What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

11-29-2012

Why does somebody have to downvote my question about Snowmerdinger every time I ask? At least have the decency to reply. It's just a simple question.

DJay Saint

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Suplex 1 View Post
Did you read the link that you posted? "Since these skins are Legendary, we opted not to reduce their price. A big part of purchasing a Legendary skin is they're a bit more exclusive by nature, and we didn't want to diminish that, especially since we're about to make them even more exclusive for the players that already purchased these early edition Legendaries." If we use logic here, he's saying that legendaries shouldn't go on sale because their exclusive. He also states these particular legendaries are about to become even mroe exclusive. So of course people should have assumed they would go on sale a few months later. Nice job treating others like they're morons while saying some pretty stupid ****, bro.
Wow is this guy serious? Are you mentally retarded? In THAT post he stated that they opted to not put them on sale. AT THAT TIME. At NO POINT ANYWHERE did they ever state that they would never put legacy skins (being legendary or not) back on sale and/or discounted.

Regardless if they are on sale for 50% off or not, they are still more exclusive because of the fact that:

1. They are legendary. Even at 50% off they are still more expensive than the rest of the legacy skins, and not many people can and/or will be able to buy it.

2. They are legacy. That means they are coming back again for a short time, and then going back in to the vault and MAY or MAY NOT come back at a later date. Even if they come back, it might be once a year at most. I guarantee that next year at this time there are still going to be many people stating they don't have said skins. Their availability is still limited.

I don't get it. You're reading the same thing I am, correct? So where the hell are you getting this "but omfg riot said they would NEVER resell legacy skins!" and "omfg they said they would NEVER sell legendary legacy skins at a reduced rate!". Show me in that post where your retarded view is explicitly stated by Riot. Please. Show me. You can't. Why? Because you're dumb and reading what you WANT to read.

They said they weren't going to discount the legendaries at that time. Yes. They never said they wouldn't discount them in the future after they already became legacy status.

You get treated how you act, so yes you are a moron. Basically what you and the other asses are complaining about is that Riot is selling some skins that you have. You are mad because you don't want anyone else to have those skins. You want to feel special with your virtual goodies and "he who dies with the most toys, blah blah blah" bull****.

Well guess what? You're not special. You aren't a unique snowflake. You aren't better than everyone else because you have some limited edition virtual recolored pixels that someone else doesn't. There are billions of people on the planet and in retrospect, you are less than a drop in a bucket and don't matter in the big picture. If you want to be special, don't try to be on a video game because that makes you out to be more sad and pathetic than you can ever imagine. Even if you think you're 1 in a million, that just means there's at least ~6,500 more people in the world just like you, so you're not special by any means. Now get off your damn high horses and stop whining about pixels.

Riot never MADE you spend money on a game. They are offering goods and services, and it is your CHOICE to spend money or not. There are a lot of companies out there that do a lot more shady business practices than trying to legitimately please their fans by making older content available again. Damn Riot for trying to be nice to their customer base for supporting them, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Beezil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

from the counts of the closed poll and Hip's updated poll results, the numbers don't match. I demand a recount, Mr. President.

DJay Saint

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezil View Post
from the counts of the closed poll and Hip's updated poll results, the numbers don't match. I demand a recount, Mr. President.
He said the total counts were compiled from ALL regions. The poll in this thread is just from NA. Feel free to go to all of the other region threads and count them and add them together.

Cardboard Smurf

11-29-2012

I want kitty kat katarina!!!

DarkTundras

Master Recruiter

11-29-2012

Wonder woman sivir is miiiiinnneeee aahahahahahahaha

JMS

11-29-2012

No pumpkinhead fiddlesticks

RockRipper21

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post

2) At some point between now and the end of January, the 42 Legacy skins below will come back into the store for a limited time at 50% off their regular price:
The one question that I have is: will we be notified with either forum posts or official posts on the front page, or will these skins be brought back into the store and removed from the store in secret?

SadMagic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Please I really want ( Mistletoe LeBlanc ) skin :*(

I want it so hard...

Please RIOT release it with some other ( Legacy Skins ) ..

Because Mistletoe LeBlanc skin counted as Legacy Skin !!

Why I can't see it in the list of the legacy skins

please.. please .. LeBlanc is my Best Champion I love her and I want to buy this great skin

Thank You....

Ransack Johnson

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadMagic View Post
Please I really want ( Mistletoe LeBlanc ) skin :*(

I want it so hard...

Please RIOT release it with some other ( Legacy Skins ) ..

Because Mistletoe LeBlanc skin counted as Legacy Skin !!

Why I can't see it in the list of the legacy skins

please.. please .. LeBlanc is my Best Champion I love her and I want to buy this great skin

Thank You....
Holy... Mistletoe LeBlanc was a seasonal skin, not a Legacy skin. She's gone. Done. Over. Your fetish-y fantasies aren't coming true. Play Garena server if you want something like that, since they seem to be taking votes.