Want to see Kassadin's daughter as a Void support champion?

Yes! Sign me up! 14 70.00%
Not really, no. 2 10.00%
Void support is a go, but it shouldn't be Kassadin's daughter. 1 5.00%
Riot should definitely introduce Kassadin's daughter, but not as a Void support. 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

[Champ Concept] Sephone, The Lost Girl

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freecycle

11-20-2012

So, I'm reposting with some actual details for my idea. I think the next champ ought to be a support, and that she should be Kassadin's daughter. This fills a hole in Void lore that Riot has opened up, and it rounds out the portfolio of Void champs. I honestly think that this would be such an interesting champion; when Riot announced that they would be coming out with a support that didn't wear shoes (which we now know to be Nami), this is what I had pictured.

Sephone, the Lost Girl (sef-OWN-ee; derived from the Greek myth of Persephone)

Lore:

In the years of her childhood, Sephone delighted in spending her days in the woods near her home on the outskirts of the Placidium in Ionia, playing hide-and-seek with her friends. She was by far the best at hiding, and no matter how long and painstakingly the other children searched for her, they could never find her hiding place; she would conceal the sounds of her steps by taking off her shoes, as her bare feet carried her much more silently. She would run, hide, and evade the other children until the late hours as the sun began to set, when Sephone would intently listen for the voice of her father, Kassadin, calling her home as soon as he would return from his long research trips which carried him all across Valoran. As she matured into a headstrong, graceful young woman, her curiosity with her father’s studies grew as well. She began to pry with many questions, all of which were met with her father’s stern but assuring warnings not to concern herself with such matters. Sephone’s curiosity began to mix with concern for the safety of her beloved father, and after Kassadin failed to return home from his latest journey – the details of which he steadfastly refused to divulge – Sephone broke into his study and stole away with some of his journals in an attempt to track him down.

Her search took Sephone to places she had not imagined her father would have ever willingly visited – old libraries filled with dark and foreboding tomes, the aging sites of massacres, places that filled Sephone with fear. She found herself removing her shoes when she felt the sinking in her stomach to keep some imagined foe from finding her. She ultimately found her father, after more than a year of searching, when she discovered that he had just become a League champion. She tried to track him to Zaun, but had unfortunately been followed by Malzahar, who planned to use her as bait for some manner of trap for Kassadin. When the Void Walker learned of the trap, he hunted Malzahar down to free his daughter. In the ensuing battle, however, Kassadin unknowingly completed some vile ritual of Malzahar’s. The last thing Sephone heard was her father’s voice before something grabbed her and dragged her into the Void.

It had been nigh on three years since Sephone’s disappearance when a barefoot woman appeared at the Institute of War, demanding to speak with the Void Walker. She revealed herself to be none other than Sephone... and she had been changed. Still a young woman, her soft voice now carried an unsettling timbre, her eyes glowed, and she produced no sound as she moved. The horrors that Sephone witnessed during her time in that place, nobody can rightfully know. Only she could describe them, and they defy description. All she has revealed about her time in the Void that she had survived by running and hiding from the monstrosities there, and that she has learned a dark truth – one she refuses to share with anyone but her father.

“None of you understand what is to come. If you knew, you wouldn’t be making so much noise.”

I based her lore on a story in the Journal of Justice, Vol. 1, no. 14, which details the scene between Kassadin and Malzahar. When Kassadin arrives on the scene, his exact words are: "Malzahar! Get away from her! She is not yours!" (my emphasis). The story even ends with the head investigator saying that he believes Kassadin's daughter was the victim. Admittedly, this is not new, but it's a carrot on a stick that Riot has so deliciously dangled in front of us that they MUST plan to do something with it. I just think that this concept would be the way to go.

Credit also goes to fellow summoners LexusOnFire and DogWallace for helping come up with the idea and hashing out some of the details.

Freecycle

11-20-2012

Okay, so here's a tentative kit for the character. Her moveset is based around the strategic placement of her totems and the timing of her other spells. She's built to go hard into the utility paint.

UPDATE: 12:01 November 21st. Joriele just gave his updated, scaled kit, including stats. This information is now listed below. Once again, suggestions are welcomed.

Damage: 45 (+3.1/level)
Health: 354 (+73/level)
Mana 295 (+75/level)
Movement Speed: 310
Armor: 9 (+3.2/level)
Spellblock: 30 (+0/level)
Health Regen: 4.5 (+0.55/level)
Mana Regen: 7 (+0.65/level)

Abilities

Passive: Hide and Seek – Sephone is invisible for two seconds upon entering the sight range of an enemy Champion, Minion or Ward unless she attacks or activates an ability.

Q: Void Totem – Sephone creates a totem, granting short-range vision and increased movement speed for nearby allies.

Sephone creates a totem which lasts for 1 minute. The totem grants sight in a small range around it for 13(+1.2 seconds per 30 ability power) seconds. The sight range of each totem is 450/475/500/525/550. Sephone and all allied champions within sight range of a totem are granted 3.5/4.0/4.5/5.0/5.5% bonus movement speed for 3 seconds or until the champion leaves the sight radius (whichever comes last).

Cost: 25/35/45/55/65 Mana
Range: 550

W: Totem Blast – Sephone purges all of her totems, dealing magic damage to nearby foes.

Sephone purges all of her totems, damaging all enemy Champions and Minions in range for 75/95/115/135/155 (+0.65) magic damage.

Cost: 65/75/85/95/105 Mana
Range: 450/475/500/525/550

E: Curse of the Lost – Sephone purges all of her totems, silencing enemy Champions in their sight range and slowing their movement speed.

Sephone purges all of her totems, silencing enemy champions in their sight range for 1.5 seconds and slowing them by 7/8.5/10/11.5/13%. If multiple enemy champions are within a totem's sight range, only the enemy Champion closest to the totem is affected.

Cost: 80/95/110/125/140 Mana
Range: 450/475/500/525/550

R: Shroud of the Void – Sephone summons a sphere of clouds from the Void, blinding her enemies and granting her allies defense from enemy damage.

Sephone summons a sphere of clouds. Any enemy champion touched by the clouds is blinded for 2 seconds and suffer 85/145/205 (+0.75) magic damage. If an enemy champion touched by the clouds is also within the sight range of a totem, they are blinded for one additional second. Any allied champion touched by the cloud are granted 20 armor (+1 per 20 ability power) and 20 magic resistance(+1 per 20 ability power) for 12 seconds.

Cost: 110/160/210 Mana
Range: 600
Radius: 500/600/700

Freecycle

11-20-2012

Also, many thanks to my friend Joriele for coming up with about 99% of the kit. All I did was rename a couple of the spells.

Freecycle

11-20-2012

Shameless bump. I'm really hoping to see some discussion on this one.

Freecycle

11-20-2012

Sephone's kit is now fully scaled and completed. Thanks again to Joriele.

Joriele

11-20-2012

Thanks for the props, Freecycle.
I'd love some suggestions on her concepts, this is my first wack at a spell list.

Some of my reasoning for choices are as follows:

1. Relatively Low Damage Output (This ain't no Mid Beast!):
Maybe some pros can come up with a way to play a zone lane mid comparable to Zyra, but I don't think this champion is going to have the 1v1 capacity or burst to sustain a 1v1 fight against most of the current mids in the game. While I don't mind the idea of someone playing a super passive shut down lane mid with her, I really wanted to base her around pure utility. For reason such as 'Zomg free weak wards!' and her range of CC's I didn't feel a multi-click burst potential seemed fair.

2. Totems as the Q? (YOUR Q NO HEAVY?!?!)
Ya, I really feel like the totem is what she should revolve around, and to be frank I think adding dmg or major passive aoe debuffing to them to make them a painful first hit spell would be going to far for a few reasons. For one, she's got free Wards... Sure, they don't give sight for very long at all, and the range on them is pretty damn small (Maxing out at half ward sigh range), but they're still early, mid and late lane gank protection. I added the movement speed buff, rather tentatively, for a few reasons. For one, it may be more temping to put the totems along a lane and push up knowing you can boost your speed to run back to the turret, giving a little more push safety- (Varried Utility say wha?!) Second off- she's a support and I think the idea of giving your ADC that little extra skill shot dodging early game by placing a small aoe speed boost is just too cool to pass up on. It's a pretty small boost, I think, meaning making use of it is on the skill set of the summoner.

- Joriele
All comments and criticism welcome, come on in nicies and meanies alike.

Riufain

11-21-2012

Why purge all totems, more fun to selectively purge totems, global range on W and E

The5lacker

11-21-2012

The first problem which pops up, red flags waving, is that two of her abilities are 100% useless without her Q. That's just a big no-no. It limits how creatively people can build and just smacks of bad design. In addition, the totems themselves are...wonky. They exist for 1 minute but only grant sight for 13 seconds? They grant movement speed as long as allies are within sight range or for 3 seconds after they first pop? They grant 5% bonus movement speed (Which is practically nothing by the way. That'd be a bonus of maybe 20 bonus movement speed.)?

You were absurdly cautious with almost all of her numbers, man. I mean, 13% slow at rank 5 isn't much, and even Totem blast is pretty underwhelming for a support.

Here's what I think you should do: Scrap the current kit, and focus on the totem concept. Make each of her abilities place a totem that does a certain thing. Like, a totem that slows enemy champs around it, and blinds or silences for a second when it hits. A totem that heals allies around it and heals for a set amount when cast. Those kinds of things. This will give her a very defining presence as any team with her will have a very impressive amount of tactical information, able to monitor a decent chunk of the map remotely. Something like that really hasn't been done, short of Teemo (But lets not talk about Teemo...)

Freecycle

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
The first problem which pops up, red flags waving, is that two of her abilities are 100% useless without her Q. That's just a big no-no. It limits how creatively people can build and just smacks of bad design. In addition, the totems themselves are...wonky. They exist for 1 minute but only grant sight for 13 seconds? They grant movement speed as long as allies are within sight range or for 3 seconds after they first pop? They grant 5% bonus movement speed (Which is practically nothing by the way. That'd be a bonus of maybe 20 bonus movement speed.)?

You were absurdly cautious with almost all of her numbers, man. I mean, 13% slow at rank 5 isn't much, and even Totem blast is pretty underwhelming for a support.

Here's what I think you should do: Scrap the current kit, and focus on the totem concept. Make each of her abilities place a totem that does a certain thing. Like, a totem that slows enemy champs around it, and blinds or silences for a second when it hits. A totem that heals allies around it and heals for a set amount when cast. Those kinds of things. This will give her a very defining presence as any team with her will have a very impressive amount of tactical information, able to monitor a decent chunk of the map remotely. Something like that really hasn't been done, short of Teemo (But lets not talk about Teemo...)
Okay, so we should redesign her spells to be a different set of totems; this lets her bring a tactical advantage. And the totems themselves need to be reworked for numbers; Blast needs to be juiced a bit, slows and such could stand to be increased. With you so far.

What about her ulti and her passive? Honestly, I'm still fairly attached to the concepts for both, even if a rework is needed for them.

The5lacker

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecycle View Post
Okay, so we should redesign her spells to be a different set of totems; this lets her bring a tactical advantage. And the totems themselves need to be reworked for numbers; Blast needs to be juiced a bit, slows and such could stand to be increased. With you so far.

What about her ulti and her passive? Honestly, I'm still fairly attached to the concepts for both, even if a rework is needed for them.
What I'm thinking is this: Each of her skills make their own totem, and in addition to the totem make an Area of Effect ability around the totem, like a healing, a slow, etc. What you could do is have each spell's AoE be replicated through each Totem currently active, which could lead to some interesting global support effects, and then have her Ult be something focussed around them, like a large buff around each Totem without making one of it's own.

As for her passive...I'm not seeing how it fits her. Why would a support need an automatic stealth mechanic? Plus, stealthing automatically whenever an enemy comes within range seems REALLY powerful, even if her kit can't make maximum use for it.

I'd prefer a skillset like this:

- Passive - Reverberations
- All of Sephone's spells are copied for each Totem she has out.

- Q - Beacon of Destruction
- Places a totem and deals magic damage around each totem placed.

- W - Beacon of Restoration
- Places a totem and heals around each totem placed.

- E - Beacon of Dominion
- Places a totem and slows and silences around each totem.

- Ult - Void Overlay
- Makes a massive area around each beacon that boosts allies and damages enemies over around 5 seconds.

- Alternate Ult - Dimension Door
- Teleports Sephone after a short channeling to a totem and deals magic damage to enemies when she lands.

This is just a very rough sketch, but what you end up with is a champ with great vision of the surrounding area, handy support spells, and the ability to prepare a very well staged ambush to dominate foes who overextend or chase her into the jungle, while still being capable of running with her team on the front lines to push the lane and crush their towers.