"No, you are NEVER getting [insert limited skin here]"

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nard Daawg

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincarnation View Post
Saddens me I want Definitely Not Blitzcrank, but it came out Harrowing 2011 long before i started playing. They wont bring it back because they promised never to sell them again in the store, but I would be happy if riot invented some bizzarre way to give them away.

Some people bought them because they were limited time only and by not makingit liited you invalidate their reason for purchasing the skin

Same here except I'd much rather have Goalkeeper Blitzcrank lol

Io Reign

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincarnation View Post
Saddens me I want Definitely Not Blitzcrank, but it came out Harrowing 2011 long before i started playing. They wont bring it back because they promised never to sell them again in the store, but I would be happy if riot invented some bizzarre way to give them away.

Some people bought them because they were limited time only and by not makingit liited you invalidate their reason for purchasing the skin
This, those of us with older limited skins (I.E. all the kat skins everyone is trying to trade for) have them because we were around then. They show our age and that we are veterans of the game. It's not that we're losing things by trading them, it's that trading them invalidates them for everyone else. You could start today and trade for a skin I've had for years, meaning I no longer appear to be a veteran, because I might have just traded for it.

Bossman POJO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlemming View Post
I think it's all about the exclusivity, people don't like it when their incentive at the time to buy it (It will be gone later) is nullified by a rerelease later
this also, the people who got the skin were around when it came out as a limited edition (i only have 1 which is the nocturne skin). giving it away now after two years who go against the fact that it was released as a 1 time only deal. Caving into the newer people, who are crying about wanting it opened again (which is also selfish) isnt the way to do, what would people who actually were there get in exhange?

Mango027

11-25-2012

Why did Riot decide to make all the fun/creative skins limited edition before LoL got so popular?

where are our fun limited edition skins now? Other than Halloween there have not been any limited edition skins in 2012 that I can remember. Riot missed summer Olympics, Thanksgiving, Easter, and more opportunities for L.E. skins.

Ankokukai

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io Reign View Post
This, those of us with older limited skins (I.E. all the kat skins everyone is trying to trade for) have them because we were around then. They show our age and that we are veterans of the game. It's not that we're losing things by trading them, it's that trading them invalidates them for everyone else. You could start today and trade for a skin I've had for years, meaning I no longer appear to be a veteran, because I might have just traded for it.

People cares more about Elo than the time you have spend on the game
you can be a "Veteran" and be at 1000 elo, while someone with 6 months can be at the 1800
Nobody cares, and nobody even thinks about you as a "veteran" or good player

People dye their gray hair, that doesnt "invalidate" their years, they dont lose anything

I have LE skins, and i couldnt care any less about people having them know, because it doesnt "invalidate" anything from me

Signal Warden

11-25-2012

There is a slightly legitimate mentality to it though. Those skins are legacy based on time. That time has been invested. People spend two and a half years on a game, contributing their little bit and their time to improve the game and keep the community strong and full. They see those skins as a badge, showing players that they've toughed things out with Riot. It's kind of like a plaque that says "3 years of patronage" that is then given to someone who has given up 3 months of their time.

Now I'm not saying don't reintroduce the Legacy skins, I'm just saying there is another side to it, that isn't as juvenile as it would first appear.

Zenbear

11-25-2012

It's a marketing gimick to make more money. An even smarter one than putting them on sale. Cheap market tactic but smart none the less.

I don't like it

blitz4

11-25-2012

I have one or two limited edition skins such as PAX JAX.

I don't mind sharing. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. Only 2-5 players on average even HAVE a skin on average in a game regardless. And mirror matches are VERY rare (with the same skin other then default.) in normals. (And impossible in ranked.)

Edit: Though, I will say I am slighly irked when someone toxic uses a skin I use/ like using. I see skins as an in-game representation of myself. Though this hasn't really anything to do with actually sharing the skin, no.

Also, as for the reasoning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenbear View Post
It's a marketing gimick to make more money. An even smarter one than putting them on sale. Cheap market tactic but smart none the less.

I don't like it
And

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Rare things are more valuable. Riot releases things with the promise they would be rare, and they sell. Riot wants money, so they continue to sell the rare things.

If they changed their policy, either in reselling something they promised would be rare, or in no longer making limited edition skins, people would be mad because they bought it on the promise that the thing they bought would be rare.

Not a difficult concept.
Are your reasons right there. Riot justified the last bunch of skins that where legacy/limited by making polls....but those polls played off the selfishness and egotistical nature of the community (And didn't count "potential" players that may not be active on the forums and/or aren't playing LoL in this time) and are thus, flawed. It's ok to take some feedback/suggestions from the community, but Riot knew that the community by and large looks after themselves.

Boku Girl

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango027 View Post
Why did Riot decide to make all the fun/creative skins limited edition before LoL got so popular?

where are our fun limited edition skins now? Other than Halloween there have not been any limited edition skins in 2012 that I can remember. Riot missed summer Olympics, Thanksgiving, Easter, and more opportunities for L.E. skins.
Those were legacy, not limited. But yea, they were pretty bad compared to the past skins (besides Zombie Brand).

AlphariusRising

11-25-2012

Rare things are more valuable. Riot releases things with the promise they would be rare, and they sell. Riot wants money, so they continue to sell the rare things.

If they changed their policy, either in reselling something they promised would be rare, or in no longer making limited edition skins, people would be mad because they bought it on the promise that the thing they bought would be rare.

Not a difficult concept.

123456 ... 7