Season 3 Rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CycoMochi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

I am sure something similar to this happened to alot of people in Season 2. Say for example assume this is the chronology of events experienced by the given player:

Season 2 Day 101 - Reaches highest ELO of 1,650

Season 2 Day 290 - Drops to lowest ELO of 1,400 (this sort of ELO fluctuation is common)

Season 2 Day 291 - Riot announces that Season 2 rewards will be based on highest ELO attained from this date

The player does not get back above 1,500 for the rest of the season for whatever reason and does not receive the reward for gold. Personally I think this is very unfair because the rewards are supposed to be awarded for "Season 2" and not the "last 2 months of Season 2" (I can't be bothered looking up the exact dates, so I am just plucking dates out of the air). This player could even have been a diamond player and still didn't get the rewards.

Now that is the past already and I doubt anything can be done to rectify this. What is important is what are the implications for Season 3? So if I am this player, once I hit say 1,500 ELO, should I just stop playing ranked for the rest of the season to avoid the possibility of my ELO dropping back down to Silver rating? Surely this is not the ridiculous result that Riot wants?

I tried to get Riot's opinion and advice on this, but the support staff involved clearly does not understand what the problem is. What does everyone think?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CycoMochi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Wow, posts just disappear so quickly in this sea of messages...and Riot tells me it would be useful to post ideas here...