Cho'gath Hidden Gem?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Cho'Gath Mid seems dominating in ranked but when Cho is spoke about on the forums..he is spoke about like Nasus. A tanky top who doesn't fit into the meta...Is he a hidden gem?

Stormsoul

11-21-2012

farmed cho'gath is a raid boss

Siky

11-21-2012

He's not a hidden gem, it's just he requires a bit more work than most dominant champs to do the same thing with. He has 2 short CD CCs and a true damage ult on a relatively low CD and he's supposed to be built tanky, however he can go top, mid and jungle. Not sure why he would be considered anything other than good.

Nasus is a different story. He has 1 CC and can only really be built tanky. Even so, he lacks damage if he doesn't farm well which is supposed to be his trade off for damage. His slow being unaffected by tenacity is cool, but that in and of itself does pretty much nothing in a team fight, it's still a slow when it comes down to it and it's not nearly as useful as a stun or snare.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siky View Post
He's not a hidden gem, it's just he requires a bit more work than most dominant champs to do the same thing with. He has 2 short CD CCs and a true damage ult on a relatively low CD and he's supposed to be built tanky, however he can go top, mid and jungle. Not sure why he would be considered anything other than good.

Nasus is a different story. He has 1 CC and can only really be built tanky. Even so, he lacks damage if he doesn't farm well which is supposed to be his trade off for damage. His slow being unaffected by tenacity is cool, but that in and of itself does pretty much nothing in a team fight, it's still a slow when it comes down to it and it's not nearly as useful as a stun or snare.

The problem i see with nasus is you would need a complete re re work to make him good in the current meta

MandyMemory

11-21-2012

Cho is fine mid, top, or jungle. He just doesn't have that...something that makes people OP and popular.

He does have a lot of build paths though, unlike most champions.

Cronofuge

11-21-2012

He's a fan favorite, nobody wants to see him nerfed.

TheGrandDuelist

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronofuge View Post
He's a fan favorite, nobody wants to see him nerfed.
I do.

bruce ıee

11-21-2012

The forums are usually off in their assessment of balance. If they're saying that Cho'Gath is bad, then take it with a grain of salt. Remember, not too long ago these forums were always filled with tears and Sion/Tryndamere OP threads.
Cho is not bad, he has ridiculous innate sustain, becomes naturally tanky, and has a freaking a.o.e knockup + 3 second silence (longest silence in the game, if I'm not mistaken). Very difficult to force out of lane, and is reasonably effective in team fights. He's not bad at all, he's a solid champ.

Arcane Azmadi

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTestament View Post
Cho'Gath Mid seems dominating in ranked but when Cho is spoke about on the forums..he is spoke about like Nasus. A tanky top who doesn't fit into the meta...Is he a hidden gem?
What...?

Who the hell compares Cho to Nasus? I thought EVERYONE knew that he's borderline OP? He's just so all-around strong and so versatile, packing so much CC and able to both take and dish out so much damage, that it's almost ridiculous. Seriously, Cho is one of my best and favourite champions because he's just so damn strong!

Rooster Raiden

11-21-2012

Cho is an immovable object in lane and has strong team fight presence.

He fits into numerous compositions well.

He's simply not overplayed but I'd argue he's due for a sustain nerf.