Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You won't be banned for having bad games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

11-21-2012

It's almost depressing that you got banned for that.

BestPlayerAIive

11-21-2012

Quote:
Postal Twinkie:
The fact that you are willing to bring gun ownership and murder into a conversation about a video game ban, completely discredits everything you have said or are thinking about saying on the subject.

If you are in a game, and you are really trying, even if you have a bad game, you will over the course of that game get at least one assist. The system is DESIGNED to do this! The only way you can not get a single kill or assist is if you...

Do not take any positive action towards a person on your team; Healing, Shielding, etc.

Do not attack the enemy team with the intent to actually kill them.

Do not participate in any team fight.

The only way, by design, that you are going to get zero assists over the course of a game and no kills, is if you COMPLETELY avoid combat with your team. It is the only way, period. You have to literally do next to nothing to achieve a 0/xx/0 score.

Oh, I'm discredited because I made an analogy that you don't care for? Well, while I absolutely hate to get into the social networking garbage, the upvotes/downvotes disagree with you. And if we want to get into the Arena of public opinion mattering/Tribunal that seems incredibly relevant.

But to humor you, last time I checked Brand doesn't have heals or shields and is incredibly squishy and liable to be bursted very easily in team fights.

On top of that. I SEE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME, INCLUDING IN RANKED GO 0/X/0. You want to know how? Easy, they get destroyed in lane, teamfight/roam period doesn't last long or at all before surrender vote at 20.

But I mean, you have thousands of games. It's not like anyone else has played since beta and had different experiences? DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES? HOGWASH!

Peillach

11-21-2012

Honestly, I hope your behavior continues without you learning anything, and that next time you are permabanned

Devastator Jones

11-21-2012

Quote:
Bridgeburnr:
Yeah, those reports are ****, but I do know you don't get banned from just one game of reports

In this case we had two reports which were questionable at best - but both are clearly pardonable.

The OP

1) Got Outplayed - likely heavily - Kassadin is a counter to Brand in mid.
2) Showed no intention to feed. Nor was his build punishable.
3) Use of All Caps to show that he wanted mid in chat is mildly annoying but inoffensive.

The Other Players

1) Kassadin was offensive
2) Teammates offered no help, except to advise him to be less aggressive (only once)
3) Teammates were rude towards the OP in the Diana game - rather than diplomatically suggesting to the OP to stay in lane.
4) Diana is a mid. Mids tend to roam a fair bit. Diana has decent ganks, no it doesn't surprise me that she left her lane.

In Conclusion : There is NO hard evidence to punish in this case. Show me where exactly did Diana or Brand feed or assist the enemy team as opposed to getting outplayed in either of these two games. You Can't. Ergo, that DEMANDS a pardon.

Show me the PROOF. You can't prove the OP did anything wrong in these games - other than getting outplayed. Merely relying on the chat logs of complaining teammates is not PROOF of anything.

And Lastly : We've ALL had bad games like this at one time or another. To punish for "getting outplayed" is just plain wrong and unless you can find PROOF of feeding or assisting then you should pardon as per the instructions on how to decide tribunal cases. I suggest that everyone go and READ AGAIN the instructions on how to make a decision in Tribunal Cases. Read it two or three times if you have to.

People jump the gun and assume too much. While offensive language like the "r" word and "gg noobs" clearly represent offensive language and poor sportsmanship in clear cut terms, this case has no such offensive language. The OP got outplayed, plain and simple and there is no proof to the contrary.

Dulu

11-21-2012

Seeing as how you were given a 2-week ban, this is not your first encounter with the tribunal.

You've been warned, and given a 1-day suspension prior to this.

This 2-week ban is probably in the hopes of getting you to reform your overall toxic behaviour, not just the two games shown on the tribunal.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-21-2012

Quote:
TeamWorkTom:
Hey dude that can't read numbers. Look at it again. 3/15/10.

Hey dude that can't read....anything....look again.

I clearly stated what the OP went in my post, as well as why I was discussing a 0/15/0 score.

Quote:
Dulu:
Seeing as how you were given a 2-week ban, this is not your first encounter with the tribunal.

This 2-week ban is probably in the hopes of getting you to reform your overall toxic behaviour, not just the two games shown on the tribunal.

Depending on the time between action taken against him by Tribunal and Riot he has had....

A warning.
1 Day suspension.
3 Day suspension.
1 Week suspension.
2 Week suspension.

The two situations where the above timeline doesn't apply is if you are reported in mass over a very short period of time, and votes to punish are cast, or you take other extremely horrible action. In these two situations you can go from a warning to 2 week ban, or longer.

BestPlayerAIive

11-21-2012

Quote:
Dulu:

Except according to the Tribunal his first ban and warning could've been for exactly the same thing, which is doing absolutely nothing wrong and getting punished anyway.

BEST AFGHANISTAN

11-21-2012

I wish they would remove the ****ing tribunal.

Veskulios

11-21-2012

bump

JesterTheJoker

11-21-2012

I don't often comment on these types of threads, but honeestly, this never should have been a ban...