Map Flipping Please? (Purple to Blue)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killerbunny56

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Won't happen because dragon and baron pita are not the same. Bot lane would have baron for purple side

Typhoo Tea

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyndeSyte2020 View Post
code wise this is simply impossible. There are two ways to do this, both of which would require a MASSIVE amount of client/server computation. The location of everything is tracked with x,y coords. If everyone is on blue side visually then there is basically two games running at the same time, the real one and the one you are seeing. Double the strain and see what happens. purple is not hard. dont lock your cam.

However this is managable with all MMOS where players can rotatate the map.
I don't see how if you run to co ordinates by clicking the co ordinate on the minimap or on the screen how this would affect the render of the map rotation.

Plain and simply they'd rather release new champions and gain money than spend time coding a rotatable screen for player convenience.

Typhoo Tea

11-27-2012

Why would it not work if you could just grab and rotate the screen around

mnun

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoo Tea View Post
Why would it not work if you could just grab and rotate the screen around
It's alot harder than just that, they'd have to Retexture the newly flipped side. Because they don't have anything there currently. It is out of sight, so that would just be worthless computing power.

Pretty much it's an unrealistic solution to a problem that just requires people to hit Y and unlock the screen

Jahill

11-30-2012

Howabout just moving the HUD to the top?

adc

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahill View Post
Howabout just moving the HUD to the top?
Because having two different UI placements for either side would make the game easier to learn than unlocking the camera.

ChiSqrd

11-30-2012

Plz just learn to play with camera unlocked and stop complaining about the purple vs blue side stuff.

Vetra Knight

01-16-2013

Guys u have to understand, people who don't lock cam are the same people who are stubborn as **** and will say ur wrong... i prefer locking my cam, sure but if i need to see something far away i quickly hit Y which is the key binding i have for unlock/lock, attack my target then do it again..... with that said, the purple map has a big disadvantage, look at it this way, when ur blue, ur looking either diagnol or up, which has a lot more space then looking down where ur hud is, IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW SMALL U MAKE UR HUD you will still have that big ass minimap in the way which for botlane, blocks the bushes, a lot of people want top BECAUSE of this reason, i seriously hate bot purple lane because of that stupid disadvantage, i even unlock my dam screen to get a better view and just end up dieing more because of the stupid angle and that minimap..... people who keep unlock on your map WE ARE NOT SAYING WE WANT TO FLIP BECAUSE WE CANT PLAY UNLOCKED we are saying we want to reverse because it is in such a disadvantage point of view, in this case high ground is not the way to go in a fight........... PS if u dont want a flip option than at least provide us with a better and balanced view for purple.

DakuKori

01-16-2013

I set the key for lock/unlock to my spacebar, easier for me that way.

I used to play locked all the time, and because of starting off in bot games, i got so used to blue side, i thought purple was the same way, when you learn this isn't the case it's so damn disorienting, there should be something done about this.

I play with unlocked camera now, and even so, i'd rather play on blue side than purple side. Purple demands perfect camera position at all times because the HUD is right on top of your enemy, if you looked at a scene from both blue and purple in which the camera is in the exact same position, blue side simply awards more vision because the HUD is in a much less restricting area, simple as that. Yes playing unlocked helps with this a little, but the issue is still that one side has a tactical disadvantage that's basically built into the game, no matter how you try and turn it, it's not just a case of "lol locked camera scrubs, l2micro" It's actually a problem.

TheRealBOBDOLE

01-16-2013

They should allow map flip, but not because of locked cam. It should be allowed because bottom team has a slight advantage as there are less HUD items at the top of the screen. Or, a simpler solution, allow HUD to be customizable, including position and even visibility at all.