Can't Download LoL for Windows 8

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaNkSpAdE

11-24-2012

I just got a new laptop with windows 8 and am wanting to download LoL for it I get to the part in the downloading process where it says "Starting Pando Media Booster" and once that blue bar has reached the end I get hit with this error message

Your system is currently not allowing access to our servers. Check your Firewall and / or security software settings to allow PMB.exe to run.

I don't know much about windows 8 and was wondering if someone who knew their way around it could help me fix this problem the help would be greatly appreciated!!

TheJohns

11-24-2012

>windows 8

Well, there's your problem.

Kanubai

11-24-2012

every second release of windows is of poor quality. dont get 8.

Devack The Holy

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNkSpAdE View Post
I just got a new laptop with windows 8 and am wanting to download LoL for it I get to the part in the downloading process where it says "Starting Pando Media Booster" and once that blue bar has reached the end I get hit with this error message

Your system is currently not allowing access to our servers. Check your Firewall and / or security software settings to allow PMB.exe to run.

I don't know much about windows 8 and was wondering if someone who knew their way around it could help me fix this problem the help would be greatly appreciated!!
I'll probably get warned for this, but seek out a torrent of an already downloaded version. This skips the downloading phase and in most cases, it helps immensely. This is the method I used with my old Vista laptop after it wiped my hard drive, and I even decided to back up the game's folder.

Or you can copy the C:/Riot Games folder from the old machine to the new machine, it works just as well.

ChaosDarkness7

11-29-2013

I tested out to download for lol because I got a new laptop and it was windows 8. LOL does work with windows8.

The SkyBorne

11-29-2013

It works with windows 8, just go to your security software and change permissions so LoL can go through

Edit:wait....this is last years thread... goddamn necros

Onimallar

11-29-2013

LoL works fine on windows 8, you just need to change your filewall/security settings to allow it. Windows 8 isn't a bad OS. It's a different OS.

I have it running on my Home PC, Laptop and tablet, with my home server on 2012 (which has metro UI). Works amazing. (and LoL runs on them all). Heck I have LoL running on my surface tablet.

@Riot - when are you going to get touch screen interfaces working?

Zuphlas

11-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SkyBorne View Post
It works with windows 8, just go to your security software and change permissions so LoL can go through
^

And don't forget to uninstall pando media booster when the install finishes.