Stuck in ELO HELL, because of trolls.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephrinx

11-20-2012

Elo hell exists because there are bad players. No matter what your elo, you will always get people who aren't as good as they should be.
You will always get trolls. You will always get idiots. You will always get bads, no matter what your elo. Unless you get 2.2K Plus, you will be trolled or have an afk or rage quitter 2 out of every 5 games. I base this fact of off empirical data I have gathered via surveys I've done and lolking histories over the past 3 months.

adc

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephrinx View Post
Elo hell exists because there are bad players. No matter what your elo, you will always get people who aren't as good as they should be.
You will always get trolls. You will always get idiots. You will always get bads, no matter what your elo. Unless you get 2.2K Plus, you will be trolled or have an afk or rage quitter 2 out of every 5 games. I base this fact of off empirical data I have gathered via surveys I've done and lolking histories over the past 3 months.
I can completely demolish this retarded claim of yours.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2795176

Bam. 11 games, no trolls or afkers or ragequitters. Just bad players being bad players.

Kalenda

11-26-2012

Elo hell exists because the ranking system in itself is flawed. You can only get to the parts of ELO where there aren't trolls by pure luck, and elo hell is when people are stricken with the wrong side of the coin just way too many damn times.Trolls exist. I just got an Annie that went 2/9/7 and intentionally fed, spammed 'LOL' in chat, and made the word acronym 'GG' using wards. Yeah, it happens. That's why people like me are stuck at 1200-1350 because that's where the trolls hover. Kind of why I believe your team shouldn't decide your ELO. Your KDR and performance should.

Dotayy

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRecord View Post
I started at 1300 elo, gaining rapidly, but then 7 games in a row people trolled, we got annie who only speaks GREEK, and was 0/11 with 60 CS at the 20 minute mark. We got people playing teemo support/top. etc.

I average a game 7/4/5 with my favorite AP mid(diana) and around 300 CS around the 40 minute mark, compared to other's 150. Now, Since im stuck around the 1000 mark, Its IMPOSSIBLE to get out. I always get trolls and people who feed. I invited my friend who was 1300 elo to play with me, and boy he agreed it was a HELL HOLE.

I almost ALWAYS win a lane, at lvl 6 I am able to roam and usually gank top or bot 2 times each. But my team ALWAYS throws it, AFKS, or leaves.

PLEASE help, I can't do anything, and the farther I go down, the worse people get!
Wanna Duo? I am stuck around 1000 aswell. I went down to 800 actually. from 1200 to 800 in 2 days! climbed back up to 900 something.

Fluffyknowsyou

11-26-2012

I've been in the bowls of elo hell and back(865 lowest point) and I have to say the biggest thing you can do is jungle.

Jungling well allows you to gank lanes. Successful ganks give your team an advantage. Having an advantage is half the battle when playing with players who have little concept of positioning or warding.

Fishtumz

11-27-2012

User error

Gruffleen

11-27-2012

I haven't even started playing ranked, partially because of all of these posts about Elo Hell and trolls, etc (and partially because I'm not nearly good enough yet). Instead, I've spent some time joining a clan, making friends, and playing pre-mades on normal (or even partially premade, 3 of 5 for example). If trolls are such a nightmare, my question is why folks continue to deal with it? If you have to dodge, that 30 mins could be spent researching clans or joining one, and making friends so that you don't have to live in Elo Hell. If 2 out of 5 matches are a loss due to trolls, why not spend a few hours finding a group of people you can rely on instead being one of 100's writing forum posts complaining about their ordeals?

I'm not very social by nature, but I got to play 5 or 6 straight games with clanmates yesterday...no stress, no muss, everyone is good-natured, works together to determine positions and lanes, and doesn't ***** when I or someone else makes a mistake (But there was one ranked player providing awesome feedback on questions I didn't even know to ask and explaining many nuances of the game I had no idea about). We won some, we lost some, but in general, it was a whole lot more fun playing with folks I could talk to and learn from than playing a random 5v5 and dealing with the shenanigans that constantly go on.

I don't know...it seems like joining a clan or making a large group of friends seems like a pretty simple solution to what seems to be the most frustrating part of the game for many people...am I missing something?

Ryansmokespot

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveCommander View Post
the 'no ELO-Hell' argument only exists for people that have never been there. There are a lot of people who troll in this game, and when they troll in ranked, their teams lose. A LOT.
Those people get terrible, terrible ELO. They may occassionaly win against a bad team, or get carried to victory, which keeps their ELO reasonable-ish (let's assume around 800-1200). So you'll find that the lower end of the spectrum has a lot of trolls, a lot of bad players, and a lot of people stuck in ELO Hell (who I'll refer to as prisoners). When you get outright pubstomped, chances are you're up against a team of prisoners, and have a few trolls or unskilled players on your team.

tl;dr ELO Hell does exist. Mageinta Warrior, are you denying that there are trolls in this game? (Trundle notwithstanding) Because there has to be a place for them, and it's not often 1600+
If you can only win if you play bad people or get carried, I think you might even be at too high of an elo.

obnoxiousplayz

08-27-2013

I am so sick of these threads the same question is answered a thousand times. Its like trying to teach a brick how to play hockey. I'm done good day people.