spam downvote the 2k threads anyway. And you laugh as you do it. You, sir, are a terrible person and should feel bad. Or in the words of Gentleman Cho'Gath, "you sir are a scoundrel and a ruffian."

And what you mean is "it feels awesome to have something they can't get." Which is why you downvote the 2k threads. Selfishness and elitism at its worst. You can't stop the 2ks though. You might get one or two, but the people who deserve the skins will work through your hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
The only thing I hate about LE skins is that you just don't freaking see them and that seems like the biggest waste to me... At least I don't see them.
This. People like Liracy often have the skins just to say "I have a skin you can't have." I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen one of the rarer skins. Don't think I've ever seen a Kitty Cat in-game. So if people want the skin because the genuinely love the skin and will use it... why the heck not?

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Yu-gi-oh never stated obligations to their customers (at least not when I bought them) about anything in regards to collector value, so they can do as they please. They never promised anyone that they won't resell or reprint (contrast with Riot which is the opposite situation)

And then Contrast this with Magic: the gathering which is now bound by their own policy to not reprint certain cards. They created this policy to please their fans whom dish out loads of $$ on legacy cards and things like black lotus, to ensure that they (wizards) will not destroy the secondary market for such things.

But you should also keep in mind cards are tangible objects and have a secondary market value. So for right now, they don't really align that much with champion skins. What is really important is what was communicated when Riot released the skins?
You are correct here. YGO did not make a promise, as Konami cares about its competitive fanbase (lol), whereas Wizards cares about both. This is a major reason why aside from very specific collector cards (pre-reprint Kanan), cards that were once valuable drop due to the ban list-- see Brionac.

But as you said-- they are tangible objects, unlike in game skins. There is no collector market, unless the act of trading goes through. However, if it does happen this causes a speculator market, which can ultimately be a bad thing for Riot (not saying it will be).

Releasing limited edition skins for MAJOR occasions could be an interesting thing; for example, the LoL 5th year anneversary

0Mace0

11-26-2012

LOL "MOOOOMMMMM BILLY GOT THE SAME SKIN AS I DO!!!" "Its ok honey, its only a skin in a video game!" QQ " but I dont WANT him to have it!!"

WillFM

11-28-2012

They should re-release the LE skins for 975rp, but they should be different, Like kitty kat skin....except with like an eye patch, and pirate outfit....and no ears or tail........

MomStalker

10-11-2013

Yes I will

mad?