ADC and runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lilstrongbad

11-24-2012

I need help with my runes when I play adc. When I play adc, I always use full crit runes, 20% crit at level 1. I don't know if I should keep using this or not. I've seen a lot of different rune pages and I've never seen the crit one once. So I'm guessing mine isn't that good. I would like to see some opinions about runes for ADC.

Amatzikahni

11-24-2012

Crit is worthless until you have around 120 AD in terms of cost effectiveness. You should have about 0% crit at 120 AD and 100% at 250 AD. Those exact numbers aren't possible without some super perfect mastery/rune page and the perfect items, but getting near them will give your autos maximum DPS (abilities not calculated).

But aside from cost effectiveness, you need to be able to last hit effectively. By having lower AD, you're lessening your margin for error and lowering your earlygame sustained DPS when in a confrontation.

The current AD page is pretty universal with AD Marks/Quints, Armor Seals, and MR Glyphs. If you're against a passive lane or one that doesn't use much magic, then MR/18 Glyphs might be better.

Patyfatycake

11-24-2012

My advise is

Flat attack damage marks/Flat armour seals/Scaling magic resist/Flat AD quints

(Flat = same at all levels)
(Scaling = Gets higher at higher levels)

JJ Unbreakable

11-24-2012

Most people are getting Flat (not per level) Attack Damage Marks/Quints.

I like armor pen marks/quints but it gives up the early game advantage (which is really important).

I'm now thinking about a mix of both. Maybe armor pen marks and Flat AD Quints or vice versa.

But if you just get flat AD you'll definitely be better off than crit runes.

lastchancexi

11-24-2012

Armor Pen Reds/Quints will probably (read: definitely) be better in S3.

But yeah, Crit chance runes are terrible because crit is useless early, and Runes are definitely the strongest early game, because late game, you have so much more gold that each additional stat is worth way less.

Amatzikahni

11-25-2012

Actually, ARP and MP will be scaled back because they'll be applied after percentage reductions, so the current ~31 ARP you can get at level 1 due to Marks/Quints and Masteries will become something closer to ~18 ARP. ARP and MP will be weaker early game (where, right now, they're strongest), so they'll have even less of an effect in S3 on the early game. Despite those figures, ARP is just lackluster on an ADC for the early game right now; it's better in the jungle or on certain top champs.