What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorry Not Shark

Member

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
To make this clear, once again: This whole January sale thing is because you guys in eCommerce derped on Black Friday and not in the "community's interest in a big sale" as you tried to spin it. The whole "January" thing is just another excuse, as you guys are "too busy with Snowdown" or whatever. It's damage control, not a magnanimous gesture on your part.

Also, you're asking for the community's input as a shield when you guys fail to deliver. You'll simply say "Hey, we just tried to give you what you wanted," when you don't deliver on it. Just like the Ward Skin weekly rental, the revote on Harrowing 2012 and the 1350 RP price point for DT Lulu.

Criticisms aside, why bother with this poll and do a mega two-week sale with all options available plus some extra surprises. There's something of varying interest for everyone in these options and shutting down options because of a poll (one that was derped, edited and poorly explained, btw) is further madness.

That said,
You must have a horrible life if you're pessimistic enough that you can find 3 paragrahps worth of stuff to moan about regarding a TWO WEEK SALE OF OUR CHOICE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hex Rx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-25-2012

Well, it very apparent that the top three choices are winning by a heavy margin whereas the bottom three choices while popular, are vastly outstripped, in terms of weight. Three favorite options would be awesome ! Gives enough variety to everyone who voted

GO !


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
To make this clear, once again: This whole January sale thing is because you guys in eCommerce derped on Black Friday and not in the "community's interest in a big sale" as you tried to spin it. The whole "January" thing is just another excuse, as you guys are "too busy with Snowdown" or whatever. It's damage control, not a magnanimous gesture on your part.

Also, you're asking for the community's input as a shield when you guys fail to deliver. You'll simply say "Hey, we just tried to give you what you wanted," when you don't deliver on it. Just like the Ward Skin weekly rental, the revote on Harrowing 2012 and the 1350 RP price point for DT Lulu.

Criticisms aside, why bother with this poll and do a mega two-week sale with all options available plus some extra surprises. There's something of varying interest for everyone in these options and shutting down options because of a poll (one that was derped, edited and poorly explained, btw) is further madness.

That said,
+1. Someone who gets it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eminomnom

Junior Member

11-25-2012

50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store)

I believe Riot Squad Singed meets this criteria, can anyone confirm? I believe it was retired from the store but not tied to any of the special events that deemed some skins "limited". This is the one skin all my friends and I need to complete our RIOT brigades!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorry Not Shark

Member

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SculptorOvFlesh View Post
+1. Someone who gets it.
Seriously? How can you moan about this. Like... WE GET TO CHOOSE WHAT SALE WE HAVE. How can that be a bad thing? Is American culture so twisted by this point that not having a Black Friday sale enduces rage and hate in everyone?

I do agree that 1350RP skins are BS though... still. Lighten the hell up and enjoy the January sale when it comes around.

Christ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fLUORESC3NT View Post
Seriously? How can you moan about this. Like... WE GET TO CHOOSE WHAT SALE WE HAVE. How can that be a bad thing? Is American culture so twisted by this point that not having a Black Friday sale enduces rage and hate in everyone?

I do agree that 1350RP skins are BS though... still. Lighten the hell up and enjoy the January sale when it comes around.

Christ...
This sale is a trap. They announce it early, so people scramlbe to buy Rp, then, they release Overpirced Christmas skins, and people will STILL Have to go out an dbuy more Rp for the Jan sale. Are you ****ing blind? Cause clearly 90% of the community is.
Sorry almost 200% of the community is, because Riot can't even make a poll right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

Senior Member

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SculptorOvFlesh View Post
This sale is a trap. They announce it early, so people scramlbe to buy Rp, then, they release Overpirced Christmas skins, and people will STILL Have to go out an dbuy more Rp for the Jan sale. Are you ****ing blind? Cause clearly 90% of the community is.
Sorry almost 200% of the community is, because Riot can't even make a poll right.
Are you a ******? You say you know what Riot will do so why would u take exactly the same actions tard. If you don't have enough RP and don't want to buy extra then don't. Either buy the limited christmas skins or don't buy them and wait for the sale. Your complaining like ******* for something you have sole power over.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorry Not Shark

Member

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SculptorOvFlesh View Post
This sale is a trap. They announce it early, so people scramlbe to buy Rp, then, they release Overpirced Christmas skins, and people will STILL Have to go out an dbuy more Rp for the Jan sale. Are you ****ing blind? Cause clearly 90% of the community is.
Sorry almost 200% of the community is, because Riot can't even make a poll right.
They're having a sale to make money? OH MY GOD NOW WAY.
We get cheap ****, we get to choose what it is. Suck it up


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeunchainn

Senior Member

11-25-2012

Lol @ those who voted 50% off boost terrible terrible choice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theonlyjuan

Recruiter

11-25-2012

50% off skin super sale - 8,884 votes
50% off legacy skins - 7,706 votes

Available skins on saleóindefinite availability - 8,884 votes
Unavailable skins on saleódefinite availability - 7,706 votes

I don't get it. If the super sale wins, I hope legendaries will be for sale to make up for missing the opportunity to purchase once-unavailable skins.

Yes, it is not fair to those who purchase the legacy skins before they became unavailable, but the unavailable skins will become unavailable again soon enough. However, is it unfair?

"I bought my legacy when it first came out, suck it January 2013 scrubs."