What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SachieI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Sad that haunted noc wont be making an appearance but glad that we are getting such sweet holiday and post-holiday stuff, thx Hip!

mikeboxmad

11-23-2012

Im pretty excited ill beable to get nottingham ezreal now!

S0rter

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha0sniper View Post
It's not a matter of what's fair or not. If Riot brought them back they would be breaking their word. They made a promise to the people who bought the skins that they would not be resold, they can't (legally CANNOT) go back on that.
Legally they are a business and can do whatever they want to do. If they decided to go sell Limited skins it would NOT be breaking their word. Perhaps I am being biased since I am a relatively new player from this year but they never signed any contract restricting them from selling said skins. Also, it makes me LAUGH every time I read the word rare or rarity about anything virtual. The only thing that changes is that said owners of "rare" skins will not have the chance to showoff. Again, not that I have EVER seen any limited skins EVER being used in-game. They just buy them and leave them there. Hipp, PLEASE think of your growing fanbase! Talk it over with your people.

Wiz Khaleafa

11-23-2012

@ hippalus can we get a little clarification on the

75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) option please?

Clarification as in which skins maybe?

violetsandpiper

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amariithynar View Post
I've bought most of them, and simply don't use them that much because I have so many champions, period. :P This said, why not just update the skin to something that looks better? When a graphical rework is done, they end up doing so anyways, so why not keep it available for sale?
Because that's quite the list of skins they have to remake the splash arts, and possibly the in game models for, something I would rather not have the art department spending time on right now.

FossaFerox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2 View Post
Retired skins coming back?

Defeats the point, right?

Another option needs to be put in: "Not buying RP ever again"
No.

The Legacy system was designed specifically so that the skins WOULD be rereleased for limited runs on a regular basis. I'm shocked it's taken this long. The whole idea was to remove clutter from the store, not to make the skins rare.

Some of the skins removed only fit the guidelines for removal because the champions were unpopular a year ago when the skins were retired and new skins had just come out.

Look at Safari Caitlyn. It is hands down her best skin. Her other options make her look like a stripper (Officer and Sheriff) or a stereotypical communist straight from bad 80s movies (Resistance and Northern Front). Safari was more detailed than Sheriff and more tasteful than the other three combined.

But a new Cait skin had just come out when they did the last round of retirements in March and her Sheriff skin was cheaper, so Safari wasn't selling well at the time. This is especially true since Cait herself was unpopular at the time.

So you had an AWESOME skin on an underplayed champion where the people that did play her were either buying the cheap skin or the new expensive skin and boom, sales for her best skin slumped temporarily.

Now her best skin is gone.

It HAS to be brought back. I'd buy it for legendary price at this point.

Chamenas

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2 View Post
Retired skins coming back?

Defeats the point, right?

Another option needs to be put in: "Not buying RP ever again"
The entire point of retiring skins is to give them an exclusivity status whereby you can own something that people cannot normally get anymore. However, after what happened with Limited Skins and the outrage of newer players at not being able to obtain them, Riot has gone with the legacy system which allows a bit more fairness.

If you don't like it, no need to play the game.

FossaFerox

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamenas View Post
The entire point of retiring skins is to give them an exclusivity status whereby you can own something that people cannot normally get anymore. However, after what happened with Limited Skins and the outrage of newer players at not being able to obtain them, Riot has gone with the legacy system which allows a bit more fairness.

If you don't like it, no need to play the game.
That was not the point of the legacy system AT ALL. It was to remove clutter from the store so new players would see the new, higher quality skins and pick them out without sifting through the clutter of the older skins which, by and large, aren't as nice.

There are exceptions though which is part of why the skins weren't removed for good. Safari Cait NEEDS to come back.

SculptorOvFlesh

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossaFerox View Post
No.

The Legacy system was designed specifically so that the skins WOULD be rereleased for limited runs on a regular basis. I'm shocked it's taken this long. The whole idea was to remove clutter from the store, not to make the skins rare.

Some of the skins removed only fit the guidelines for removal because the champions were unpopular a year ago when the skins were retired and new skins had just come out.

Look at Safari Caitlyn. It is hands down her best skin. Her other options make her look like a stripper (Officer and Sheriff) or a stereotypical communist straight from bad 80s movies (Resistance and Northern Front). Safari was more detailed than Sheriff and more tasteful than the other three combined.

But a new Cait skin had just come out when they did the last round of retirements in March and her Sheriff skin was cheaper, so Safari wasn't selling well at the time. This is especially true since Cait herself was unpopular at the time.

So you had an AWESOME skin on an underplayed champion where the people that did play her were either buying the cheap skin or the new expensive skin and boom, sales for her best skin slumped temporarily.

Now her best skin is gone.

It HAS to be brought back. I'd buy it for legendary price at this point.
Clearly you missed Hipp's post about people buying "RARE SKINS FROM EACH OTHER FOR (upto 5,000RP depending on rarity)".

DontHateTolerate

11-23-2012

Everyone remember don't vote for option #6, and we can get two sales.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...35820#31735820

Here is the confirmation by Hippalus.

Also help this thread get noticed to spread some awareness!

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._for_option_6/