Refund option reset

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fozza

11-23-2012

Hey all, firstly I've read some forums posts saying things like "Riot should reset the 3 refunds we get every 3 months" and "Riot should give you +1 Refund every year". Though both of those may be good or bad ideas depending on how you see it, it is a business so there obviously cannot be too much leniency with the refunds.

As far as I'm aware right now, Each summoner account gets 3 Refunds to last them for ever. I honestly think, that Riot should entitle every account to 3 Refunds PER Season. The Refunds cannot go above 3 if you do not use your 3 at all, and is merely "refreshing" the usage.

You may be thinking that's ridiculous, pointless, etc. However each season goes for about 1-1.5 years, and 3 Refunds per season Isn't necessarily generous, but it certainly is realistic and fair. I just want to get opinions on this, because in my situation I've spent my Riot points on things that I later regret, and have already used 2 of my 3 refunds for the right reasons.

We've already spent the money on the Riot Points, refunding our purchases does not affect Riot fiscally at all. It is merely management on our already purchased in-game currency, so refunding just means we get to re-think how we spend our RP, not us taking our money back from Riot.

Iustis

11-23-2012

I like the idea of it and agree it cannot happen too often.

Demonheim

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FozIsTheBest View Post
Hey all, firstly I've read some forums posts saying things like "Riot should reset the 3 refunds we get every 3 months" and "Riot should give you +1 Refund every year". Though both of those may be good or bad ideas depending on how you see it, it is a business so there obviously cannot be too much leniency with the refunds.

As far as I'm aware right now, Each summoner account gets 3 Refunds to last them for ever. I honestly think, that Riot should entitle every account to 3 Refunds PER Season. The Refunds cannot go above 3 if you do not use your 3 at all, and is merely "refreshing" the usage.

You may be thinking that's ridiculous, pointless, etc. However each season goes for about 1-1.5 years, and 3 Refunds per season Isn't necessarily generous, but it certainly is realistic and fair. I just want to get opinions on this, because in my situation I've spent my Riot points on things that I later regret, and have already used 2 of my 3 refunds for the right reasons.

We've already spent the money on the Riot Points, refunding our purchases does not affect Riot fiscally at all. It is merely management on our already purchased in-game currency, so refunding just means we get to re-think how we spend our RP, not us taking our money back from Riot.

wouldnt really matter, if by using a refund your getting back your rp...which you already paid for, however if by refunding IP it really doesnt matter either, ip is free.

Ancar

03-24-2013

How does it not affect them fiscally?

If a player refunds a RP purchase, they get to reuse those RP. If they cannot refund, that player must spend more money to acquire RP.

They are not losing their previous sale, but they are failing to capture a future sale. Same difference to a business.

Anna Rexia

03-24-2013

I would like to see maybe a Refund Token for special events/Special Riot-related holidays.

Basically League's Birthday, and maybe "Tryndamere's" personal Birthday.

If Riot Games wins a nomination in an awards ceremony, or if League itself wins an award at an event.

Small things to reward the community for their dedication.

Hell, maybe even "If you buy/bought this many Riot points, you get a Refund Token."

I'd even settle for "Buy a Refund Token, but you can only use it on things equal to or lesser than a certain amount of RP/IP"

domthemom

08-29-2013

After 3, they should let you refund for 75% of your purchase or something like that. If you get all your money back you can just play 1 person for a while, then get bored and move on. if you only get back a percentage, then riot still gets money for that purchase and you get a refund. Win win situation.