Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.4%
50% off rune pages 3102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 18441 .

Player Choice January Sales Event

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S0rter

11-23-2012

Well as long as there is no Kitty Kat this poll and sale is pointless. As is the corporate decision to PURPOSEFULLY lose money. Does this mean Riot is so rich they don't care if they don't sell certain items? GG Capitalism OP!

As for those asking why ppl don't want rune pages on sale is because we can get those through time invested in the game while skins you HAVE to spend money to get so it is best to have a sale on things you cannot get any other way than purchasing them with cash.

tsubaki1892

Recruiter

11-23-2012

If Kitty kat would be allowed then by all means ill vote for her else.

From Legacy Vault: : Yellow Jacket Shen

Going to Legacy : Enchanted & Hextech Galio , Myrmidon & Ruthless Pantheon , Glacial &Forsaken Olaf , Deadly Kennen , Runeborn & Battlecast Xerath, bioforge Darius xD

KingofMaelstroms

11-23-2012

You do realize that by making Kitty Cat Katarina on sale you would make so many people happy.

Eat Orange Be K

11-23-2012

Quote:

Annie In Wonderland
Red Baron Corki
Alien Invader Heimerdinger
Firefighter Tristana
The Magnificent Twisted Fate

Just to go out on a limb here, but I'm assuming if these 4 come back, they'd only come back to being available (temporarily), and not be part of the 50% off, correct?

Edit: Five, since I can't count

Bless

11-23-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
That hit some technical snags and got pushed into early/mid December.

But it is coming 100%? Just asking because I've kept 1350 rp for the name change in my account ever since you announced it in your earlier thread; I'd like to spend it on something else if it's not a certainty.

p.s would love to see tf's legendary brought back, regardless of whether it would go on sale or not, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

LeBlonk

11-23-2012

idk why so many people want old legacy skins. They are just crappy recolors. I'd rather have a 10 skin sale with some newer skins.

darkwithless

11-23-2012

Wild guess (not searching through the thread to see if someone else figured this out):
Option 4: 50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale)

will have 4 skins that have never been on sale before:
Guqin Sona
Jade Dragon Wukong
Dragon Fist Lee Sin
Dragonblade Talon

Awesometomb

11-23-2012

Nottingham Ezreal, Yellow Jacket Shen, Swamp Master Kennen, Professor Ryze, Pharoah Amumu
PUT THEM ON SALE AGAIN, GODDAMNIT.

TerraRising

11-23-2012

Hippalus, I'm going to re-emphasize my point in the other thread and on Reddit that this sale seems like an afterthought than a magnanimous gesture. It's not the "interest in a big sale" some of us were interested in but one on Black Friday, a major shopping event when people have money to spend.

Also, this should be BIG, as in "suspend the rules and allow loyal fans to buy almost every skin in the vault," including the PAX/Convention skins, the 2010 Olympics (which is a global event just the same as Riot is a global company), 2010 World Cup and other special event skins, except ones like beta King Rammus and Triumphant Ryze. All excuses as to "we can't release these skins" is just arbitrary, imodo.

All that aside, I say do multiple options for this sale, like the top three suggestions. Make the sale BIG so people will want to get RP cards as holiday gifts instead of socks, sweaters or Steam credit.

Boku Girl

11-23-2012

Quit telling me I don't know what I voted for.

I wanted the legacy skins so I voted for them. I own the skins I want in the currently available selection so a sale would be wasted on me.