What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hemplar

11-23-2012

Dark Flame Shyvana Please

Cerys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Really kind of annoyed/upset that there's 3 legendary skins(maybe more, I forget if Red Baron Corki was legendary or not) up on the list of potential skins that will come back and be on sale.

It's been said multiple times before that legendary skins will never go on sale and that is part of the allure to them. What's the point of buying a legendary skin then if you're going to go back on that?

To clarify a bit, I'm perfectly fine with bringing back retired legendary skins in a NON-SALE fashion, such as returning Annie in Wonderland, Firefighter Trist, etc but keeping them at the 1820 price point, but to put them on sale is extremely frustrating to me as a customer who bought purchased Annie in Wonderland day one(partially because I love Annie and partially because we were told that legendary skins would never go on sale).

I REALLY hope you will reconsider this or at least clarify it a bit more. Bring the legendary skins back, sure, but don't go putting legendary skins on sale like that and completely ruin people's trust in you as a company.

Echorion

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDax View Post
What would these skins "Never before on sale" mean out of curiosity? What kind of skins? Exterminator Twitch? Medieval Twitch? What does it mean?
No it means like, skins that are ELIGIBLE for sale but never have. So skins that are already available in store, but have not been on sale (excluding legendaries)
Hope that clarifies some ^^

Truly Outrageous

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDax View Post
What would these skins "Never before on sale" mean out of curiosity? What kind of skins? Exterminator Twitch? Medieval Twitch? What does it mean?
Skins that are in the store now but haven't been on sale. For example the Lunar Revel set.

Facemage

11-23-2012

just bring back alien invader heimerdinger, thats the only skin everyone wants anyway :P

NVDax

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storytime Mouse View Post
Skins that are in the store now but haven't been on sale. For example the Lunar Revel set.
Aren't those skins on sale anyway though? I already bought Jade wukong awhile ago.

Antibreeder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Riot made a commitment years ago to the players that bought them that it would not create additional copies of Kitty Kat Katarina and other Limited Edition skins. We would obviously love to sell them to new players, but despite what you might hear frequently in GD, greed does not drive decisions at Riot.
A lot of the so called Limited Edition skins make more sense to just be Legacy. Kitty Kat Katarina is a Halloween skin. Halloween comes yearly. What is so unique about that? This split of limited edition and legacy skins within the same holiday event just seems unnecessary.

There's definitely a lot of skins that make sense to be truly limited edition. Kayle, Jarvin, and Janna season end skins for example. Skins that are just holiday themed based? Meh.

Personally I would like to see the majority of the so called Limited Edition skins reevaluated to see if they are actually Limited Edition or Legacy and of those, then offer a sale for the Legacy ones to some capacity. Be it a chance for accounts who were active at the time of the sale, through account to account sales, or whatever.

NVDax

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echorion View Post
No it means like, skins that are ELIGIBLE for sale but never have. So skins that are already available in store, but have not been on sale (excluding legendaries)
Hope that clarifies some ^^
Example please?

MannerJotgga

11-23-2012

Could you reset the votes? I don't think people knew that the last option weren't Holiday Special Skins

GoTWooD

11-23-2012

WHY WOULD PEOPLE WANT THEM TO BRING BACK LEGACY SKINS FOR AN EVENT.

THEY ARE LEGACY FOR A REASON......... THEY SUCK

stop voting for that option