Why do we lose ELO for 4v5s???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Retro Shock

Senior Member

11-20-2012

It's not a 4v5. It's a 5v5 with someone that got DCed or left.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oxeaklene

Senior Member

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pootertool

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxeaklene View Post
Lol, knew somebody was going to bring this argument to the table. I understand this completely and agree with it, but placement matches are worth so much elo that a series of random disconnects can either skyrocket your elo or plummet it (but it shouldn't affect it).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bland

Senior Member

11-20-2012

granted, your thread was first, but I'm too lazy to retype the argument: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2823573
The guy two posts above me is also right on spot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pootertool

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bland View Post
granted, your thread was first, but I'm too lazy to retype the argument: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2823573
The guy two posts above me is also right on spot.
I am trying to sound sincere here but if you read my proposed solution, people aren't going to want to DC because they will take a large elo hit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bland

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootertool View Post
I am trying to sound sincere here but if you read my proposed solution, people aren't going to want to DC because they will take a large elo hit.
That's not the point... the big point is that it creates incentive to be a dickhead to the weakest link in the team.
Given how they want people to reform via Tribunal and the likes, this would be a step backwards from their goal, simple as that.

Edit: AND of course the problem with duo queue... Your argument that the Elo gained is small is moot... The Elo loss is zero, so you can only go up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pootertool

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bland View Post
That's not the point... the big point is that it creates incentive to be a dickhead to the weakest link in the team.
Given how they want people to reform via Tribunal and the likes, this would be a step backwards from their goal, simple as that.
It wouldn't make sense to flame someone, because no one would want to quit even if they are getting flamed. Even if 4 people are yelling at me, I would not disconnect because i don't want to lose 100 elo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2012

If you didn't lose elo for 4v5,
People would just start dc'ing on purpose if you started to lose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pootertool

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bland View Post
That's not the point... the big point is that it creates incentive to be a dickhead to the weakest link in the team.
Given how they want people to reform via Tribunal and the likes, this would be a step backwards from their goal, simple as that.

Edit: AND of course the problem with duo queue... Your argument that the Elo gained is small is moot... The Elo loss is zero, so you can only go up.
I don't think you are getting it though. Why would someone want to plummet their own elo a lot so that there duo partner wouldn't lose a small amount?? No one would sacrifice 100 elo so their partner could save 20 elo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthius

Senior Member

11-20-2012

problem is, what if som1 had a power outage?

you can't really blame them because that stuff is unexpected