Worst computer that can run LoL?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StaticFrog

10-10-2010

512mb RAM
RADEON x300 se 128mb HyperMemory
Running windows xp service pack 2.
I run on lowest graphics, long load time, long time to close game. I play with sounds off and winamp on since it increases my fps. I play with 30fps with occasional lag.

Cfuson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

Windows XP
1.1 GHz Processor
512 DDR1 Ram
Geforce 5200 video card
5-13 FPS in game
4 min load time.

Yes i can play on this and i got a new night shift job so hopefully ill be able to upgrade my comp.

Dumb Kitten

10-10-2010

My six year old eMachines M6811:

Windows XP 32 bit
AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3400+ 2.21 GHz
1.25 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 64MB

I play with 20-25 fps, but it drops lower during team ifghts. I have to set the client's process priority to low and run it with lowest graphic settings possible(but with sound on thankfully).

Asymptote

Associate Engineer

10-11-2010
9 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsCollective View Post
I probably wont win at this because Id seen "worse" computers on the replies, but my "gameplay" at this point with my computer is pretty much the same or worse than the rest here.

Since Miss Fortune patch (or one around it) I went from being able to play a stable 25-30 fps to max 15 FPS with NO sound (disabled all sounds), "stable" 9-12 and sometimes if Im really unlucky and play vs an aoe team, I go down to 02-04 FPS in teamfights, which basically means my screen freezes entirely until the fight is over or Im dead.

Here's my shot at my Laptop's specs, but as I said it only started happening after MF patch (also to my brothers who have similar laptops):

As I previously stated, I have no idea what happened after that patch but I can only play disabling all sounds and I still get very low FPS usage, and Im running at the lowest (very low) mode on all the settings and no shadows, etc.

PS: On another note who may or may not be related to this, my PVP.net client is also extremely bugged since a patch near MF's (or maybe that one too), like I cant chat with anyone on any circumstance because if I write anything, it takes like 1-3 minutes to be sent and by that time it is usually too late to even attemp to follow up a conversation, and everything just seems to be extremely slow, I can only change masteries/runes before matches so solo queue is hell for me because the client is so lagged that I cant change masteries/runes on the champion select screen, so goodbye "take what the team needs" for me.

I hope this gets fixed or someone tells me a solution because it is really annoying even tho we (me and my brothers) have kind of "got used to it" it is still very annoying and limits our gameplay a lot.

Cheers.
These are related problems. I'll look into the changes that were made around the MF patch and see what could be causing so much lag in the client. Certain computer specs (most likely your OS or your video card) may be sensitive to lag and performance issues on the platform.

Osirris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

inspiron e5105

Retrovertigo

10-11-2010

Processor: AMD 3200+... approx 2.0ghz
Ram: 2.00GB pc3200
Video: Geforce 6800gt (been getting screen tearing in LoL lately so I think the newer drivers are bad for it.)

Voracious Eater

10-11-2010

I run a FAN beside my laptop

Poochy

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asymptote View Post
I would like to find out who here is running LoL on the worst computer. lol As funny as it sounds, this information will be extremely useful for us to make improvements on the platform and in-game performances - particularly the FPS issues.
If you think you have the WORST computer, please post your specs here! If you would like to attach your dxdiag file after you finish a game, that'll also be helpful.
i know im not anymore but your the first one ive seen with a kat avatar =D

Asymptote

Associate Engineer

10-11-2010
10 of 10 Riot Posts

The MF patch included a switch to Air 2.0, so that is whats causing the lag. Currently there is no solution for reducing lag on the platform, however, if you manually end the lolclient.exe (via task manager) after your game starts, you can reduce in-game lag. But this will result in not being able to get to the score screen post game - so not a real fix :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochy725 View Post
i know im not anymore but your the first one ive seen with a kat avatar =D
I wanted either Cho or Kogmaw but they were all taken!

aymanh

10-11-2010

Ram: 1 GB
Graphic card : 256 mb
CPU : 2.50 hz

Dell INSPIRON 6400

Fps 0-30
all very low

Work fine,