Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You won't be banned for having bad games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crumblerumble

11-21-2012

Quote:
Postal Twinkie:
Not just the cases shown in Tribunal, but the account history and all reports against it. This is a key point people often forget in these threads.

yeah most people don't read doctor lytes post about the tribunal, i honestly thing a write up should be stickied on the forums.

to even show up on the tribunal you need a LARGE amount of reports within a small time frame You pretty much have to exhibit pretty poor behavior consistently within a short time frame to even be sent to the tribunal. Than it randomly picks a few games that the players get to vote on. (this means that he was reported in a LOT more games than just these two).

Getting banned for a week pretty much means you've been pretty toxic to other players experiences pretty frequently and quite often.

they just really need to sticky a thread that explains the tribunal to people who clearly do not understand it. you see these threads EVERYDAY and every single time a rioter comes in he'll bring up other game logs that just show repulsive behavior for the most part.

This wasn't directed at you but more for the people who do not understand how the tribunal works

EmeryDuh

Recruiter

11-21-2012

Quote:
ThereRnoIDs:
I swear nothing but lies
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5874821/#nogo

I support you. You did nothing Toxic, simply just a bad set of games.

Please, Riot, consider revoking this ban.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-21-2012

Quote:
Crumblerumble:
yeah most people don't read doctor lytes post about the tribunal, i honestly thing a write up should be stickied on the forums.

to even show up on the tribunal you need a LARGE amount of reports within a small time frame You pretty much have to exhibit pretty poor behavior consistently within a short time frame to even be sent to the tribunal. Than it randomly picks a few games that the players get to vote on. (this means that he was reported in a LOT more games than just these two).

Getting banned for a week pretty much means you've been pretty toxic to other players experiences pretty frequently and quite often.

they just really need to sticky a thread that explains the tribunal to people who clearly do not understand it. you see these threads EVERYDAY and every single time a rioter comes in he'll bring up other game logs that just show repulsive behavior for the most part.

This wasn't directed at you but more for the people who do not understand how the tribunal works

I would be a fan of a sticky on Tribunal.

BestPlayerAIive

11-21-2012

Quote:
Postal Twinkie:
Not just the cases shown in Tribunal, but the account history and all reports against it. This is a key point people often forget in these threads.

Here's the problem. This person wasn't banned for stuff unseen to the Tribunal, he was banned for those games, which aren't ban worthy. Maybe he should be banned anyway, but that isn't exactly the point here.

On top of that the fact that a ban has been reversed in the past speaks volumes for errors being a possibility.

Again, I'm one of the people who won't punish one innocent to get ninety-nine guilty people convicted, I realize not everyone is of a similar mindset.

Crumblerumble

11-21-2012

Quote:
EmeryDuh:
I support you. You did nothing Toxic, simply just a bad set of games.

Please, Riot, consider revoking this ban.

they viewed his account history, and the OTHER GAMES THAT DID NOT SHOW UP ON THE TRIBUNAL, an assessed him to be toxic to the community and deserving of these bans.

HE WAS NOT BANNED FOR THESE TWO GAMES.

ecstaSTEVE

11-21-2012

Quote:
BestPlayerAIive:
Here's the problem. This person wasn't banned for stuff unseen to the Tribunal, he was banned for those games, which aren't ban worthy. Maybe he should be banned anyway, but that isn't exactly the point here.

this is the point everyone should see

ZzObscurityzZ

11-21-2012

Quote:
BestPlayerAIive:
Naw, I think I'll stick around. Prepubescent rage makes me lul.

I'm glad you implemented this new rule of if you have at least two deaths and your teammates flame you that you are obligated to tell them you are muting them and/or apologize.

You remind me of the people who say, "play better" as if its some magical spell.

Edit: Just as a heads up, if you let anger take you over this easily I can pretty much guarantee the Tribunal will be visiting your accounts for some permaban loving some day soon.

You remind me of the people who dont read the entire case and just throw out assumptions.

Janna/MF are the only two people who said anything towards brand.
Rengar offered advice to be more passive.
Cho actually said nothing to brand.

If you're muting your entire team based off of two players.. You deserve to be punished for failing to communicate two "toxic" players doesnt warrent muting your entire team when one is actually trying to help you.. and the other doesnt care.

Your defense is completely moot in this discussion.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-21-2012

Quote:
BestPlayerAIive:

On top of that the fact that a ban has been reversed in the past speaks volumes for errors being a possibility.

Again, I'm one of the people who won't punish one innocent to get ninety-nine guilty people convicted, I realize not everyone is of a similar mindset.

Incorrect, he wouldn't have been banned just off these cases. These are simply a sampling of cases shown to him, this has been discussed at length. People confuse the reform card with being an "End all be all" show of the reported persons behavior. In reality it is simply a sample of a much larger number of reports.

Do you honestly think Riot, or any game company worth their salt, is going to look at 2 games and go "Yea! Ban!", especially with what are relativity minor things? The only time I have seen this sort of thing happen are in the RARE cases where the reported person isn't sent through tribunal. It is the situation where they are so toxic, using every racial slur on the planet towards everyone, that another player takes a screen shot and sends it directly to Riot.

The reform card DOES NOT show every case and is only a small SAMPLE of the total number of reports on a player!

ecstaSTEVE

11-21-2012

Quote:
Crumblerumble:

HE WAS NOT BANNED FOR THESE TWO GAMES.

he got a reform card, therefore went through the tribunal. tribunal cases listed are those two. he got banned for those too.

riot wasnt involved directly, tribunal only

Devastator Jones

11-21-2012

Quote:
Dysiree:
Seriously dude you need to GTFO of this thread.

Look at game 2 more closely. You looking?

No one talks to brand until 20minutes. He's clearly died a few times to kass before then based off of what Kass has said in chat.

Lets go on the fact as soon as the first bad thing comes from someones mouth saying negative things he mutes his entire team. He didnt even communicate the fact he was muting them if he did at all.

FAILING TO COMMUNICATE. PERIOD. This thread is over

There is no evidence of failing to communicate. The game doesn't account for the use of signals - which are vital to communication. I also see no evidence of him muting his team. He did what I would have done in response to a teammate trolling me : (i.e. NOT RESPOND) The best response to a troll accusation of feeding is no response. His teammates were being jerks. Rather than understanding that sometimes a person can lose a lane to a hard counter or get outplayed they chose to rashly accuse someone of feeding with no proof.

Like I said, the case against this guy is weak at best. This isn't even a punish on a particularly harsh day IMO.