Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.4%
50% off rune pages 3102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 18441 .

Player Choice January Sales Event

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pebu

12-05-2012

Now's a perfect time to hold this sale!

Iucas

12-05-2012

This is taking forever, just release them! "between now and the end of january, meaning the end of january is when they will be released

Cerys

12-05-2012

Quote:
sonofliber:
this man speaks the truth, people who oppose that legacy skins new sells are entitlement people, people who dont like other to have what they have, because of e-***** issues (we dont give a **** really, at most we say nice skin)

No one cares if Legacy skins come back. No one even cares if the regular Legacy skins are on sale.

The people who own the Legacy LEGENDARY skins care that they are going to be discounted, though. No one cares that they are coming back, but they care that they are going to be discounted after multiple huge debates by Riot where they said that they would not discount legendary skins because that was a part of their prestige(the price made them more elusive and interesting).

If you want to buy Annie in Wonderland for 1820, I'm all for it. I would gladly accept them bringing that skin back at the original price during the Legacy sale and you buying her. I have(and I don't think anyone else has) NO ISSUE with this.

If Riot discounts them, It's kind of a slap in the face for the people who originally bought these legendary skins, though. We were told that these skins wouldn't go on sale, and then now we're being told they are going on sale. This is poor customer service and no one from Riot cares. Instead, we get blanket statements about how this is apparently how it always was and only active legendaries are "safe."

If they did ONE SMALL THING for the legacy legendary skin owners, I'm sure most of us would at least accept it. I don't even know what that thing is. Maybe an apology? I'd actually be perfectly content with a small seal on the loading screen that said "1st Edition" or something, even. I don't even care what, but I don't enjoy being ignored and talked down to because Riot decided to go against their word and do something entirely different.

And you know what makes it worse? The people who go through the thread and mock all the original legacy legendary skin owners. I can 100% guarantee you that none of us even wanted the skins retired in the first place. Besides the price promise, Riot promised to upgrade Magnificent TF way back when and never did it. They also said they were going to go back through older legendary skins and revamp them to include more unique things(new particles, new VAs, etc.) and they never did it(they did change Firefighter Trist's particles, which was cool, but not much else).

The promises, and then the breaking of those promises, is what upsets me(and what upsets others). If they want to go back on their word, they could at least TALK about it and explain the situation better instead of ignoring it, doing their own thing, and hoping it goes away.

The Norm67

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Since Headmistress Fiora is her Legacy skin, would it be eligible to be in that sale?
I had the RP to get that skin a couple days before the 13th, but I hesitated a bit too long ): haha

yrtsimehC

12-06-2012

Forget this legacy stuff and make limited skins.

S0rter

12-06-2012

Quote:
yrtsimehC:
Forget this legacy stuff and make limited skins.

Make them available for sale perhaps but definitely not to continue labeling certain skins limited. I prefer them legacy as they would eventually come back because entitlement e-peen strokers will throw a hissy fit just by the mention. I already gave my opinion, and the only "entitlement" skin (that is how I will call them from now on) that I want is Kitty Kat.

Hidden Sniper

12-07-2012

Quote:
JoE434:
Do what garena is doing
http://forum.lol.garena.com/showthread.php?27267-Decide-the-legacy-skins-on-sale

SO much better.

FinesseX

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Bring Back Haunting Nocturne PLEASE

Hi Katz

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Quote:
AngryTourist:
50% Super sale, i want a riot Graves...

ill sell you a riot graves code

Exprima

12-08-2012

I was really hoping for Haunting Nocturne.