Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

arclight varus - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-20-2012

these threads have been really helpful, so i want to start one up for the new arclight varus skin.
same drill as before: please post bug reports and feedback here. i'll be reading this thread regularly until the skin's release.

thanks in advance!

ChrysaorFug

11-20-2012

I don't know if this is still 'in effect' but upon watching the preview video his W 'pop' animation/particle was still that purple color, looked kind of out of place.

Thrones

11-20-2012

I know this is being really nitpicky, but would it be too much to ask/too difficult to remove the filter from his voice? It's kind of hard to sell me on a non-corrupted Varus when his voice has a demonic rumble to it. Just my two cents.

A bouncy Furret

11-20-2012

Brilliant white angel wings during his 40% passive bonus from assist / kill. That would look amazing.

Edit: Instead of his bow glowing he could gain wings which flare depending on the strength of his passive.

SCJ

11-21-2012

I'd have to agree with the removal of the voice filter. It just doesn't fit the skin at all

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-21-2012

Quote:
SCJ:
I'd have to agree with the removal of the voice filter. It just doesn't fit the skin at all

i'll ask the team about it. thanks for the suggestion!

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

11-21-2012

Quote:
ChrysaorFug:
I don't know if this is still 'in effect' but upon watching the preview video his W 'pop' animation/particle was still that purple color, looked kind of out of place.

We just fixed an issue with this, turns out the correct yellow particle was being used for three stack detonations but not for one or two stack detonations. Should be in the next PBE build whenever that goes out.

Astounded

11-21-2012

They should change the voice filter, instead of removing it

Dentzu

11-21-2012

Just loaded up a custom with the skin, and uh, first day buy. Holy hell. It's beautiful. I'll edit when I play a full game with him on any further particle/whatever inconsistencies but damn Riot... good job with this skin.

Edit,

Couple things I noted were that the passive stacks seemed excessively noticeable, and would definitely look obnoxious on an enemy champion with one of the golem buffs or Baron, or worse, all three (or even Runaans orb thing...). I like the brightness, but maybe smaller size? The ult animation is amazeballs, and while I surely do love the small projectile on his Q (actual arrow size not giant dog red rocket colored arrow), I feel like people will be confused that the hitbox is reflected in the particle trail of the arrow as opposed to the arrow itself. Lots of "omg that didn't hit me wtf nerf". The voice is obviously out of place, but that's been mentioned. That's what I've gathered in the time it took me to hit 6. <3 this skin.

NotBuzzJack

11-21-2012

The particle for his passive on minion kill looks really out of place. It's this random blue glow that doesn't compliment the skin at all.

One of his idle animations doesn't fit either. The one where his arm starts to spazz and he holds it down with his other hand. I'd replace it with something else.

Also please do not make this skin 1350.