Would you play Horde mode

Yes 4 80.00%
No 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Horde Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSilentDark

11-24-2012

So I made a thread a few days ago talking about different custom game ideas I had. Most people who commented seemed to like the Idea of a horde mode, where minions, and neutral monsters keep spawning in waves and you defend for as long as you can against them.

High scores could be posted on a leaderboard somewhere to compete against people, and friends.

I would appreciate it if you would answer the poll attached to this thread

Special thanks to BuSHiD0 for helping to refine and clarify the idea

Gradunk

11-25-2012

Would it be a solo kind of map? if so everyone would just use a select few champs with lots of cheap aoe. singed would dominate for this. it would be super boring i think.

Crapsdivine

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradunk View Post
Would it be a solo kind of map? if so everyone would just use a select few champs with lots of cheap aoe. singed would dominate for this. it would be super boring i think.
Wouldn't singed run out of mana?
+ Once you reached a certain level of items, you would be unkillable.
Yi with 3BT and tiamats.
That would get boring

The5lacker

11-25-2012

The appeal of LoL isn't in the murdering of the creeps. That's easy. The appeal is in pitting your own intelligence and skill against other people. Just having a creep fest might be cathartic, but I can't see any lasting appeal.

Cyborg Scorpion

11-25-2012

There should be a time limit, and a nexus. The waves get progressively larger as the time goes on. there are two teams purple and blue, but the champs work together to keep the nexus alive. the point of the teams is at the end, whichever team got the most points wins, and receives more IP (assigned values for certain accomplishments and general creep killing) as there would be neutral monsters, there would also be boss fights like multiple dragons, or ebonmaws from the old twisted treeline. there would also be multiple items like archangel's staff, rab's, sunfire cape, wriggle's lantern and maybe even thornmail that are unavailable in the shop along with some of the new items from the TT and perhaps a few new items as well. the map would be mostly jungle, and sight wards would cost a lot more, to add to the difficulty.

Mortalvis

11-25-2012

It could be a good deal, though I think it would be best as a Co-Op vs AI - Only map (since that is essentially what it is, just with no enemy players)

I can see people on a losing streak playing this just to ease their frustration :P

TheSilentDark

11-28-2012

Cyborg Scorpion has the closest idea to my own that I've seen. Some items wouldn't be purchasable because of their ability to overwhelm creeps. However even if people to become "unkillable" the enemies would not only be better creeps like dragons, but their base stats could increase each wave aswell.