Good Burst Champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AddictedtoAnime

11-20-2012

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to League of legends and have been playing on and off for a while.
I am looking to buy my first "serious" purchase of a champion and have around 4000 ip.I am looking for a type of champion that can get in, deal damage, then get out quickly, preferably ranged. I was thinking of Brand, Varus, or Xerath as possibilities but am unsure.
Can you guys help advise me on who is best for this role?
Thanks!
Also: can the match history show all your games, and if so, how to do so?

GreenJ

11-20-2012

Some good burst champions are:

Leblanc
Lux
Regard
Kha'Zix
Xin Zhao
Katarina

Damiya

Technical Analyst

11-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

First off, welcome to League and I'm glad you're having a great time

It's always a big step when you go to buy your first *serious* champion and get invested into someone; I remember picking up Ryze way back when.

Before I hop in with some advice, let me ask you a question: What type of champion role are you most comfortable with?

It sounds like you're leaning towards ranged, AP style stuff (since you mentioned Brand and Xerath, who are both usually mid lane and focus on big nukes) which is very different from Varus who tends to fit more into the 'ad carry' role (and is usually paired with a support champion to protect him while he scales up).

The big distinction is magic vs physical (basically focusing on your abilities instead of autoattacks) and power curve (Varus is super super strong late game but as a ramp up time, whereas Brand and Xerath usually rise quicker early on and plateau a bit lower).

Does that help a little?

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

LeBlanc literally fulfills your description of get in, raise hell, escape. Sometimes before they can even respond.

Neither Varus or Brand really "go in" and Xerath doesn't even come close. Varus stays back to pick people off, Brand only goes in at the golden moment and really doesn't have to back up afterwards, and Xerath's range is so great he doesn't go in at all.

Alternately, Ahri is a champion who has three separate dashes, so depending on how careful you are with them, you can go into a fight, throw all of your spells, and get out without even taking a single hit.

Gormogon12

11-20-2012

Poppy can immensely strong late game if you play her right. Her early game can be a bit tough sometimes, but if you do it right, she absolutely dominates and she's cheap at 450 ip.

Gormogon12

11-20-2012

but she isn't ranged. didnt read the whole thing before I posted sorry lol

AddictedtoAnime

11-20-2012

Uhuh. Well, the only major successes I've had so far are with Master Yi and Lux.
My main problem is remembering not to charge in straight away.
I'd probably prefer AP @RiotDamiya, as it probably suits my playstyle more than landing auto-attacks, but anyone who can harrass without suffering likewise (so probably afar) would suffice. Moreso, if they can nuke and run.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-20-2012

Ahri

Strong AP damage, on top of an Ult that allows you to jump up to 3 time and deal "AoE" magic damage. She also has a "taunt" and can deal true damage.

Zerophux

11-20-2012

Ahri, Leblanc or Kassidin are the only run in burst and run out type champs. Poppy is complex and takes late game until strong so I wouldn't get him as ur first champion for you'll get more frustration at first than fun. Lux is a good one for she has great range and if straight AP can do some great ranged damage! Xerath is similar to lux.

Hope that helps. I love Kass and Lux just for some input

Vestuvius

11-20-2012

My first was Orianna. High skill cap but well worth learning.