[Solo Q Secrets #007] Clash Of The Titans’ … Personalities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ryzeonline

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelerator View Post
Wow i really enjoyed reading your guides. If people take the time to read it with an open mind I'm sure it will help many others to play the game better.
Thanks so much for this, Xcelerator!

This guide gets views, sure, but I especially love it when someone speaks up and lets me know that it helped them or they benefitted from it.

Uplifting a community is a series of steps

Shadow Wolf 47

12-01-2012

Tent - camping -weirdo is back! Another great read. Seriously man, when's the book coming?
*impatient sigh*

ryzeonline

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 47 View Post
Tent - camping -weirdo is back! Another great read. Seriously man, when's the book coming?
*impatient sigh*
Hahaha! Shadow! Awesome man, lol. Lovin' the enthusiasm Not sure when the book's gonna drop, but for now I'd be honored to play a game or two with ya

Cheap0

12-02-2012

I had a game where I really felt this last night. Same thing too, my Taric was hyper-aggressive and I wanted to be more passive and focus on farming. We ended up losing the lane pretty hard because we were giving out kills to their jungler like candy.

I also had the same problem with a duo queue buddy who ended up de-friending me. He liked to play AD very aggressively, diving for kills and such while I preferred a more passive/counter-aggressive style with Janna. We probably shouldn't have been duo queuing in the first place.

I've heard it said that the support is the one who wins or loses bot lane, and I tend to agree with that honestly (assuming two AD's of about equal skill). The support is responsible for making the plays and assuring the lane's safety. I think that in a solo queue bot lane situation, the AD needs to be the one responding to the support's lead. A Graves can sit back and farm fine, even if it's not ideal for the way he's designed, but if this passive Graves is forcing his support Leona to do the same, that lane is pretty much guaranteed to lose. Basically, it's much harder to make a support champion conform to a style their kit is not suited for than it is for an AD to do the same, though there are some supports that are more flexible in this regard and probably better suited for solo queue, like Taric, Alistar, or Sona.

ryzeonline

12-07-2012

Cheapo! I'm glad to hear some of what I've shared "clicking" for you.

What you said up front, "we probably shouldn't have been duo queuing in the first place" is spot on. There's all different types of people in the world, some make great partners and really click, some not so much.

No point forcing it, and recognizing it for what it is is key.

As for your thoughts on AD/Support as lead, you may have a point, but I feel either can lead -- the problem comes only when both wanna lead or both wanna follow

My solution has been to recognize what my teammate likes to do as fast as possible and adapt to that, or declare what I like to do very clearly, so that THEY can adapt.

Keep ryzin'!

DashOfLoyalty

12-26-2012

This whole series has a folder in my LoL guides folder. Any chance on making any more?

Guy on a bus

12-26-2012

I think you pretty much covered everything, good job. My playstyle is adaption. That's how I do well and how I succeed. I do some mentoring from time to time to help players who need obvious improvement but mostly it's adaption. I can play any lane well and usually succeed. I can have a little trouble in mid though. I tend to get either lane-switched then countered because I have harassed mid out or they simply counter me hard.

I don't stick to a main champ, I can play just about any champion you can name effectively save for the newest champs to come out. That will soon change though.

Nhan Fiction

01-12-2013

ryzeonline

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy on a bus View Post

I don't stick to a main champ, I can play just about any champion you can name effectively save for the newest champs to come out. That will soon change though.
@NinjaChopsticks: I'm feelin' the love, Ninja. Thanks! I've considered making more (I could talk about this stuff for ages), and even making another book (somewhere on the net is floating my League Of Legends: The One-Dollar Guide).

Right now I'm focused on other projects, but stay tuned!

@Guy On A Bus: Adaptation is a VERY powerful method, but its not super-common. It's also one that can "combine" with the other playstyles. Either way, good for you!

@Nhan Fiction: Thanks for the bump man!

LarcyBrown

01-13-2013

you need to be actually good at the game to fully adapt to the playstyle of someone else.
communication is key in this.
Also the lower elo you are , normals or ranked, the more smart aggresion wins vs any type of safe or defensive gameplay.

One thing i would like you to possibly add to this is when smart aggresion worked once or twice,
VERY CLEAR communication is needed for greed not too happen and make a huge throw bot lane.
seen it done too many times.