Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.4%
50% off rune pages 3102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 18441 .

Player Choice January Sales Event

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EminentFate

11-23-2012

option 4 doesn't include legendary skins right?

AttackBacon

11-23-2012

The only special request I would put in Hippalus would be for Tribal Sivir to show up outside of the Gamer's Choice bundle. I really like that skin but when the bundle hit I already owned everything in it. If it showed up in this sale that would be awesome! Either way, keep up the good work

Blaziruku

11-23-2012

Hey Hippalus, what about the case with Pulsefire Ezreal? His price is ridiculous and is waaay too high for anyone with reason to buy (aronud $30+!). Would it not be reasonable to have him at least on legendary status price (1800) at least? It's quite unfair to price a skin so high just because he has only a changing model and a theme/icon that don't do much.

Emailsupport007

11-23-2012

any chance you can add champions to the sale?

Kajra

11-23-2012

Damn it, I wanted Pumpkin Head Fiddlesticks. That was literally the whole reason I started playing league but when I started that skin was already long gone. My biggest sad moment of league ; ;

Oh well, at least with season 3 I'll be able to bring Fid out a lot more

Boomerang69

11-23-2012

The Magnificent Twisted Fate
Firefighter Tristana
Red Baron Corki

I WANT D: look expensive though

One Week Ago

11-23-2012

I voted for getting 260RP skins, but the 10+ is nice too.

iMyung

11-23-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
Riot made a commitment years ago to the players that bought them that it would not create additional copies of Kitty Kat Katarina and other Limited Edition skins. We would obviously love to sell them to new players, but despite what you might hear frequently in GD, greed does not drive decisions at Riot.

Why are Alien Invader Heimerdinger, Annie in Wonderland, Red Baron Corki etc. on the list of legacy skins eligible for sale? You also made a commitment that Legendaries will Never go on sale, and these skins are Legendary.

Truly Outrageous

11-23-2012

Someone get redditors to boost #5 so we get 3 sales instead of 2.

And the legendary legacies are not likely to go on 'sale' sale. Even when they were retired, they still cost 1820.

Gespens

11-23-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
Riot made a commitment years ago to the players that bought them that it would not create additional copies of Kitty Kat Katarina and other Limited Edition skins. We would obviously love to sell them to new players, but despite what you might hear frequently in GD, greed does not drive decisions at Riot.

Greed is not always a bad thing. As you mentioned in the your next post, if the trading system is implemented and you want to avoid rereleasing them on SALE, why not make limited edition skins rewards for attending certain events, or getting on the Summoner's Showcase? Or, another way would be to make the skins at the pseudo legendary price of 1350, since many people would pay an arm and a leg for Kitty Katarina, Silent Night Sona, Candy Cane MF, or whatever skins of their favorite champion they missed because they didn't join.