Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arararararara

11-22-2012

So riot's idea of black friday is boosting smurfs?

Zeninth

11-22-2012

Argh...this is sorta a good idea and gift idea from Riot...

I'm having that weird contorted facial expression right now. $5 is pretty cheap but like everyone is saying those champions take no time to get especially for a level 1 account with all the accelerated ip they get before you hit level 15 and the game gets stingy and your gains per match plummet.

But a new player does need easy champs like those. So it sorta makes sense.

What would have been nice is if you gave a bit of free IP (1350) and/or RP in the bundle. Then they could get another inexpensive champ right off the bat if they dont' like Ryze, Garen, etc. And the person who is giving the gift is essentially helping Riot gain a potential customer so maybe the person who gives the gift could get 400 RP or something. I dunno I'm just thinking out loud here cuz right now this package is kinda meh.

Also agree with a previous poster, Riot you really should not be encouraging people to play Master Yi in his current state. Even though ppl moan about Teemo all the time, 95% of Master Yi players are horrible. Sometimes not their fault but his kit is whack. It encourages diving, backdooring, chasing people around the whole map. He's not a champ that encourages team play or other skills at all but I'm getting off topic now.

Kamai

11-22-2012

I don't quite understand the complaining. I think this is pretty neat, and the XP boost, while bad on the surface, should actually let people quickly past the annoying smurfs and actually play some games vs people that aren't garbage.

Erected Llama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Awesome, it's normally so difficult to play those champions without unlocking them!

And you should not be encouraging people to play Master Yi :|
If you are complaining about Yi as a champ, then you probably are still at the level that Yi is successfully played...I haven't seen a Yi that is worth complaining about since level 10 like a year ago. Just sayin. Yi is a good starting champion for anyone when they first play League and I am sure you played a ton when you started.

SorionHex

11-22-2012

It's a STARTER pack people. Keyword starter. I'd like to know how many of you had 2250IP, and a Skin when you started at level 1.

SugÓrFreeMints

11-22-2012

Hip did you by any chance was transferred from Garena/EA? because if you do.. just want you to know i've stop spending my $ and quit because i hate how they treat their customer.. you sure wanna do that in Riot?

Calderweiss

11-22-2012

I have found that having champions that a person actually owns helps that person start off much faster then using the free ones each week. This would actually really help someone getting into league.

Yavin4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Extremely poor gift.

Gonzodamus

11-22-2012

I have no idea how people can complain about this. A $5 starter pack is a pretty cool way to get people into the game, and it makes for a good cheap gift for friends. I know I'll be giving out a few to folks that I've been wanting to get into LoL.

What I'd really love to do though is to gift something like the Gamer's Choice or Digital Collector's pack. That way my buddies can have a nice chunk of champions to play with right off the bat

EliteFourWolfie

11-22-2012

For a second, I saw the picture and was like, "Are they bringing back Regifted Amumu?"

But, I saw these starter packs last time I was at Target about a month? couple weeks? ago. It's not a bad idea for people who are just starting out.