What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

yeah all the #6 skins are really bad. ugh

Elysion Spectre

11-23-2012

rune page 50% off seems very promising.

Bakabridget

11-23-2012

bring back old legacy skins!!!

Xelsia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
Emerald Taric and Sonoran Kog would like a word out back

S0rter

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Riot made a commitment years ago to the players that bought them that it would not create additional copies of Kitty Kat Katarina and other Limited Edition skins. We would obviously love to sell them to new players, but despite what you might hear frequently in GD, greed does not drive decisions at Riot.
No no, sir not greed. I may have though this way initially but after truly realizing the implications of Limited and Legacy it seems Riot should open a charity. Such committments are honorable, but not for a business making money, and not at the expense of future profits from new members, as I am assuming Riot WANTS to have more and newer players coming in. Or am I wrong at this assessment? Sorry my Finance major is talking.

And the stupid this is that the players who DID buy them believe that their skin would "devalue", as if such a concept even exists in a virtual commerce, from allowing those (including myself) who were not there since LoL inception to be eligible to acquire them. These same skins will still be able to be sold for the same price, if not a bit more expensive if it is justified (here come even more profits), to ALL players. Skins are NOT like antiquities or old NEVER again reproduced goods. Because they are virtual.

Value on those skins DOES NOT increase the same way you may think it does since you are not allowed to sell them. So they may be worth a bagillion dollars but there is NO WAY for you to get that amount of money. It is just a value one places that does not give any benefit whatsoever to the owner. Just a showoff factor.

Kitten Katari

11-23-2012

Well if that is the case. You should keep the vaulted skins vaulted for us who bought them before they retired since you want to commit to Kitty Kat Katarina and all that.

Eat Orange Be K

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
Retiring skins makes them rarer, which increases their value, which increases sales short-term. I also guarentee the holiday skins sell way more than they would have if they weren't limited edition ...
I'd be willing to take bets against that, and would love to see how 2012 Harrowing/2011 Snowdown sold as Legacy compared to the previous year's Limited, but something tells me we won't actually see the numbers to prove either way :3

Eat Orange Be K

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
Highland Tryndamere is laughing at you.

FancySheep

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySheep View Post
Anyways, since you seem to be answering many questions, do you think there will be a gifting system for Christmas? E.G: Giving your limited edition skin that you don't use to a friend.

BlueWallpaper

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
...but despite what you might hear frequently in GD, greed does not drive decisions at Riot.
Prove it!! Permanent ward skins!! Including the Harrowing and new Christmas ward skins!! Do it Hiphopalus, I believe in you!!!