I've pretty much given up on LoL.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

11-28-2012

Huh. So that's what that thing in my eyes is called. TIL something new about myself! Lulu guy, you should go be teacher.

If anyone is curious about this condition, close your eyes and put pressure on your eyeballs with your hands. I believe that will get you lovely approximation of what this can look like (at least before the other wonky color formations come).

Blind Lulu

03-07-2013

I guess I figured I might as well bump this thread instead of making a new one about this problem.

So pretty much this condition has never gotten better for me. I have to do concentration exercises any time before I play and while I'm playing I have to constantly use willpower to keep my eyes from going out of focus, but even then I have moments where I have a lapse in this focus.

Lately it feels like I've gotten much thinner skin about people harassing me and whenever it happens it's like my ability to concentrate just shuts down and it becomes very difficult for me to keep myself from focusing on the static that I always see. I guess I've played this game enough where I have become somewhat addicted to it but every time I log in I just end up staring at the play button for several minutes and then give up and log back out.

Ultimately there's nothing more I can really do about my vision. It will be a problem that will follow me for the rest of my life. What I can do is maybe find a way to learn how to deal with harassment, but it always ends up wearing me down over time.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Man i feel you, no seriously i feel you, i can't feel you entirely because my untreatable condition isn't on my eyes, so that i don't have those frustrating can't see moments, but i can feel you because i myself am hyperacusic and even though it doesn't oconstantly interrupt my gaming experience it can interurpt it many tims and so many thing sof my real life as i guess it happens to you, the moment they tell you, that condition or any particular condition for the amtter doesn't have any treatment you feel like you die a little inside so this is my tip, it sure is frustrating but we should be strong make ammends with it at the moment and hope that in the near future medicine will make a great advancement in which it will be able to treat those conditions.

SuperQuackDuck

03-07-2013

If people are harassing you even after they find out you have a condition that is out of your control, they are jerks and deserve to be ignored and blocked. I for one wont stand for it and neither should you.

You are welcome to play with us in inhouses any time. And if anyone who harasses you even after knowing of your condition, i will be the first to put them on my ignore list.

SirLucious LftFt

03-07-2013

Well your obviously much better then me because i have never seen you in a game nor the high elo'ers that have responded. I woudlnt worry about your condition when it comes to LoL too much. You obviously have somthing about you that makes up for it, since there are plenty of people who are leagues lower then you in elo/mmr while having no eye condition.

In my experiances in life everyones deficiencies either cause them or allow them to gain an equally as strong skill.

edit- after posting i remembered the angels pitcher zack Greinke(2009 AL cy young winner) who has social anxiety disorder and depression and is one of the best pitchers in major league baseball. Completely unrelated problem but it just goes to show that people get through lifelong challenges even at the complete pinnicale of proffesional sports. There were probably plenty of people who trolled the hell out of him as he was fighting to go pro. (Imagine being the catcher for someone who did'nt even want to talk to you) But he had more then enough upsides to make up for any problems that he had.