Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat Quality of Life suggestion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kosall

11-20-2012

I feel like the active on Tiamat and Ravenous Hydra adds a lot to the game and I'm pleased as punch with the item. I do feel that a quality of life upgrade for the item might make it more effective and less disruptive for the caster while in combat.

Currently, Tiamat/RH has a sort-of channel when cast that interrupts the flow of whatever the caster is doing at the time of cast. I realize this is working as intended but I feel that it messes with AD casters ability to chase--something vital to the role--while maximizing damage potential.

This is the same QoL that was given to Rengar's W and it made him a much more potent (too potent?) chasing machine.

That I know of, no other active in the game has such a channel, so why Tiamat? Wouldn't it be worth opening up the PBE to a channel-less Tiamat and see how the community handles it?

Again, I LOVE the item and consider it an amazing addition to the options of LoL, but I feel that this small change would cause a lot less confusion for the caster in the middle of combat. Riven is my main and it's definitely a huge disruption when you're trying to weave AAs in between Broken Wings casts and keep them locked down with Ki Burst.

Hopefully I can at least get a red to tell me "Hey we did test it internally and it was too good" or "Hey that's not a bad idea we will try it and see if it makes the item more fun." Thanks guys and I love what you're doing with the game in season 3.

Zoram

11-20-2012

yeah really ruins it when you lose an enemy because of the channel time.

Sambrosia

11-21-2012

I support this completely.

Kosall

11-21-2012

This has 112 views and my original post only has +3.

Guess the community has spoken, and has the utmost apathy to this issue.

namora

11-21-2012

It's more that there's not much to comment on. Many of us are just silently agreeing with nothing to say about it. You'll get more replies if this were controversial, but it's not, so it won't.

Dragonsafe

11-21-2012

I agree, i bought it on talon and got so infuriated with it. When you only have 1-2 seconds to fire off your full combo and gtfo or die, an item with a long cast time isn't helping at all.

Also using the active will reduce the damage you do in a 1v1 engagement as it prevents you from auto attacking or using abilities that would do more damage.

Catnium

11-21-2012

I support this

doombotMECHA

11-21-2012

bump

Kosall

11-21-2012

Glad to see support for this. I think it would really improve combat flow if the cast was seamless.

ReluctantFantasy

11-21-2012

Honestly I dont see how it would be a problem to have this added on.

I actually dislike the new tiamat, no not because it sucks its actually godlike but the price is really really high especially for an item that provides such little defenses. If the gold was lowered it would be a good option to build into going into late game for hydra

I know for fiora and Gp tiamat/hydra is definitely core now

The main problem is that I would like to have tiamat while building some decent items and the game doesn't go on for longer than 30 mins most of the time and if you cant farm properly with the tiamat between the time you get it usually around 15-19 mins and almost endgame where the battles start roaming happens mid tower goes down etc its actually really bad.

This is my point of view of the item at the moment what do you guys think of it besides the QOL change