Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

arclight varus - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valason

11-27-2012

Um... i do not know if this has been pointed out or not, But is there any plan on putting a necklace for arclight Varus? from what things i have seen his idle animation and all he does is stare at his hand and close while implace the necklace use to be.]

Oh some one pointed it out too.

Capt Carmine

Recruiter

11-27-2012

I have a question regarind blight crystal varus, why doesnt he get the blue particle that the arclight skin gets, the pink particle doesnt fit with the skin in my opinion, and for the arclight skin why doesnt it get a more silver particle.

Thebeshian

11-27-2012

Quote:
Daemon:
I found a bug with the skin: After getting blue buff, a random orb of golden light appeared that follows Varus around. I thought that after it expired, it would go away, but it didn't. Also, dying did not make it go away.

Pictures of the bug! (http://imgur.com/a/v1HmK)

(Ignore the build, I was testing out this AP Varus thing everyone was going nuts over on reddit yesterday.)

Other critiques:

* His arm without the bow looks way too long. When he is running, it looks like his fist can almost touch the ground. Looking at the model on LoLKing, the arm without the bow is actually longer than his bow arm. This probably needs to be fixed. This is also a problem on his Default skin, but not on his Blight Crystal skin. With the old running animation, it looked fine, but now it just makes him look ape-like. Since he is fully human in this skin, it looks ridiculous.

* I feel like his E needs to be a different color or at least fit in more. I suggest the feathery particles rising up from the ground (sort of the same particles floating off of the bow), but keeping the black on the ground.

* Make his ult just a bit more visible when it is rooting someone. Maybe make it more golden and less black? Varus' ult has always had visibility issues.

Congratulations, you have managed to find the passive graphic for Runaan's Hurricane, an item equipped in your inventory to the lower left. Thank you for reporting what you thought was a bug, though, and I agree with your critiques. Also, I think the particles on Tendril of Corruption are too dense. (Maybe gold/grey rather than gold/black, or at least less intense, like his Piercing Arrows.)

dêx

11-29-2012

Quote:
Ursa Arçadius:
Brilliant white angel wings during his 40% passive bonus from assist / kill. That would look amazing.

Edit: Instead of his bow glowing he could gain wings which flare depending on the strength of his passive.

brilliant idea

Rusios

11-30-2012

I had an issue with Archlight Varus's Q.

I was charging it up against Soraka, and it didn't fire when I released Q (was smartcasting). Instead Varus held it until the spell expired. I'm assuming Soraka used her silence on me, but I never saw the ( / ) thing over me.

Thrones

12-01-2012

alright riot, you win this round. you took the filter off his voice and it sounds wonderful and despite already having blight crystal varus, i'm just going to buy the hell out of this skin the day it comes out and play all varus all day. it's like you have a little key to my wallet. well played.

A Bad Varus

12-01-2012

Quote:
Rusios:
I had an issue with Archlight Varus's Q.

I was charging it up against Soraka, and it didn't fire when I released Q (was smartcasting). Instead Varus held it until the spell expired. I'm assuming Soraka used her silence on me, but I never saw the ( / ) thing over me.

I've had this before with regular/Blight Crystal as well. I remember once I was charging the Q and got ulted by a Jarvan which somehow prevented me from firing the arrow. It's a rare bug, but I've got it a few times.

Quote:
RavenOfHearts:
alright riot, you win this round. you took the filter off his voice and it sounds wonderful and despite already having blight crystal varus, i'm just going to buy the hell out of this skin the day it comes out and play all varus all day. it's like you have a little key to my wallet. well played.

Also, this. ^ I want to fly to California and personally hand you my wallet for this skin. I'm never going to use Blight Crystal or ... any other champion ever again.

AgentScreech

12-01-2012

Not sure if it's intended or not, but using Arclight Varus, I built an AP build, with the stacks detonating 36% (5% from max skill and 7% from AP x 3) of the targets max HP unmitigated. The tool tip says that it's max is 360 (or something close to that) for monsters. I noticed that when I detonated the stacks on a super minion, it hit for 1680. Even red and blue buff were over 400. not sure if the buffs and super minions aren't "monsters" so it affects them differently, or it's a bug. Dragon and Baron seemed to be affected normally

phar0ah1

12-02-2012

The skin is nice and clean and now the voice matches as well. Gonna buy it when its released on the live servers for sure.

Capt Carmine

Recruiter

12-02-2012

My question is why does archlight Varus have white blight stack, and why does his ultimate have a completely different particle. as far as I knew you couldnt change the particles of abilities that affected other champions, I heard that is why bioforge Darius could not have green bleed stacks,

P.S I am not saying we shouldnt change the particles for archlight Varus, I'm asking why the change in how you do things now