Is Ahri that good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuil

11-24-2012

I have Ahri, and I never use her anymore, she doesn't seem like a good mid and I am thinking of refunding her.

She drains her mana dry early to mid game, but does great damage.

Late game, she tears the ADC only it seems, but has good mana control.

I dunno, am I playing her wrong?

as Desolator

11-24-2012

ahri got nerfed i think

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-24-2012

ahri is fantastic

:3 I'd be happy to spend a good portion of tonight posting about how amazing she is for you. Lets get started. Ask me things. Feel free to get yourself some milk or sugar. o_o nothing like a nightly ritual to get the convo started.... hail ahri... do it DO IT...

/ahri fancult banner

Paralyzing

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
ahri is fantastic

:3 I'd be happy to spend a good portion of tonight posting about how amazing she is for you. Lets get started. Ask me things. Feel free to get yourself some milk or sugar. o_o nothing like a nightly ritual to get the convo started.... hail ahri... do it DO IT...

/ahri fancult banner
Why does she counter Katarina?

DarksideEric

11-24-2012

I enjoyed Ahri when I first bought her, but I never stuck with her.

I've seen GPs give her a hard time though.

DarkMaster3746

11-24-2012

i bought her the first day she was out, after a couple of games i could dominate almost every lane butthey started to nerf her mana costs of all her spells, then her ultimate cd, then they put a delay between consecutive ults (that cut her perfect dives), then they nerfed the dmg to avoid ahri bulding tanky an doing too muc dmg . she has been nerfed alot but she is still viable but is far from her release date u.u.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuil View Post
I have Ahri, and I never use her anymore, she doesn't seem like a good mid and I am thinking of refunding her.
blasphemy

Quote:
She drains her mana dry early to mid game, but does great damage.
"With great power comes great responsibility."
~Ben Parker

If you are tempted to strut your power and try to impose your will on others to bully them in lane then naturally you will not have mana for very long. Do not try to push the lane using mana unless you are willing to pay the price to do so. Learning lane control is a more advanced tactic that needs to be learned regardless of what role you fill, even if youre a jungler. Ahri can slowly push her lane just enough that she can freeze it where she likes or unfreeze all with her fairly good auto attack. If she needs to she can burst it back or zone/distract an enemy while the lane does what she wants. She requires smart positioning and you have to be able to quickly understand the responses of the opponent.

You know that annie knows youre coming to orb her. But she keeps going as though she wants to eat it. You are in danger of getting bursted by her combo if she decides to flash and trade. Why not just flash though... because she has short range of course. You can take advantage of this by conserving mana and letting your lane freeze closer to your turret. Annie will stay behind minons to hide from charm and force you to push to harrass for the most part. But you don't have to harrass anybody. Youre an assassin with pretty good farming skills. You can push the lane back anytime you like so its ok if it gets close to your tower. And annie has no escapes aside from her stun and the occasional tibbers + minions pathing obstruction.

But what if youre up against someone like leblanc or fizz. Hard to say when they could strike. But you know what, assassins kinda suck at pushing normally, but not ahri. Just push your lane and recover the mana as you go to gank somebody. No point poking towers knowing you can't stay long enough with the enemy harrassing you right? So just go gank and do it hard, ahri likes it hard and rough you know.

There is a price to pay for pushing a lane, but if you know what you are doing you will find a way to profit.

Quote:
Late game, she tears the ADC only it seems, but has good mana control.
this is the primary role of an assassin and a secondary role of burst mages. The ability to shut down major sources of damage because they aren't building tanky will, in the worst case scenario, force them to build more tanky. When this happens you have, in a sense, crippled them. Faceroll and continue to support your team. Build against enemy squishies. Build against nonsquishies only as a utility mage. Do not build against tanky dps or really do anything ever purely for the sake of using your kdr to make your junk seem bigger. Ahri is not the champ for that.

Quote:
I dunno, am I playing her wrong?
I don't know what your doing. You probably are. Its not uncommon. Every ahri I've seen recently had some qwirk about them that gave me advantages. Luckily for them they were playing ahri and are not so easily defeated by the qwirks of the summoner. Ahri scales with summoner skill. You can go into lane at level one with 0AP and still play a good game. That's how flexible she is. Yes, ahri is quite the flexible fox.

Orîon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzing View Post
1. katarina sucks ass

2. ahri's charm totally ruins katarina's entire kit.

3. ahri is better than katarina

4. katarina sucks ass

5. katarina sucks ass

CamaHa

11-24-2012

Ah $#!7... u just have to awaken all those ahri fan club wierdos with this thread huh?

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzing View Post
ahri counters none and is countered by none.

Look at kats abilities.

Q- hits 4 targets
W- AoE
E- brings you to a target and does the only single target damage she can do
R- this is for killing enemies.

kat is built for harrassing and outsustaining mids not outfarming them or controling the lane.

If kat wants to push, ahri can push harder, not that ahri needs to. Kat has no escapes and ahri does. If ahri pushes back she has power advantage since her Qs damage has no diminishing returns. Kat has to put herself in danger to push hard enough to stop the lane from reaching her tower. Even then ahri has more push power and can safely unfreeze the lane or escape if ganked. If ahri doesnt push but instead freezes the lane, kat must endanger herself under a tower or attack 4 targets giving ahri the freedom to push lightly without concequence. In anycase, ahri can go back to base and get some items in a timely manner. Kat can stay in lane and farm and gain level advantage if she likes but she is not a mage and will not get far simply by leveling unlike ahri who can. Also item advantage is a ****. Kat will need to do something to keep herself from getting steamrolled by a refreshed ahri with new items. Even if you leave lane with kat pushed up to your tower kat is still the one at a disadvantage regardless of wether or not the tower falls. Again, she is a melee champ with unreliable escapes who honestly can't push all that hard.

If kat wants to freeze her lane then good luck to her. Ahri has good autoattack range and honestly a single charm at a minion can ruin that from a safe range.

If she wants to spend the entire laning phase harrassing ahri, she probably will fall behind in cs. Also she has no sustain while ahri has fairly good sustain. Even if she trades with ahri she can't afford to let up for long. If she tries to kill ahri she has to go all in or gtfo and stop wasting time.

In teamfights ahri can charm her out of her ult or just burst her down way too fast for her ult to matter much. If worst comes to worst ahri can just ult out and come back in or keep going.

Even if kat is godly at dodging skillshots, ahri's level 1 Q is enough to control the lane better than katarina and to harrass katarina. Ahri can level W against katarina and just combo it with her R for quick burst and escape. During ahri's ult, kat's ult is more or less useless against her even if you shunpo into it.

During teamfights, ahri can act as a mage or assassin. She's better at the latter and isn't limited to targeting 1 - 3 targets. She also has scaling true damage and can always find something useful to do. Kat can't do this. She can go hybrid or something. Maybe go AD. Kat has her gimicks but none that can really match scaling 850 range AoE true damage linear skillshot on a stupidly short cooldown with no diminishing returns and instant damage delivery.

There's probably more too, but I think this is enough to get people thinking