Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Visual Upgrade] NIDALEE discussion (+pics)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenCat

11-23-2012

I would really like to hear what everyone thinks about Nidalees visual upgrade.

Since we only got a basic preview, I posted some comparison pictures.
[Old Left / New Right]
(keep in mind that these are model viewer pics so they are buggy and do not necessarily represent final product that's going to be released)

I'll start by mentioning stuff I like and don't like. (taste is a very subjective thing, so I'd really like to hear other opinions as well)

The Good:
-models are really detailed now and Riot has done excellent work
-every skin has some unique features (spear details for example)
-Bewitched now has bat particles instead of leaves <3
-Snow Bunny cat colors look much better than before
-no more triangle feet
-animations are great

The Bad:
- intensely dislike the new FACE model used in all skins, personally I feel that old face (even tho it's lower resolution) looks more seductive and predatory at the same time
-old Bewitching proportions seem better than the new one
-Bewitching boots seem badly modeled compared to old ones
-Pharaoh Nidalee now has huge clunky metal boots ?! :/
-Pharaoh face and hair looked better before (pics have white-pixel bug)
-Snow Bunny Nidalee is now red instead of our beloved hot-Pink! :/ (Why the change? give us back pink plz! And pink boots too.)
-Leopard Nidalee now has brown hair instead of fun fiery orange we had before (also truly unnecessary change)
-edit: also, how come Snow Bunny is white(caucasian) now? :S

In any case, I think this is a fantastic rework with only a few painful details that I feel need fixing before release.
My biggest problem is not the graphic upgrade, but some pretty drastic changes to skin colors or model features that we love. To the point where it's not just an innocent graphic "upgrade", but "reimagining" the essence of that skin.
Other than that, I like it.

What do you guys think? Likes/dislikes?

-edit-
Got a Red response (in the official Nidalee feedback thread) Snow Bunny will be made more Pink as it was before. yay <3
You can post your feedback there as well.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31765594#31765594

-edit 2-
Nidalee model is reverted to her old (original) version on PBE, while they continue tweaking and fixing "new" models.
Which is great.
Thanks for listening, Riot.

-edit 3-
According to the new Nidalee Spotlight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZjRgm4mF_U), not much was changed based on player feedback. :/
Let's hope these are models from an earlier build.
Otherwise it would be very disappointing that after tons of player feedback, screenshots and explanation - nothing was changed.

-edit 4-
Well, the patch came thru'. Nothing has been changed based on PBE feedback (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2805181) or feedback in this thread.

-edit 5-
Apparently, changes were made, just didn't make it into this patch. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32427860#32427860)
Nidalee upgrade is turning into an emotional rollercoaster. xD

In any case, thanks for the red post and the explanation. Looking forward to the next patch.

Kelhan

11-23-2012

I'm really disappointed with Pharaoh Nidalee. The original skin seems a lot better, her cat form didn't change a lot and those boots?

I dunno, I'm not that happy about the change. He new original cougar form is amazing, but this skin is... lacking.

DaedricChampion

11-23-2012

i just wanna see the splashes, still pharoah could've been redone better than that. colors in her look too dull. Don't like the stuff they added over her feet for the classic, leopard, snow bunny skins but it still beats triangles.

steeben

Recruiter

11-23-2012

They ruined her face.

It looks really ugly now.

That's my only real complaint, but there are some changes that look worse though, like I think the new Bewitched Nidalee looks overall worse than the old one.

Lord Poet

11-23-2012

I completely agree with the OP. It goes without saying the absence of the "triangle feet" is a vast improvement and the greater detail and polygon count is nice.

However, now that I can see the art side by side, crucify me if you'd like, but I find I like the original Nidalee's face much more than the "upgraded" version. There was just something utterly unique about the original face, something Nidalee-esque, a certain je ne sais quoi, that marked her as Nidalee while looking pretty darn nice to boot. The new face looks terribly generic like every other cookie-cutter girl face in the game. Riot could literally have used this head on any of the other female champs, and it wouldn't have made any difference.

I wish they had kept the original face structure and such, and just upgraded the polygon count and detail.

Kelhan

11-23-2012

So true, her new chubby face on Pharaoh is atrocious. And the only positive change with Bewitching Nidalee is her spear. The old model was 10 times better.

Pekin Woof

11-23-2012

Bewitched nid looks wayyyy too short imo...

Probably Quinn

11-23-2012

;-;
That face
Its staring at me
I can't look away
Help me
Help
Guys?
Guys..

ABRADOLF LINCL3R

11-23-2012

She doesn't have an exotic look to her anymore. She looks like a normal girl to me. I really am upset about what they did to her bewitching skin. I love that skin so much and love playing her in her little witch outfit but the new version looks like it's dull in comparison to the old one. The old one was much more vibrant and overall looks better.... sad day for Nid

Draznath

11-23-2012

Never knew her feer were THAT triangular before lol