So I showed my feminist sister ALL the champions in League of Legends.....

1234511 ... 37
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeRon James

11-22-2012

I figured this would be an interesting little experiment. I showed her all the champs, one by one, and asked her impressions of each one. I documented the full list, but I'm gonna post her favorites and her least favorites, as well as (paraphrased) reasons she gave for liking or disliking certain champions.

CHAMPS MY FEMINIST SISTER ENJOYED

1. Kayle: Strong portrayal of a Female! Not hyper-sexualized, looks like she could actually give and take a brutal attack.
2. Ezreal: Love his design, looks really attractive and interesting.
3. Vladimir: The whole blood manipulation thing is a sweet power - interesting take on a mage. Also, his design isn't completely off putting.
4. Twisted Fate: Actually looks sneaky and subversive. He looks like more of an outlaw than graves (who she said just looks flat out boring). However, I really dislike the skin which has him dancing with a female (referring to tango dancer TF) - she looks like a prop and there are no instances of males being used as props for female champs.
5. FIZZ: Looks effortlessly cute, but also sly and tricky. Whereas some champs looks like they tried too hard to be cute, this one is perfect.

Honorable Mentions:

Nocturne: Looks seriously cool, love his skins, why couldn't it be female?
Xerath: I like his ethereal nature and think his lore is cool
Taric: A fabulous man. I like his pink fuzzy boots.
Poppy: looks cute, but also seems strong & determined
Anivia: The only non-humanoid character explicitly assigned a female gender. Still, the design just reminds me of Articuno from Pokemon. Not original.

__________________________________________________ ________________

CHAMPS MY FEMINIST SISTER HATES

1. Miss Fortune: Her design is egregious and offensively sexual. In her hands, even the guns look like phallic imagery. Obviously pandering to male sexual fantasies in every aspect of her design.
2. Sona: Why is she mute? Why did they make that decision with this particular female champ? Could they not have given this limitation to a male champion, given how frail and poorly represented the females in this game already are? Why does she appear so non-combative amidst a roster of brutes, monsters, and strong fighters? Also, her breasts are obscene.
3. Urgot Crab Skin: Why the **** does this fat, filthy, mass of lard have a helpless female slung over his shoulder? Also, he's seriously ugly.
4. Teemo: Looks ridiculous and stupid; should be in an Easter greeting card, not a game about fighting.Seriously, I am annoyed just looking at him.
5. Janna: Looks like she's wearing toilet papers and cleanex. Did the wind blow off all her goddamn clothing? She's practically naked.

Honorable Mentions

Nidalee: This is the best representation of a non-white female they could come up with? All the art looks very dated, and to top it off she runs around with jungle beasts. Seriously, fix this.
Lux: "I want to slap her stupid ****ing face"
Irelia: Looks too weak to even hold up her weapon.
Morganna: Why is she in the kitchen (referring to her baking skin)?

Gonna put some more of her champ impressions here by (un)popular demand!

Jayce: Looks like some corporate ******bag who was given a hammer. Should be filing taxes, not fighting a war.
Gragas: Reminds me of a dragon age dwarf, and is a little too stereotypical to be interesting. A fat, beer-chugging female champ would've been more interesting.
Cassiopiea/Zyra: If you're gonna go out of your way to make some non-human champs, why do you have to put so much emphasis on their breasts? I mean, is it impossible to make a plant-form or serpent-form champ that isn't designed to appeal to human sexuality?
Elise: This is supposed to be the "spider queen"? Looks more like a mid-range vegas prostitute than the badass ruler of the spider kingdom.
Katarina: "The sinister push-up bra"
Riven: At least they tried with Riven. I like everything except her bunny girl skin. Scrolling through skins, when I reached the Bunny Girl, it almost invalidated all the respect I'd built up for her design.
Talon: Looks badass! Love his skins and design.

DRAVEN: "Looks like a rapist"

Overall, my sister thinks that females are horribly represented by Riot. She says that easily 90% of the female champions either look too frail to belong on a battlefield, don't have appropriate armor for combat, or are simply obvious sexual objects instead of legitimate combatants. Literally, she only liked maybe 2 of the female champs, and every single other female champ she would point out how they were over-sexualized.

Also, my sister wanted to know why Riot doesn't design non-human female champs. Nocturne, Cho Gath, Xerath etc. are all modeled after the male gender. Why not have cool non-humanoid females too?

That is all.

JuanDeages

11-22-2012

She hates teemo just like everyone else. I find this funny.

Jeanesse

11-22-2012

accurate.

LastProtagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

What does she think about Gingerbread Singed?

Spectre06

11-22-2012

tl;dr - Delete Teemo

Claw of Time

11-22-2012

10/10

Would bang

KirbyLover101

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanDeages View Post
She hates teemo just like everyone else. I find this funny.
This

AcrobaticApricot

11-22-2012

I find this hilarious and you should post them all.

Also tell her Irelia doesn't hold up her weapons.

The Moon

11-22-2012

Draven=Rapist

I loled

TheFunStopsHere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRon James View Post
DRAVEN: "Looks like a rapist"
As if anyone can say no to this face!

1234511 ... 37