New ideas for Syndra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YourmomsBoB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-25-2012

We all know that Syndra is one of the least picked heroes and deserves a bit of love to fix her short comings. The changes I will be presenting will make Syndra more of an initiator as well as a great support in team battles or a vicious jungler. With some of the ideas that Riot was considering about the reworks of Dark Sphere and it's ability to tank jungle aggo, the suggested ability change will help jungling be a bit more efficient.

Because Syndra is a caster hero it's known that she will be most likely one of the main targets in fray when it comes down to who will die first. It would be great to have an ability that stops the enemy from being able to rush in and shutting Syndra down.

The passive is the most important piece of every hero. Syndra's passive at the moment isn't beneficial to her until level 9 and so on. With this change to Transcendent, Syndra will have access to the bonus abilities of her passive while still maintaining the same percentages.

Transcendent: Gradually levels over time increasing Syndra's abilities as she overpowers the dampening spell placed on her.
Syndra starts with:
-Dark Sphere- 3% (15%) bonus damage to enemy champions.
-Force of Will- 5% (35%) increase in slow duration.
-Scatter the weak- 10% (50%) increased spell width.

The two abilities that I believe should be changed are her W and R.

Force of Will- Syndra can turn an target enemy or ally into a Dark Sphere for 1 second.
-this ability does 0 damage, targeted champion is immune to all spells and damage and cannot cast or attack.
-In addition, targeted enemy champions receive a debuff lasting for 5 seconds.
-If Toss is not activated cooldown of Force of Will is halved (or something).

+ During the 1 second- Syndra can toss enemy Dark Sphere to enemy target(s) to deal damage to captured target and stun for 1 second. Also dealing AOE damage to surrounding targets.
- In addition surrounding units are slowed.

+ Durning 1 second- Syndra can toss ally Dark Sphere to ally target(s).
- Enemies hit on impact are slowed.

~~ The damage that this ability would do would based off whatever Riot considers to be suitable. As for the cooldown for this ability would be something like 26/24/22/20/18 seconds.

Unleashed Power- Syndra Draws upon Syndra's full cataclysmic power, harnessing all dark spheres to deal 90 / 135 / 180 (+20% of ability power) magic damage per sphere to an enemy champion. This spell will cause the three spheres floating about Syndra to become active, dealing a minimum of 270 / 405 / 540 (+60% of ability power) magic damage.
- debuffed enemy champion would be tossed to ulted target counting as another dark sphere for bonus damage.

I believe these changes would help Syndra a lot when it comes down to solo mid/top and jungle. During team battles Syndra would have more to offer her team when it comes down to damage while having options to survival at the same time.

At first these changes may seem like they are over powered, but when you think about it she has nothing to offer her team now, as well as she can't hold her lane 1v1 against any common middle lane picks. Having the option of a CC ability, even for 1 second, can make the difference in Syndra's life or death, kill or assist, save or disengage. Adding a 7th dark sphere would offer almost 200 more damage to her ultimate giving her a little more of a bang where it really matters.

Either way, thanks for looking and if you like it or have any suggestions please respond.

The5lacker

11-25-2012

The ability to turn ALLIES into dark spheres, negating their abilities and removing their movement? Yeah, that'd increase how much she'd be picked. By trolls.

Really, Syndra doesn't need an ability rework, just some better scaling. As is, if she dealt more damage, she'd fulfill her purpose a lot better and would be genuinely terrifying to play against, especially late game when she might be able to singlehandedly slay almost any champion 1v1. That's a great purpose for her. A kind of AP Carry/Assassin.

Really, your only change is outrageously confusing and would open up so many doors for trolling that I can't even begin to imagine them. No single ability should let a person so easily reposition anyone, ally or enemy, and no ability should let ANYONE directly put an ally into harms way. That's just a terrible idea through and through.

Ansaa

11-25-2012

She isn't one of the least picked champions, when I look at the matches to spectate on the main page, she is in 2/5 of them.

Passive: This is actually a great idea... instead of one extreme boost the gradual increase to full power would be so much better. I seriously hope someone from Riot sees that! Great idea.

Force of Will: Hang on... are you suggesting Syndra can drag enemy and allied champions? Not only would it be extremely easy to troll your own team with this, but also it would be OP... being able to polymorph and displace an enemy is way to much, especially if it isn't even a skill shot. NO.

What did you even change about her Ult? It needs more range, scaling off Transcendant in my opinion.

ValorAndGlory

11-25-2012

I like the passive idea, barely. I personally love playing syndra the way she is now, and am quite good with her. Also I don't see any differences in her ult other then it throws the debuffed target as well.

Deleven

11-25-2012

syndra has a high skill requirement, she does not have short comings that stop her from being played. Salace has picked up syndra, and he players her to frightening effect.

for your passive idea,you buffed her abilities and removed her passive, she would have less of a passive then renecton. the current system is better because it actually incentives maxing a skill, but is still not apparent because you naturally max skill by skill anyway. a better system would be to give a smaller buff to the skill when it reaches level 3, which would make the player choose between maxing one skill or maximizing the passive.

for your suggestion on force of will, you combined a blitz pull and skarner grap into a ranged lockon skill you can get at level one.

YourmomsBoB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
The ability to turn ALLIES into dark spheres, negating their abilities and removing their movement? Yeah, that'd increase how much she'd be picked. By trolls.

Really, Syndra doesn't need an ability rework, just some better scaling. As is, if she dealt more damage, she'd fulfill her purpose a lot better and would be genuinely terrifying to play against, especially late game when she might be able to singlehandedly slay almost any champion 1v1. That's a great purpose for her. A kind of AP Carry/Assassin.

Really, your only change is outrageously confusing and would open up so many doors for trolling that I can't even begin to imagine them. No single ability should let a person so easily reposition anyone, ally or enemy, and no ability should let ANYONE directly put an ally into harms way. That's just a terrible idea through and through.
you read it wrong. you cant toss enemies into allies and vice versa. the idea is that you have a stun that makes either ally or enemy invincible for 1 second. the ability doesnt do damage itself it is merely 1 second disable. which there are plenty of 1-2 second disables.

YourmomsBoB

Recruiter

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
She isn't one of the least picked champions, when I look at the matches to spectate on the main page, she is in 2/5 of them.

Passive: This is actually a great idea... instead of one extreme boost the gradual increase to full power would be so much better. I seriously hope someone from Riot sees that! Great idea.

Force of Will: Hang on... are you suggesting Syndra can drag enemy and allied champions? Not only would it be extremely easy to troll your own team with this, but also it would be OP... being able to polymorph and displace an enemy is way to much, especially if it isn't even a skill shot. NO.

What did you even change about her Ult? It needs more range, scaling off Transcendant in my opinion.
thanks for the passive comment. and as for the polymorph idea she can only toss them at their own group. meaning enemies can only be tossed at enemies and allies at allies. the idea of the polymorph is just like a stun or a disable. no one gets hurt unless they are tossed and since its like Ahri or Khazix ultimate where you have to spam R to get its full ability. the idea is that if you dont get to toss you atleast have an escape. syndra's escape blows and i just recommend an ability that was in DoTA that phased enemy or ally for a few seconds. w

her ults change would just make it so that who ever has the debuff from her new force of will, would count as an extra dark sphere that she controls. meaning the person who is targeted with the ult would take an extra dark sphere bonus damage which would be about 200 more damage added to the ultimate.
i dont know if you guys truly understand >.> its late and im drinking

YourmomsBoB

Recruiter

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper11 View Post
syndra has a high skill requirement, she does not have short comings that stop her from being played. Salace has picked up syndra, and he players her to frightening effect.

for your passive idea,you buffed her abilities and removed her passive, she would have less of a passive then renecton. the current system is better because it actually incentives maxing a skill, but is still not apparent because you naturally max skill by skill anyway. a better system would be to give a smaller buff to the skill when it reaches level 3, which would make the player choose between maxing one skill or maximizing the passive.

for your suggestion on force of will, you combined a blitz pull and skarner grap into a ranged lockon skill you can get at level one.
Clearly states "Force of Will- Syndra can turn an target enemy or ally into a Dark Sphere for 1 second.
-this ability does 0 damage, targeted champion is immune to all spells and damage and cannot cast or attack.
-In addition, targeted enemy champions receive a debuff lasting for 5 seconds.
-If Toss is not activated cooldown of Force of Will is halved (or something).

+ During the 1 second- Syndra can toss enemy Dark Sphere to enemy target(s) to deal damage to captured target and stun for 1 second. Also dealing AOE damage to surrounding targets.
- In addition surrounding units are slowed.

+ Durning 1 second- Syndra can toss ally Dark Sphere to ally target(s).
- Enemies hit on impact are slowed."

the ability it self is an 18 second CD (if you have max CDR) if you really read it carefully you can see that the skills arent at all broken/op in any way compared to some of the abilities in League now

ZanzabarTheEagle

Recruiter

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post

well technically its sort of a lulu (lulu's polymorph = his idea for the force of will) im not defending this because that just gives her a free dark sphere which is better than what lulu's polymorph does. and yeah i agree with you if it can target allies it would be abused so much in nomal quene and she would become an auto ban in ranked just incase there happens to be a troll. i mean sure more people in normals would play her just for trolling but last i knew the community in general hated trolling.

YourmomsBoB

Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanzabarTheEagle View Post
well technically its sort of a lulu (lulu's polymorph = his idea for the force of will) im not defending this because that just gives her a free dark sphere which is better than what lulu's polymorph does. and yeah i agree with you if it can target allies it would be abused so much in nomal quene and she would become an auto ban in ranked just incase there happens to be a troll. i mean sure more people in normals would play her just for trolling but last i knew the community in general hated trolling.
unfortunately, that is a possibility but then again blitz, shen, morg come on they always banned anyways