Jayce's "To The Skies!"(Q) causes him to slowly run to his target instead

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-20-2012

I reported this a few time but no replies.

Anyways, when using his Q in hammer form, rather than jumping up and slamming his target, he just slowly walks towards them instead.

It happened mostly in SR, not sure if it happened in Dominion. It happens in both Classic and Fullmetal Skin.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

11-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

did you happen to be silenced when trying to use his Q? What happens before when the spell doesn't trigger correctly?

TheChinman

11-20-2012

I don't really take note of what's going on when this happens to me, but it does happen semi-frequently. It usually occurs in huge team fights or when there is a lot going on.

Basically it looks like instead of playing the animation for his jump, Jayce is moved like a chess piece (it looks like someone is sliding him across a chess board) to where he would end up after the jump. I believe the damage and the slow are still applied, so it seems to me like it's an issue where the animation just doesn't play sometimes.

I never brought it up because I only thought it happened to me (which in retrospect seems foolish), and it didn't bother me that much...

Shnksy

11-20-2012

I've had this happen as well even just off alone farming. I want to say it might of been stance changing and quickly using his Q but it's been a few week's since it's happened and I don't quite remember. This probably isn't a ton of help but I do know it can happen without any other champion interaction.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
did you happen to be silenced when trying to use his Q? What happens before when the spell doesn't trigger correctly?
Nope, I was never silenced. And the ability still worked as normal, everything around where you intended to land on still took damage, but it was really awkward and slow to see him slowly shift to the location you were trying to jump to.

But I don't know if this matters or not. But usually when this happens, it's often when I'm going in for the kill. Whether it's a minion I want to last hit or a dying enemy champion. It's usually those situations that I notice his Q bugs like this the most. I don't mean I'm trying to kill the enemy with his Q, since that never happens, but using it to close the gap.

So my guess is something that happens when I try to go in for a kill that causes his Q to glitch like this.