@Riot @Community: Assassins and Melee ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheZooblord

11-20-2012

This is just a noob question, not some thread intending to whine about game balance, although I'm sure the balance complainers will hijack the thread soon enough...

Is there a place in the current meta for assassins of either variety (AP/AD) or Melee AD Carries (like Tryndamere/Fiora)? Are there any plans in the works to make either role more viable, if they currently aren't? Are there any good forums posts/red posts on this that I'm missing?

Most of what I see in the pro games is Bruiser Top, Tank/Bruiser Jungle, AP Mage Mid (possibly Katarina mid, which is an assassin at least), Ranged ADC/Support bot, of course. And logically this appears to be the best possible set up, which is of course why it is the meta. Whenever I see people play assassins or Melee ADC, it just doesn't seem to work out. Is this generally true, or am I missing something?

Although I suppose the Season 3 jungle changes sound like they are intended to make squishy junglers more viable, which might open the role up to assassins and melee ADC.

So what's up? Lol

TheZooblord

11-20-2012

bunp? D:

razor345

11-20-2012

i wouldnt put to much hope in any changes too assassins....they do things that riot doesnt like.

Nymura

11-20-2012

the thing about assassins is that they do their role well enough, their job is to kill single targets who stray to far apart, unfortunantly unlike dota farming isn't as big of a concern so after 20 mins everyone is team fighting and they become useless. cant really do much about this unless you change the whole game, or have assassins teleport their victims into another dimension for a cuple seconds.

TheZooblord

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasuna View Post
the thing about assassins is that they do their role well enough, their job is to kill single targets who stray to far apart, unfortunantly unlike dota farming isn't as big of a concern so after 20 mins everyone is team fighting and they become useless. cant really do much about this unless you change the whole game, or have assassins teleport their victims into another dimension for a cuple seconds.
Well yeah, I would even argue that they are handy in a teamfight for leaping onto the enemy AP/AD carries and gunning them down before they can unload, but the problem seems to be that there is no good lane/position for Assassins to farm up their build.

Nymura

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZooblord View Post
Well yeah, I would even argue that they are handy in a teamfight for leaping onto the enemy AP/AD carries and gunning them down before they can unload, but the problem seems to be that there is no good lane/position for Assassins to farm up their build.
mid is usually a great place for assassins, the downside is you dont have an ap carry now.
kinda a tradeoff
an example is talon mid, he ****s **** up. but he doesnt have much teamfight potential

TheZooblord

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasuna View Post
mid is usually a great place for assassins, the downside is you dont have an ap carry now.
kinda a tradeoff
an example is talon mid, he ****s **** up. but he doesnt have much teamfight potential
Hmm, I guess I can see that. Any idea where melee ADC's fit in?

Although I guess there's only four of them. GP, Yi, Trynd, Fiora...

Also an assassin whose ult transports his victim into an alternate dimension for a few seconds sounds awesome. Lol.