I've pretty much given up on LoL.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Played with you, been a pleasure. I don't want to sound insensitive and say get better soon, but the good meaning behind it still stands...get well

Damieh

11-26-2012

Damn man. This is really sad. I honestly hope you find a way to reduce your symptoms. If you like the game, please come back some day!

Best of luck

Blind Lulu

11-26-2012

So I had some time to think about this with a more clear mind. I pretty much had a breakdown over this visual snow issue and convinced myself that with the way my frustration with it has been increasing that I would never be able to enjoy this game anymore. I've been recommended some visual concentration exercises to possibly help with being able to keep my focus away from the static in my vision.

One of my biggest problems related to this game is the feeling I get when I lose a match. I can't help but feel like this problem causes me to hinder my teams chances for success. In the end I know that I should be playing this game to have fun and that losing is just a part of the game, but it's still a feeling that's hard to shake.

I want to thank you all for your encouraging posts. It honestly helped me feel a lot better venting this to people who actually cared.

Also I noticed you guys had problems with the link I posted. I guess that site doesn't allow hotlinking so here is a working link: http://i.imgur.com/RM6nn.gif

Genolicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

I know I'm late to the party, but It's always sad to see one less cupcake-making Lulu player leave. ='[

If anything, try reaching out to players you see often and generally seem to make smart decisions. "Smart" is obviously subjective, but players who have playstyles similar to yours often work well in a group.

I've personally found it pretty easy to reach out to a lot of different players, and if you upgrade to premades with some voice program, the frustration feeling fades away, replaced with group learning, understanding, and a lot more coordination that can make games run a lot smoother, at least with less of that helpless feeling. (Completely understand that feeling.)

Hope this helps! ^_^

Damieh

11-27-2012

It's great and kind of inspiring that you are trying to not give up even with these severe symptoms.

I, too, suffer from a permanent condition: Heavy migranes: Permanent headaches (the types that make you wanna cut your head off). Unlike you, around 2 times a week I don't have symptoms. What I want to say with this is: even though having migranes the first years compromised my concentration and thinking, now I'm in a point when I can almost think and concentrate the same way when I have the pain and when I don't (the difference between you and me is that I can experiment the difference).

Hopefully, the same thing will happen to you. Perhaps you're there even now. If people remember you as the lulu guy, then you most likely weren't a nuisance but the other way around. Which means... It's all in your head. You're not a nuisance for your team: you are probably FEELING that you're a nuisance but that's it. **Having your condition makes you sad and hence makes you think things like that which most of the time are not true**.

It's really horrible to suffer from a condition like this, and I can really understand your venting and all. Hopefully you won't give up, because if you're like me, you will start giving up LoL, and then start to give up other things (like college), because they will "lose meaning". Don't. And If you do, come back like you're doing now!

I really wish you luck man, and hopefully we'll meet on DominateDominion some time =)

The Bitterness

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumduk View Post
That sucks dude, but I'm guessing you posted this to every sub-forum. It has nothing to do with Dominion. I'm not clicking that link...

Hope your life without LoL is an improvement.
Five downvotes?

Seriously, what was so wrong with this post that it was downvoted even once? The poster wasn't even rude, let alone cruel. The only thing that can be considered 'not PC' was saying that they weren't going to click the link, however when that's put in context with the entire post it just says 'I'm not interested in your condition, but I can feel for you man and I'm sorry. I hope not playing LoL makes your life better.'

Glumduk isn't on my friends list and I don't know them...I just don't get how their response got downvoted when they were polite.

Blind Lulu

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bitterness View Post
Five downvotes?

Seriously, what was so wrong with this post that it was downvoted even once? The poster wasn't even rude, let alone cruel. The only thing that can be considered 'not PC' was saying that they weren't going to click the link, however when that's put in context with the entire post it just says 'I'm not interested in your condition, but I can feel for you man and I'm sorry. I hope not playing LoL makes your life better.'

Glumduk isn't on my friends list and I don't know them...I just don't get how their response got downvoted when they were polite.
I'm inclined to agree. If Glumduk never saw me in this gamemode then it would be safe for him to assume I probably just posted this wherever since I didn't mention Dominion in the first post.

BuddhaRice

11-27-2012

Was always fun playing with you, bud!

A12MO12

11-27-2012

your scumbag lulu bot lane was fun to lane against.

Chavez Obama

11-27-2012

If you wanted to win every game of blind pick, you would pick Kassadin every game. But that probably wouldn't be fun.

If you wanted to do well in a draft mode game, you would practice champs that are very strong but not able to be always banned. But that isn't always fun.

Why do I say these things? Because winning isn't necessarily everything, unless you make it so. You probably already know this. But knowing something and living like something are different. And it can be hard to change your habits. Nonetheless, it is ultimately up to you. Everyone is very different. I'm sure I or many others could give you all sorts of advice, (some would be helpful, other parts not so) but it would a good exercise for you to work this out yourself.

I have suffered from health conditions, so I understand your plight. I don't understand the extent of your illness, so I can't say I can completely empathize, but I do sympathize with you.

Don't let your illness ruin your enjoyment of the game (I assume it is still enjoyable). Take a break if you need to. If it REALLY isn't enjoyable, then don't play it (games like this should be fun).

Cordially,