Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You won't be banned for having bad games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZzObscurityzZ

11-21-2012

Quote:
Eyuva:
In this case we had two reports which were questionable at best - but both are clearly pardonable.

The OP

1) Got Outplayed - likely heavily - Kassadin is a counter to Brand in mid.
2) Showed no intention to feed. Nor was his build punishable.
3) Use of All Caps to show that he wanted mid in chat is mildly annoying but inoffensive.

The Other Players

1) Kassadin was offensive
2) Teammates offered no help, except to advise him to be less aggressive (only once)
3) Teammates were rude towards the OP in the Diana game - rather than diplomatically suggesting to the OP to stay in lane.
4) Diana is a mid. Mids tend to roam a fair bit.

But Lastly : There is NO hard evidence to punish in this case. Show me where exactly did Diana or Brand feed or assist the enemy team as opposed to getting outplayed in either of these two games. You Can't. Ergo, that DEMANDS a pardon.

Show me the PROOF. You can't prove the OP did anything wrong in these games - other than getting outplayed. Merely relying on the chat logs of complaining teammates is not PROOF of anything.

Actually there is hard evidence in game 2 to punish.. Failing to communicate with your team. Last time I check that is a punishable offense.

Strados

11-21-2012

Quote:
Dysiree:
To me it's starting to look some people in this thread dont understand how the tribunal works.. As a recent victim of a timeban(3-4 days) I decided to do a little digging to find out exactly what is a punish and how it works. So i could not only try to shed light into it more accurately but also avoid going back..

You're only suppose to read the PURPLE chat.. It doesnt matter if his entire team is badmouthing him.. If his teammates are being toxic they will eventually end up in the tribunal as well and be punished accordingly.. Your job as a tribunal player is to judge if the accused has broken ANY punishable offense whether it be for one of the reported text reasons or any reason that you know of.. Just because he's maybe reported for spamming but you dont see spamming you dont just pardon him.. If you see negative attitude you hit that punish..

As for the second game and the snowball excuse that is running around and also not knowing the exact reason for the report.. Again doesnt matter.. Did the accused break ANY rule that you know of.. the answer is YES..

Failing to communicate with your team is a PUNISHABLE offense. Period. End of Discussion.

And one more thing. You only need to find one bad thing in the 2 reports to punish he doesnt need to be guilty in both of them.. Although IMO he is.

isn't it hard for some people communicate with others who are just harrassing? because that situation can get really frustrating
i find it hard to respond to someone who is saying:

Flamer: f*** you you're a ******, feeder dumb !"·$!"·$ everyone report pls
me: Why I'm sorry mister, I understand your rage, but understand me as well, i'm doing the best i can and blablablah (puts on the fancy hat and monocle)

i mean, sometimes you just feel bad about the game, and flamers don't help the communication going. if anything, they should be the ones getting reported for failing to communicate (AND verbal abuse).
again, this is just an example. but it does show that "NOT talking" is not a situation as east as autopunish

BEST AFGHANISTAN

11-21-2012

Quote:
Postal Twinkie:
Hey dude that can't read....anything....look again.

I clearly stated what the OP went in my post, as well as why I was discussing a 0/15/0 score.

Depending on the time between action taken against him by Tribunal and Riot he has had....

A warning.
1 Day suspension.
3 Day suspension.
1 Week suspension.
2 Week suspension.

The two situations where the above timeline doesn't apply is if you are reported in mass over a very short period of time, and votes to punish are cast, or you take other extremely horrible action. In these two situations you can go from a warning to 2 week ban, or longer.

who the hell are you

BestPlayerAIive

11-21-2012

Quote:
Dysiree:
Actually there is hard evidence in game 2 to punish.. Failing to communicate with your team. Last time I check that is a punishable offense.

Last time I checked you are allowed to mute people. Riot encourages this when people are harassing you. If you can get reported for muting your team when they harass you that seems to be illogical.

But hey, who needs logic. Let's just derp away at the Punish button while not reading the reports.

ecstaSTEVE

11-21-2012

i've seen a lot of legitimate tribunal complaints, but this takes the cake.

absolutely no reason for a warning/suspension/ban/punishment.

BEST AFGHANISTAN

11-21-2012

Everyone knows the Tribunal is so ****ing corrupt. Someone can call you a mother****ing *****, threaten to rape you and your mother, all for dying foolishly in game. And those same people will report you for "feeding" and YOU'RE gonna get banned cuz you responded with a stfu.

TeamWorkTom

11-21-2012

Quote:
BestPlayerAIive:
Oh, I'm discredited because I made an analogy that you don't care for? Well, while I absolutely hate to get into the social networking garbage, the upvotes/downvotes disagree with you. And if we want to get into the Arena of public opinion mattering/Tribunal that seems incredibly relevant.

But to humor you, last time I checked Brand doesn't have heals or shields and is incredibly squishy and liable to be bursted very easily in team fights.

On top of that. I SEE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME, INCLUDING IN RANKED GO 0/X/0. You want to know how? Easy, they get destroyed in lane, teamfight/roam period doesn't last long or at all before surrender vote at 20.

But I mean, you have thousands of games. It's not like anyone else has played since beta and had different experiences? DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES? HOGWASH!

I know right? This guy probably plays with friends or has played this type of game since Wc3 Dota. You get people that have never heard of a moba/arts play this game, against people such as my self that has played WC3 Dota you are going to get some retarded looking scores.

It happened all the time leveling up to 30. It was pretty stupid how bad some people were. I don't think many of the people that play these games understand how new this genre of video game is and that most people have no gaming foundation that will help them be good at this type of game.

ZzObscurityzZ

11-21-2012

Quote:
Strados:
isn't it hard for some people communicate with others who are just harrassing? because that situation can get really frustrating
i find it hard to respond to someone who is saying:

Flamer: f*** you you're a ******, feeder dumb !"·$!"·$ everyone report pls
me: Why I'm sorry mister, I understand your rage, but understand me as well, i'm doing the best i can and blablablah (puts on the fancy hat and monocle)

i mean, sometimes you just feel bad about the game, and flamers don't help the communication going. if anything, they should be the ones getting reported for failing to communicate (AND verbal abuse).
again, this is just an example. but it does show that "NOT talking" is not a situation as east as autopunish

"Rengar [00:23:58] brand play les agressive "

If someone asked that. Would seriously no one say a single thing to it? I mean honestly.

I was the OP I would of said "Sorry guys I'm having the worst game I've ever had, I'll try picking it up".

Is that really so difficult to communicate back? He didnt say one MIA in a game where if the snowball effect was in.. Kass was probably roaming like crazy.. Like wow.. I'm starting to understand why I got banned now.. 90% of the people dont understand the tribunal in the first place..

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-21-2012

Quote:
inbeforeboolay:
who the hell are you

I am Postal Twinkie!

I was an American favorite until they shut me down, now I am thinking about calling myself Raging Twinkie over the entire ordeal. You should see CupCake, he is pretty sad right now...

Snowball is doing alright, but that is because everyone loves snowballs.

I wonder what Wonder Bread is doing these days.....

--------------------

More seriously, the information I posted is semi-public knowledge. I even know of people who have had 2 and 3 bans that were 3 days each because the time between them was so long.

Quote:
BestPlayerAIive:
Last time I checked you are allowed to mute people. Riot encourages this when people are harassing you. If you can get reported for muting your team when they harass you that seems to be illogical.

But hey, who needs logic. Let's just derp away at the Punish button while not reading the reports.

Yea, I wouldn't have wanted to speak with those team mates he had either. So his not communicating in Game 2 is more than understandable.

AxeFresh

11-21-2012

Quote:
ThereRnoIDs:
I swear nothing but lies
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5874821/#nogo

Tribunal working as intended.

I mean, they gave full power to the community. What do you expect, with a community full of nothing but trolls?

Clearly a genius plan that is working without any flaws at all.