Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends now has Disgaea 4's Fusion/Machigange system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavageMinnow

11-20-2012

Hypothetically, of course. Misspelled title hurts my soul. MAGICHANGE, not machigange.

Explanation: Magichange is when a monster-type character (champion) becomes a weapon for a human-type champion, increasing power and granting 2 additional attack skills based on the monster. Fusion is when two monsters assimilate, becoming giant and more powerful, as well as increasing the AoE and range of the primary monster's skills. "Monster" is considered to be any non-human. To be clear, there is no option for two humans combining. 1 monster is Magichange, 2 monsters is fusion..

Magichange Rules:

1) Magichange confers 25% of the all monster's stats to the holder, except movement speed. The monster becomes whatever weapon the human already naturally uses. This means it can be used as an emergency 25% heal/mana replenish at the cost of the monster's existence.

2) Magichange lasts 30 seconds, after which it "kills" the monster, activating its respawn timer for 75% of its normal length.

3) The monster's passive is passed to the human for the duration, who now has both passives.

4) A fifth skill, T on standard controls, is added to the human. It is based on the way the monster champion plays and the weapon type it became. It is equal in level to the monster's ultimate. The skill itself is similar in strength to an ultimate, and can be used only once during the magichange.

5) Both the human and the monster gain 100% of all experience and gold earned while magichanged, essentially doubling earnings for the team.

Fusion Rules:

1) Fusion confers 25% of the absorbed monster's stats to the host, except movement speed. The host becomes twice as large, but toherwise remains visually unchanged, think Lulu ultimate.

2) Fused monsters lose 5% of their maximum mana per second, and defuse when out of mana. The host cannot override this with massive mana regen, it will always lose at least 2.5% per second. When the host runs out of mana, it splits back into 2 champions, both with 0 mana. If two manaless champions fuse, they get 30 seconds and cannot use again for 3 minutes. Energy is treated as manaless.

3) The host gains the absorbed monster's passive in addition to its own.

4) All skills gain additional range and AoE size.

5) Both monster gain 100% of all experience and money earned, essentially doubling earnings for the team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Example:

I play as Draven, an allied level 6 Twitch Magichanges into my axes. I gain a bunch of cool ADC stats, and twitch's DoT poison on hit.
My T skill unlocks and becomes purge. Purge causes me to throw a piercing axe which sucks the poison out of any and all targets it hits, then begins to turn around and shoves every single stack of poison it's sucked up into the first target it hits on the return. This ignores the previous cap of 6 stacks, but does cap at 24
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

Well that ended up being way more typing than I'd expected. Obviously, I've been playing too much Disgaea again. Anyone have any interesting combos that could come of this?

(Advanced Disgaea players may feel free to describe giant Magichange or Dual Magichange options, if they want. I'm not explaining those.)

IS158c8c0ff26bb6

11-20-2012

So, if I understand this correctly...

I can have a giant Karthus using massive AoE bombs with built-in Morgana spellvamp?

But I'd run out of mana in no time flat. I still want it, especially since I can just die when my mana begins to run low, then it gets auto-maxed and I'll have a bunch more time to spam powered up super-spells.

I get the feeling Karthus will be a really popular combo champion, here.

Avarosa Ashe

11-20-2012

Quote:
XenoMorphix:
So, if I understand this correctly...

I can have a giant Karthus using massive AoE bombs with built-in Morgana spellvamp?

But I'd run out of mana in no time flat. I still want it, especially since I can just die when my mana begins to run low, then it gets auto-maxed and I'll have a bunch more time to spam powered up super-spells.

I get the feeling Karthus will be a really popular combo champion, here.

I dunno, is Morgana counted as a monster? I don't think she can fuse since she's Human-ish.

I want Lux with a Kog'Maw-Rod. I don't care too much for his passive as Lux, but my new T skill would be something like Ooze Bomb, which would drop and AoE slowing glob of damaging ooze on target (long range) location, doing damage as it lands. More AoE poke! MOOOORE!

... Would it still apply Lux's passive, I wonder?

SavageMinnow

11-20-2012

Quote:
AsheCrestfall:
I dunno, is Morgana counted as a monster? I don't think she can fuse since she's Human-ish.

I want Lux with a Kog'Maw-Rod. I don't care too much for his passive as Lux, but my new T skill would be something like Ooze Bomb, which would drop and AoE slowing glob of damaging ooze on target (long range) location, doing damage as it lands. More AoE poke! MOOOORE!

... Would it still apply Lux's passive, I wonder?

I did say any non-human is considered a monster, and Morgana is a fallen angel, so I guess she's a monster?

Also, yes, Lux's passive is applied by any of her skills, so it would still apply that. Lol.

Rammblin20

11-20-2012

I'll take a Dual Giant Magichange.

First, Alistar fuses into Brand.
Second, Twitch fuses into Warwick.

Then, they both magichange into weapons for Jax, who apparently now dual-wields living lamp posts. Notice this is an actual standard team composition, as well.

Jax gets ridiculous stat buffs, gains the ability to use all his skills except T twice before they go on cooldown (Perk of dual magichange.) All his skills hit in a small area around himself from the giant fusions. His skills cause %health magic DoT and his auto's deal bonus magic damage/healing, from Brand and WW repectively.

He gets one T skill from each monster. Brand's (the first T skill) blows up for magic damage and a 1 second stun around himself in a moderately large area. WW's donated T Causes him to go into a blood frenzy, increasing attack speed by another 75% and gaining 50% lifesteal/spellvamp for 8 seconds. After 30 seconds, his entire team, aside from himself, must respawn.

And that's the story of how I 1*v5d your team.

*It was still actually a 5v5 but I was doing everything.

SavageMinnow

11-20-2012

I didn't know Rammblin was a Disgaea fan. Well played, there's not even anything troll-related in there.

CaptainMÃ¥rvelous

11-20-2012

Darius with Garen
Or Garen with Darius.

Where is your god? Because he's not here.

sodipop

11-20-2012

Kog fuses into Karth. Now, Karthus dies, positions himself, blows up, and has another 8 seconds to cast.

That's just silly.

Quote:
CaptanMarvelous:
Darius with Garen
Or Garen with Darius.

Where is your god? Because he's not here.

But.. they're both human. All you get when you try to fuse those two is a gay fanfiction.

SavageMinnow

11-20-2012

I've been thinking about how a champion's T might change depending on who he has as a magichange partner, or how a monster's T skill changes on different humans. In Disgaea, it's based on the weapon they will always become, so it never changes. Here, that obviously doesn't work.

If Twitch were to magichange onto Vayne, for example, I envision the T skill she gains quite differently.

Repudiate: For 6 seconds, silver bolts is applied 1 extra time per 2 poison stacks per attack, to a maximum of 3.

This means that, by stacking Twitch's passive up a couple times and activating that, she could be procing silver bolts on every single attack.

ninjaelephant31

11-21-2012

Humans can totally magichange, I mean look at Gordon in disgaea 3 XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHIYc0n4CxA