I am tired of having to dodge and wait 30 minutes!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiidann View Post
A group finder would fix so many problems at once it's not even funny. Trolling will be reduced tremendously, dodging will rarely be necessary, team comps will be sound, less arguing, less stress, the champion select process will be healthier overall, there simply is no denying that.

Hate it or love it the queue system in WoW worked. Apart from the sometimes long queue times for dps, the role selection worked perfectly and grouped up 5 people that were ready to tackle a dungeon. Were there trolls or bad players sometimes? Sure, but it was truly minor! Especially when compared to how many you encounter when queuing in League of Legends. The fact is when I queued for a dungeon it went smoothly most of the time. As for the queue times, they will never be anywhere close to as high as they were on WoW, because firstly there's a much larger player base queuing up at any given moment, secondly the disparity between roles is much less, yes even support.

Once again I urge you guys to please take one look at this thread about a possible group finder: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2715842
Just take one moment to read the OP and let us know what you think, I would truly appreciate it!
This would only remove those that want to play a certain role and don't get to so troll. You'll still get the Teemo who wants to play AP in the ADC role, you'll still get Sejuani as top or jungle, you'll still get the people who seem to feed non-stop, you'll still get the people who role random.

The only way to stop this is to allow us to report players in champ select and have the champ select chat in the tribunal, and then remove the ability to dodge. If I don't like the team composition, think that someone will troll I can pick Sejuani and call top and get someone to dodge every time. This is wrong, I shouldn't be able to do that, and yet it happens.

This is an improvement for sure, but it is not the answer, both dodges and trolls need dealt with.

Ramenhaus

11-29-2012

Agreed. A champion selection tool would be nice, but the only way to get rid of the current troll culture is to allow summoners to be reported from the champion selection screen.

http://i.imgur.com/tJTUW.jpg sums it up nicely.

Brasidius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
The worst case scenario I've seen is premades using it as a way to bully the randoms into doing what they say.

My suggestion is to outright disable the function for any premades to vote-kick. Let players KNOW if they have premades in their team. This is a feature for solo queue randoms, so premade teams of 5 won't need it.

If you have a team of 5's, and there's a duo queue. Only the 3 randoms can choose to vote kick a player, requiring a 2/3 majority to succeed. And if one of the duo queue can be kicked, the partner will be kicked automatically to prevent any angry counter-attacks.

The hole so far is 4-man premades with 1 random...
I was confused by what you said, and I think you're shooting yourself in the foot. (There is no such thing as a 4-man premade?) Votes should include everyone on the team. There's no reason to discount a duo. Votes should instead pass with 3/5 people. This eliminates the ability for a duo to both filibuster a kick, and vote someone out themselves. But I think you were frustrated and trying to go about it the wrong way.

There SHOULD be a report function/chat log in the champ select screen.
There SHOULD be a way to disband the queue with a 3/5 vote. (Duos get a vote).
There SHOULD NOT be any immediate penalties for anyone in a disbanded queue.

This puts the onus on people reviewing tribunal cases and doesn't immediately affect queue rates. If someone (or a duo) is really trolling that hard, they shouldn't be able to play with this system in place because they will be repeatedly be disbanded. But if the problem is just due to disagreements between players wanting to play a certain lane, maybe it's resolved by a simple re-queue.

I would really like to hear what Riot's possible suggestions are, because unless there is an overhaul in the queue system, I just don't see how many more possibilities there are for improvement while keeping the current system fast and hasslefree. I try to write things when I report people, and I think it makes a difference so I'm willing to make that sacrifice of time after a game. But whatever system is put in place, it can't take so long holding votes and writing out detailed logs after reporting that it ruins my ability to get into a game in the first place.

Another thing I would like to see put in place is another "human check" in the champ select screen. Missing a ban or a pick should AUTOMATICALLY disband the game and re-queue everyone except the person that missed the ban/pick. This seems like a no-brainer and I can't believe it hasn't been implemented yet. There is no place for "random picks" in ranked (in my opinion), and even if there were, there is a dedicated way to choose a random champ already. I would be willing to give up the pre-champ select afk check for this one instead. I also think if anything should be implemented, it's this. There is no opinion involved, someone is either afk or actively involved in the game. No penalties awarded for this except being de-queued like they currently are pre-champ select. What are the downsides to this?

Spherous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Woo! a 3v5 in ranked. The Darius (a summoner named ThePikard, dodge if you see him), afked from the beginning, and the blitz (a summoner named Wytemajyk, dodge if you see him as well) rage quit. After checking Darius' match history, he has 2 leaves in ranked games in the last 10 games. Wow. So dumb. Why do people get away with even 1 leave in a ranked game? And the Blitz wasn't even ranked. Why am I being paired with players who are not even ranked yet? Dumbbbb.

Why does this **** happen in ranked? Why are these 2 players not perma banned yet? dumb.

Ramenhaus

12-07-2012

bump

Vesuvias

12-08-2012

Solution:

Step 1: Allow players to add people to their ignore lists outside of a game / results screen / in champ select.
Step 2: Don't match people with people on their ignore list.
Step 3: Try garlic salt with freshly popped popcorn. It is awesome.

Related post: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2881286

hadji

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Looking at all the posts on this forum, do you guys think a "group finder" function or "Champion Select Chat in Tribunal" can displace the need of a "vote kick" function?
Adding my voice in support of champ select chat in tribunal, for what it's worth. Happened to me just last night, where some ****** was trolling even before match started then tried to get the other team to report people in game.

Neahkahnie

12-08-2012

Something should to be done.

Hopefully there are plans to extend the tribunal into champ select. This is really getting ridiculous. It not really worth the frustration.

Vesuvias

12-09-2012

Nearly everyone in this thread who wants this role based match making system is trying to lock players into the "sheep" meta. This is a bad idea.

Arcticfury

12-10-2012

Old Meta doesn't work, new Meta is Diana top, Diana mid, Diana jungle, Diana apc, Nami sup. Insta win. Now we just need more Diana's and all will be well.