i keep losing a lot of ranked games-need advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EraOfRageQuits

11-23-2012

So it's my first time playing ranked games and i've been doing pretty good my first 4 games. After that it was a nightmare. im now 6 wins and 14 losses. no matter what role, it always seems the other team has better cordination than my team. Yesutrday we even lost a 5v4 because my team has no cordination. We could've easily gotten baron when 1 of the enemy player was down, but our nasus decided to 1v3 the remaining players costing us baron. I always seem to get teamed up with these players although i admit half the time it was my fault we lost. I'm now at 1003 elo which is pretty bad and the urge to try to even out my win/loss record keeps resulting in more losses. Is this normal to lose a lot of games when u first try ranked?

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-23-2012

even experienced players this happens to. nothing you need to worry about, only so many can be in gold, not everyone can be there. there has to be people to fill the lower tiers of the latter in order for their to be higher tiers. be content. take in mind 4 partners and 5 enemies means alot of factors involved, and alot of elo is luck combined with skill/knowledge/strategy. But you can be very knowledgeable/skilled/strategic but be unlucky.

TehomCD

11-23-2012

It happens - you'll have games that your teammates will badly throw no matter how well you play, and some games that no matter how miserably you play the enemy team will do worse or your own teammates will carry you. The best thing to do is just focus on improving your mechanics (last hitting, aiming skillshots, tactical tricks like juking and when/where to ambush people), and overall strategy (knowing where to be, what champs to pick in what team comp, counterpicks, etc), and you'll rise over time. Also, don't feel that bad about being 1k Elo. I have friends who are around there, and the difference in mechanical skill between that and 1400 isn't all that huge; it's mostly just not knowing a lot of game minutiae about picks/counterpicks and making a few more mistakes about where to be at a given time in the game.

One thing that might help is a truism I've heard before - it's better for five people to do a suboptimal thing than for one person to try to do the best play at the time. It may be smarter to force baron than to try siege a tower your team may not be able to take, but if your team isn't interested in doing the smart thing, just stay grouped up and hope things work out anyway.

BrendanEarth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

in general, you are the deciding factor for at least 80% of the games. Don't focus on how bad your team is, or blaming it on luck. Focus on how you can improve, as you can't change your teammates. In general, make sure you have a positive attitude and playing champions you know how to play and you'll find winning solo queue is very very easy. You'll be surprised that attitude is much more important than skill level in solo queue

UFO Smurf

11-23-2012

Well in my opinion you need to play more normal games, no offence, but you're feeding considerably in your loss and in ranked games especially if you are playing carry position dying will lose the game.

EraOfRageQuits

11-23-2012

ugh i dont get how when the other team has one bad player who feeds, they still end up winning..when Ihave one player who ends up feeding, its a landslide win for the other team. like the game b4, kassadin was like 2/9 and our team was doing decent, they still end up winning -.- and one other game, i had 13 kills and totally destroyed bot lane, they still end up winning