extreme lag using Windows 8 (latency, not FPS)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OogityBoogityB00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

I just recently installed windows 8 and when ever the LoL launcher is up, I have extremmmmmmme lag, and it carries into the first 1-2 minutes of every game.

I used windows 7 for a couple of years and I have been playing LoL for around 18 months. I have never had this problem until I installed windows 8.

Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?

Note - It is NOT FPS lag, i stay around 120 fps and it never skips a beat. I am having a delay in casting spells, buying items, moving.... ect ect (FPS lag and Latency lag is not the same thing).

OogityBoogityB00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

anyone have any idea?

Boagster

11-24-2012

When did you install Windows 8? It seems at least a few people are experiencing serious lag since the Season 3 pre-season patch. Perhaps your Windows 8 install coincided with the patch and it just seems Windows 8 is to blame?

Javacup

11-24-2012

Did you remember to remove pando media booster?

blackjellyman

11-24-2012

your first problem was installing windows 8 it is garbage. But back to your problem. make sure you have windows 8 and not windows RT they look exactly the same but windows RT has no backward compatibility with all the other applications that would run on older versions of windows. As well windows 8 at the moment to can not run some applications that you could previously run on other windows for example LOL may not run to it's optimal potential

btch plss

01-09-2013

I bout a new laptop and its windows 8 every 1-2 mins lag I tried to fix it but I cant the fps is 60 but it always telling me attending to reconnect,,,, anyone know how to fix it???

btch plss

01-09-2013

help anyone