Map Flipping Please? (Purple to Blue)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zach And Zion

11-25-2012

With the addition of season 3. i think it would be a great addition to the game if they added in the option for personal desires, to Flip the map, Thus making Purple side look like blue side. I only play on Locked cam, So it's pretty annoying trying to use long range skill shots (IE: Final Spark) On Purple side angle. I think i would enjoy the game a lot more as well as other Locked cam users when placed on purple side. I hope Locked cam and Non-Locked cam users alike agree with me!

~L0lboy11

Styx 14

11-25-2012

I think that would be nice. I think there are more important things such as testing the new jungle and eliminating bugs before the regular season starts but being able to flip would be a nice addition

Claytone

11-25-2012

Well their's your problem. YOU LOCK CAM! No one should lock-cam because it reduces your map awareness and ability to preform. Just unlock cam and its fine. There is no problem with purple/blue side.

They are not gonna waste their time trying to make this time-consuming useless update.

Mauriziox

11-25-2012

yea its hard with long range skill such as malph ult... but i dont think that adding this option would be a good idea

Nicódemus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

wont do because they would need to program and render the m-a from that angle, pre rendered things dont just "flip" sry to say

HyndeSyte2020

11-25-2012

code wise this is simply impossible. There are two ways to do this, both of which would require a MASSIVE amount of client/server computation. The location of everything is tracked with x,y coords. If everyone is on blue side visually then there is basically two games running at the same time, the real one and the one you are seeing. Double the strain and see what happens. purple is not hard. dont lock your cam.

Slashinghardest

11-26-2012

The angle you do not see is actually not even there lol. The textures and increased models make the game run like **** so they deleted them to allow ppl with low end computers able to run the game.

foxfire100

11-26-2012

I completely agree with this idea and had a long list of expansions upon it, but I'm waiting for the release of the new Summoner's Rift (with the updated jungle) before I start voicing complaints.

I actually spent a long time compiling a list of differences between playing purple and playing blue, only because the game truly feels harder when you're on purple team and I wanted to see if it was just my imagination or if there was a reason. In fact, there's a LOT of reasons. Look at the rotation of the wraith camps, the bushes in top, the offset between jungle exit and major control points, the widths of tribushes,... The list goes on and on. There's a lot of things that look like they were designed by artists and not engineers, and so the map just isn't symmetrical. Made even worse by the UI blocking half your vision if you're purple.

Along with several tweaks to the map, I had two changes in mind. The first is like you said - flipping the map. This would NOT BE COMPUTATIONALLY DIFFICULT, despite what some may think. Rotating the camera in League would be as easy as rotating the camera in any other 3-dimensional game. Why can you and a friend look different directions in Halo without "basically two games running at the same time"? Because your computer knows the x and y positions of everyone in absolute coordinates and moving a camera doesn't change this. If the blue nexus is at 0,0 and the purple nexus is at 5000,5000 then all we're effectively doing is placing 5000,5000 in the bottom left and 0,0 in the top right - NOT creating a parallel world in which the purple nexus is at 0,0.

This would fix a lot of UI issues, and map tweaks would be made to fix issues like the wraith camp and top lane bushes. As for the control points, I recommend randomizing them. Half the time have dragon spawn near bottom lane and half the time have dragon spawn near bottom lane, chosen randomly at the beginning of the game. This would add a few interesting strategy elements to the game. The current meta supports an AD carry in bottom because their higher DPS makes for easy dragon steals. With a randomly spawning dragon the AD carry wouldn't know whether they were best in top or bottom until too late. Plus it would require either more running through river or more warding early game in order to learn the layout of the day's current jungle.

OneSixthIrish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

If you play with cam locked, don't. If the hud gets in your way, make it smaller.

foxfire100

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSixthIrish View Post
If you play with cam locked, don't. If the hud gets in your way, make it smaller.
That's not quite the point. If you're a good player and you're watching every lane and the minimap then you're probably not always starting at your own champion. You may click down into bottom lane to see if they need help, then you need to jump back to your lane. Quickest way to do this? Hit space bar. If you're blue team, this works perfectly. Your champion is centered and you can see the enemy. If you're purple them then your champion is centered and the enemy is hidden by the HUD.

The game should be designed well, you shouldn't have to compensate for mistakes in the code by manually adjusting the position of the camera every time. Play a Cho'Gath, Sona, Ashe, or anyone else who comes to mind with a very large range on one of their abilities. Then hold space and hold the mouse over the long-range ability so you can see its range. The top of the circle is entirely visible, meaning you can see enemies when they're outside of your range and you can continue to keep an eye on them as they enter your range. The bottom of the circle is cut off. You simply have no idea if there's an enemy in range or not without manually moving the camera. And heaven help you if you accidentally hit space in the middle of a team fight.