Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.4%
50% off rune pages 3102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 18441 .

Player Choice January Sales Event

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarlet Flandre

12-03-2012

Mistletoe Leblanc
Hippalus please

Johza

12-03-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
We are working on ways that players who own Limited Edition skins like Kitty Kat Katarina can sell them to players who don't. There are several challenges with implementing this kind of system, one of which is that demand will be much higher than supply, which could mean prices of 5,000 RP for some of the rarer skins.

I would gladly pay upside of 3000RP for Kitty Kat, Hippalus, although 5k seems rather steep. You guys need to do a limited edition sale at the end of every year pricing Limited skins at 150%-300% of RP (depending on their popularity) and marking them with stickers 1st Edition (for the original buyers), 2nd Edition, 3rd Edition Etc.

Johza

12-03-2012

Quote:
Worst Talon Ever:
Mistletoe Leblanc
Hippalus please

Pretty sure Mistletoe IS legacy, but because Christmas skin, probably will go on surprise Christmas sale?

JesseIandrum

12-04-2012

No deffinatly not blitzcrank D:

DJay Saint

12-04-2012

Just wondering if you guys came out with a planned start date for the sale? I know you said some time between "now" and january, but that's relatively vague lol. Just trying to figure out if I need to restock up on rp now, or can wait until January and just spend more cash on Christmas stuff.

Thanks Hippalus.

erosumikun

12-05-2012

Quote:
Quickshot888:
No deffinatly not blitzcrank D:

Thats limited editon ....sorry bub :C

erosumikun

12-05-2012

1st bump of the day bonus

By the way this poll has already been decided for those who didn't hear about it...its #4 and legacy #6 .... #5 may return (because riot likes $ -_-) but who doesn't like $ right -_-

PS...Check out my Jan sale thread chains if you guys are bored (this one I made for Kat)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31734778#post31734778

This one below I made for leblanc
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32035878#post32035878

Ayuhi

12-05-2012

I find it disappointing that the Legacy Skins are coming back.
This is just my point of view, and I am not trying to offend/harass anyone, just trying to make clear why I am tad upset about this.

First of all.
They are LEGACY skins,
the point of being a legacy skin is the fact they are NOT AVAILABLE after they disappear.

Second point,
the legacy skins were already in a sale already once, so why would they be re-sold again?
The ones that were dedicated enough to get the skins, don't need this legacy sale, hence again, they were supposed to stay away.

I understand that 'we'(people who are fairly new to League)want these legacy skins to come back(temp.)because they want the skins, I can totally comprehend that, but you have to think, that you could have bought them before they went out of the shop, and if you did not, well then you were not suppose to have it. (Because it's a LEGACY skin)

I am disappointed in Riot, because they told us the Legacy skins would BE GONE after the sale, if I cannot trust them about this skin issue, how the hell am I suppose to know that if I buy discounted skins/stuff, they will not be cheaper again in the future(weekly skin sale is different). Like a store that's always haveing sales, just to 'trick' you?

Apologies if I have offended anyone, I did not mean so.

Dusty Bronco

12-05-2012

Quote:
Ayuhi:
I find it disappointing that the Legacy Skins are coming back.
This is just my point of view, and I am not trying to offend/harass anyone, just trying to make clear why I am tad upset about this.

First of all.
They are LEGACY skins,
the point of being a legacy skin is the fact they are NOT AVAILABLE after they disappear.

Second point,
the legacy skins were already in a sale already once, so why would they be re-sold again?
The ones that were dedicated enough to get the skins, don't need this legacy sale, hence again, they were supposed to stay away.

I understand that 'we'(people who are fairly new to League)want these legacy skins to come back(temp.)because they want the skins, I can totally comprehend that, but you have to think, that you could have bought them before they went out of the shop, and if you did not, well then you were not suppose to have it. (Because it's a LEGACY skin)

I am disappointed in Riot, because they told us the Legacy skins would BE GONE after the sale, if I cannot trust them about this skin issue, how the hell am I suppose to know that if I buy discounted skins/stuff, they will not be cheaper again in the future(weekly skin sale is different). Like a store that's always haveing sales, just to 'trick' you?

Apologies if I have offended anyone, I did not mean so.

You don't seem to be aware of the difference between legacy and limited. Limited means that, after the sale period, they will never go on sale again (I.E., Championship Riven). Legacy means, after the sale period, they'll be put in the skins vault, unable to be purchased until the next time Riot decides to put them out again (this year's Harrowing skins).
Legacy does NOT mean one sale and done. Limited DOES.

Firefly Captain

12-05-2012

Oh man. I'm turning 21 in January. Do I buy alcohol, or this? RIOT YOU MAKE MY LIFE SO COMPLICATED