who needs a basic attack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rm7000

11-25-2012

I like the discussion here.
I dont think the fact that you cant build cetain items on the champion is a problem at all. This will simply free up space to build things more essential to the champions kit.

It happens all the time with other champions. For example Manamune, for a champion that needs mana and dmg would be great, for someone like riven who has no mana it would be utterly useless. thats not a bad thing, in fact its great, you don't have to worry about being mana hungry and you can focus more on tank or ad items.

The5lacker is really correct about there being no point to just having abilities if all they do is something that is exactly like a basic attack.
The thing with this would be the utility that comes with the abilities, the fact that he wouldnt have a basic attack would mean he could have more utility in his abilities than most champions. How you string attacks together would bring a great amount of stategy to game play.

Pluss I'm just thinking about the fun factor mostly. I would like the feel of being able to controll my champions in more ways than just point and click.

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

I agree! In-fact I've already conceptualized a full Champion concept prior to even have read this request!

Search Xaos, the Mastermind. Any critic is more than welcome. Be it good or bad, so please leave a comment if you think you can help!

The5lacker

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm7000 View Post
I like the discussion here.
I dont think the fact that you cant build cetain items on the champion is a problem at all. This will simply free up space to build things more essential to the champions kit.

It happens all the time with other champions. For example Manamune, for a champion that needs mana and dmg would be great, for someone like riven who has no mana it would be utterly useless. thats not a bad thing, in fact its great, you don't have to worry about being mana hungry and you can focus more on tank or ad items.

The5lacker is really correct about there being no point to just having abilities if all they do is something that is exactly like a basic attack.
The thing with this would be the utility that comes with the abilities, the fact that he wouldnt have a basic attack would mean he could have more utility in his abilities than most champions. How you string attacks together would bring a great amount of stategy to game play.

Pluss I'm just thinking about the fun factor mostly. I would like the feel of being able to controll my champions in more ways than just point and click.
Exactly, which is why I'm saying that having such a champion scale on AD, get a cooldown reduction from AS, and would benefit at all from Criticals is absurd. Champions who lack certain attributes (Mana, abilities that don't scale off of AP, etc.) are build with that in mind. And like I said, a champion who has no autoattacks would have to be build the same way: with the attributes it will lack in mind.

I'd just like to reiterate that I like the concept, and have in fact been working it in some form or another for quite some time. Hence the reason I'm so cautious about it. I can see a thousand ways in which this could go very poorly, and I'm doing my personal best to avoid those pitfalls by carefully thinking through exactly what being attackless means.

Moby the White

11-25-2012

i don't see how it couldn't have some sort of benefits from the stats it has. maybe there is a reason it can't auto attack :S idk its something never been done before and i'd have no idea how it would work ingame :S

ValorAndGlory

11-25-2012

quick champ in under 10 minutes, sorry if it is ****

Sonya - The Dancing Blades

Passive: Whirling Blade - each ability used within 6 seconds of the last increases the time of the next ability by a 1 second this stacks up to 3 seconds.

All of her abilities apply on strike and each basic attack effects

For every .50 of bonus attack speed she has she increases her movement speed by 2%
and AD is increased by 3%

her attack speed is 0.00 she has no basic

Q- Bloody Typhoon: Sonya dashes madly to and fro randomly slashing enemy minions or monsters each hit does more damage, lasts for 6 seconds (+ Passive bonus) dealing damage equal to your ad, each hit does 20/40/60/80/100 more damage every 2 seconds this ability lasts for. cooldown is 8 aoe is 300

W- Dark Ravaging: Sonya dashes forward 200 units dealing damage equal to her ad (+ 25% of her ap) if she hit something this amount is halved if she strikes a structure, in the next 3 seconds(+ passive bonus) she may active this ability again if she does this ability takes 2 seconds longer to cooldown can dash 3 times in a row before it goes into cooldown. Cooldown is 10 seconds.

E- Harvest Moon Barrage: Sonya leaps to target area 700 units away from her causing blades and wind to knock up for 1 second and away (300 units from the edge of the aoe) any enemies within a 300 unit aoe, enemies within 150 units from her get dealt damage equal to her ap (+25% of her ad), if she kills an enemy champion with this ability or in 1 second(+ passive bonus) after this ability's cooldown is refeshed. 8 second cooldown

R- Hurricane Waltz: Sonya spins around an aoe of 1450 units for the next 10 seconds (+1/2 the passive bonus) wildly striking enemy champions within the aoe, she will strike enemy champions at a rate equal to her bonus attack speed dealing 300 points of true damage with each strike. Cooldown is 120 seconds

in other words if her attack speed rate is maxed the she will be striking 4 enemy champions every 2 seconds.

can't decide if she should be energy or manaless.

Osprii

12-04-2012

Ok... wait a second.

So are you saying Veigar/Ryze/Ahri/any other mage aren't totally dependant on abilities? The only difference between this guy and them is that his farm early game would suck ass. And if he is AD but can't basic attack, THEN HE MIGHT AS WELL BE AP.

SephirothWontDie

12-04-2012

i imagine a character like you described, and having 3 basic attack abilities: punch, kick, grapple(maybe, idk what else) and then his r does a different effect based on what was used last, his passive being something that will give him some kind of sustain to be used with his abilities(idk if spell vamp or lifesteal) and they all apply on hit effects.

lets say this champ is released, his skill cap would be relatively low due to just mashing qewqwqer so-on-so-forth, and due to the combo thing, his skills would need to be low damage. this could be an interesting idea, but i just think that it might be a basic champion with no abilities, but it could work. idk, we would have to test it really.