Show auto-attack range when hovering cursor over attack damage on bottom left.

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matzospheres

11-20-2012

Hey Riot,
Here's a suggestion, can you show auto-attack range when hovering cursor over attack damage on the bottom left, next to the champion portrait and inventory?
This would be helpful to show a champion's auto-range to indicate how close he must be to a minion to last hit it or to a champion to attack it.

Can a Rioter come in and discuss this with us?
Bump and upvote this if you would like to see this happen!
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...hovering_over/
apparently, there is already a reddit thread about this topic with 1k+ upvotes. I searched general discussion but i did not see a thread about this topic.

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGooj View Post
It would be awesome if they could show the range when you press "a" or "x" too. upvote!
That sounds like an awesome suggestion too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaboopie View Post
I actually really love this suggestion. I mean, it'd be useless for melee champions, but as someone who has trouble last-hitting, knowing how close I have to get would help me out greatly. +1
It wouldn't be useless for melee champions because they vary in auto-attack range too, but I agree with you, and i'm sure this would help everyone greatly to know how close they need to be in range to autoattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimMachination View Post
do you mean like a circle (like abilities) to show your AA range? Because if so, that's a great idea.
Yes, a circle to indicate autoattack range by highlighting the attack damage icon next to your inventory, or by pressing "a" or "x" would be a great idea! There are ap players that need to know the range of their spells by hovering their cursor over their abilities. But, for ad players, i think it is so very necessary to know the range of your autoattacks, as this is the primary form of your damage, and you need to know the range at which you can attack safely. The number of your autoattack range when you press "c" is hard to picture and only relative to the number ranges of other ad carries, but knowing the range through a circle indicator is simple, and easy to picture for the visual player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrouge View Post
There's actually a way to do display your auto-attack range in Dota 2 and it's nifty: http://imgur.com/a/F8uf0#4
Dota 2 has a nifty way of showing the range of your autoattacks.

The circle doesn't have to be the standard light blue/green circle, but it can be a thinner red circle to change from ability range indicator.

It would be a small, but nice implementation to know what you should expect of a champion's auto-attack besides a somewhat vague number in the champion profile

Matzospheres

11-20-2012

bump

Vacus

11-20-2012

This would actually be awesome.

DemolitionDean

11-20-2012

Logged in to bump and upvote this, great user-friendly idea.

JakeHurwitz

11-20-2012

roit pls

DaGooj

11-20-2012

It would be awesome if they could show the range when you press "a" or "x" too. upvote!

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Actually, a genuinely good suggestion. +1'd

DaGooj

11-20-2012

What would be some arguments for and against this RIOT?

JakeHurwitz

11-20-2012

bump for red response

JakeHurwitz

11-20-2012

it's hard to get authorized into forums to bump this amazing and critical change suggestion. upvote and bump this community and we can make this happen sooner.

12345 ... 9