who needs a basic attack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rm7000

11-25-2012

So here is my idea. make a champion that doesn't have an auto attack. He would rely entirely on abilities. lets say each ability does something. like a kick or a punch or a head but or something,

and stringing certain abilities together would allow you to do combos. Of course due to having no basic attack this champion would have to have no cost for his abilities and very, very low cool

downs. Riot is always saying they try to shake things up with new champions and abilities, we haven't seen anything in league like this yet and it would be awesome to have this style of game play

introduced in a champion.

The MechE

11-25-2012

Hmm...I like the idea of a champion relying completely on abilities.

Why don't we have this yet Riot?

Moby the White

11-25-2012

wweeqrqrdf

Rm7000

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
wweeqrqrdf
Chuck Norris round house kick followed by an ignite and flash!

Moby the White

11-25-2012

omg the konami code is godlike!

The5lacker

11-25-2012

The only way this would be viable is if the champ had a group of three abilities that had VERY low cooldowns and little to no mana cost. Otherwise, it'd be nigh-impossible to farm with him.

In addition, this would invalidate a large pile of items. Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Critical Chance, all would be next to useless on this hypothetical champion.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, not by far, but I'm saying it needs to be carefully constructed, and would be an absolute nightmare to balance. Give Riot some time, this concept isn't that original and they probably have something undergoing rigorous testing in their secret labs.

DarkHaitsu

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
The only way this would be viable is if the champ had a group of three abilities that had VERY low cooldowns and little to no mana cost. Otherwise, it'd be nigh-impossible to farm with him.

In addition, this would invalidate a large pile of items. Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Critical Chance, all would be next to useless on this hypothetical champion.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, not by far, but I'm saying it needs to be carefully constructed, and would be an absolute nightmare to balance. Give Riot some time, this concept isn't that original and they probably have something undergoing rigorous testing in their secret labs.

Attack damage would still be uselfull, maybe his spells need AD to be more powerfull...
Critical strike too, gangplank parrley can critical strike
Attack speed....maybe it could lower the cooldowns ( here an innovating idea !)

The5lacker

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHaitsu View Post
Attack damage would still be uselfull, maybe his spells need AD to be more powerfull...
Critical strike too, gangplank parrley can critical strike
Attack speed....maybe it could lower the cooldowns ( here an innovating idea !)
What kind of stupid champion would scale on attack damage WITHOUT HAVING AN ATTACK!?

Any champion who relied solely on abilities would be a mage. No ifs ands or buts. They would scale on AP. While most mages already have little to no use for Attack Damage, Critical Strikes, or Attack Speed, there are some items (Nashor's Tooth comes to mind) that make it possible to make hybrid builds.

A champion with no autoattack would be IMPOSSIBLE to do a hybrid build on, by it's very concept. If you want an ability that scales on attack damage, attack speed, and critical hit chance, JUST GIVE HIM AN AUTOATTACK.

DarkHaitsu

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
What kind of stupid champion would scale on attack damage WITHOUT HAVING AN ATTACK!?

Any champion who relied solely on abilities would be a mage. No ifs ands or buts. They would scale on AP. While most mages already have little to no use for Attack Damage, Critical Strikes, or Attack Speed, there are some items (Nashor's Tooth comes to mind) that make it possible to make hybrid builds.

A champion with no autoattack would be IMPOSSIBLE to do a hybrid build on, by it's very concept. If you want an ability that scales on attack damage, attack speed, and critical hit chance, JUST GIVE HIM AN AUTOATTACK.
Like the topic starter said, if he punches, kicks and do head buts, he should be scaled on AD
not on AP ( LOGIC )...attack speed could reduce the cooldown of the spells and critical strike would work like gangplank's parrley ( he can critical strike )
So, in little, i just repeated what i said up here...
Go' day
DarkHaitsu

The5lacker

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHaitsu View Post
Like the topic starter said, if he punches, kicks and do head buts, he should be scaled on AD
not on AP ( LOGIC )...attack speed could reduce the cooldown of the spells and critical strike would work like gangplank's parrley ( he can critical strike )
So, in little, i just repeated what i said up here...
Go' day
DarkHaitsu
So, if attack speed reduced the cooldown, and if he can only attack via abilities, it's almost like it's increasing the speed of his attacks!

And if a character is fighting with headbutts and kicks, they would have an AUTOATTACK. *Facepalm*

A character with no autoattack could only be justified if the character in and of itself had no way of autoattacking, either from being incorporeal (which, still, magical autoattacks) or from being, like, a brain in a jar (again, magical autoattacks.) Just having, say, a kung-fu guy who's abilities are Punch, Kick, and Headbutt, and then not giving him the ability to autoattack would just be absurd. You haven't removed the ability to autoattack. You've just removed, well, his abilities, and replaced them with autoattacks.